The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

Smile Cleveland is going to ROCK tonight!

I thought I'd get this thread started...

*Here is their camera policy: (Hello 105mm 2.8!)
Cameras will be inspected at designated turnstiles and must be 35mm or less, disposable or digital with a lens no more than 6 inches in length and 4 inches in width (anything greater than this is considered professional equipment and is not permitted inside The Q).

*Traffic may be bad cause there is also a baseball game...

*Also, REMEMBER To Register your identification online if you have Flash Seats: (I almost forgot...). Here is the tutorial from YouTube:

http://youtu.be/9A3N3K_HEys

I'm on the floor in Section 5, Row 3 if anyone wants to meet up...

Drive safe, everyone!

Emily
Old 06-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

some photos here -

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1693361&type=1

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Go Your Own Way -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

Did anyone get Gold Dust Woman? It was unbelievable. She was kind of creepin me out, but in a good way. Reminded me of the creature from "The Grudge".
Old 06-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, Stevie was in incredible voice last night. I feel like she even hit some quasi-falsetto notes toward the beginning of "Sara," though I'd have to hear a recording to confirm.

Oh yeah, and re: Gold Dust Woman... My friend said it looked like she was auditioning for "Walking Dead," haha!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart Thoughts on the Cleveland show

I saw opening night in Columbus and loved every minute of it. When I bought tickets for the Cleveland concert, I wondered how the show would evolve etc. etc.

I saw no signs of "road weariness" or boredom on any of the band whatsoever.

Although Stevie still limped a little, she moved very well to the music. In Columbus, where I thought her twirls were somewhat of an afterthought ("Oh! I need to twirl here!"--and then would turn two quick circles). Her voice has improved, too--not that it was 'bad' before--but whatever she has changed since then worked. Less of a nasal quality and more supported. She still said 'Sisters' was last performed live in '81.

Lindsey was fantastic, as always. I didn't remember how fierce his Turner Model 1 sounds--particularly on the intro to Rhiannon. Just amazing to hear in person; recordings just don't capture the depth of the tone.

John's performance was solid. Also, it looks as if he may have lost a little weight.

Mick seems to be in much better shape since early April. At the time, I was genuinely concerned that he was going too hard for what his heart could take. Last night he seemed to handle to load very well.

Now I'm headed to visit the Hall of Fame; I hope to talk with someone there about adding Mr. Welch to FM's eternal lineup.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Ledgie

I was there, my first FM show. Unbelievably good last night!
Old 06-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac delivers a marathon concert at The Q (review)
By Chuck Yarborough, The Cleveland Plain Dealer

on June 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM, updated June 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/in...s_a_marat.html

Fleetwood Mac gave a concert Saturday night at The Q with Mick Fleetwood on drums, Lindsey Buckingham on guitar and vocals, John McVie on bass and Stevie Nicks on vocals, and they were aided by a backing band that provided an extra guitar and keyboards as well as a couple of harmony singers who sang on a lot of the 23 songs the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers did in a two-hours and 40 minute set that included hits from the beginning to the current days of a career that, at least with Buckingham and Nicks in the fold, back in the early 1970s, but really couldn’t quite recapture the magic of those days, despite some really impressive guitar work and a stellar drum solo by Fleetwood, mainly because Nicks has lost a little of the somewhat limited range she had to begin with.

My computer tells me that paragraph has 145 words, and my instincts tell me you probably quit reading about 30 words into it. Which goes to prove the point that there’s a lot to be said for editing. Sentences AND concerts can be too long.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has scores of inductees, and few are more worthy of the honor than Fleetwood Mac. The band’s catalog – from “Rumors’’ to the newest release, a four-song EP called, fittingly, “Extended Play’’ – is a testament to the talents of Fleetwood, McVie (both John and his ex-wife and former bandmate, Christine), Buckingham and Nicks.

“Second Hand News,’’ “Rhiannon,’’ “Tusk,’’ “Never Going Back Again,’’ “Go Your Own Way,’’ “Don’t Stop’’ and the rest were, for a lot of us, the first “grown-up’’ songs we fell in love with. They were and are the tunes you can hear over and over and find new meaning and nuances in each listen.

One reason for that was obvious Saturday night: Fleetwood, McVie and Buckingham are hugely gifted artists. McVie lays a solid foundation, but he’s also capable of turning his bass into a lead instrument. The always animated Fleetwood – the inspiration for the Muppets’ drummer Animal, by the way – is that rare drummer who uses his fills to complement his jungle-beat grooves, especially on tunes like “Tusk.’’

And then there’s Buckingham’s guitar. In a word, WOW. His fingerpicking style on his beloved Turner Model One guitar really is the stuff of legends. Multiple big-screen close-ups showed that he was able to bend strings from here to Toledo and pull sounds out of a guitar that most people wouldn’t think possible, especially on “I’m So Afraid’’ and “The Chain.’’

But Fleetwood Mac has always been about the vocals, and as the saying goes, therein lies the rub. Nicks still LOOKS 25, but she’s 65 now, and her already limited range is even more limited. Not that much, you understand, but enough to make a difference. To use a sports analogy, it’s like a home run hitter who’s lost a few mph off his swing; balls that used to reach the bleachers are now warning-track outs.

That being said, she’s still capable of jacking one every now and then. “Landslide,’’ covered by the Dixie Chicks and so many others, will forever be a Stevie song, and she still does it better than anyone. Likewise with “Sisters of the Moon’’ and “Gold Dust Woman.’’

The most curious part of the show may have been the second of two two-song encores. Who would choose to end a Fleetwood Mac show with Fleetwood and McVie offstage, leaving Buckingham and Nicks alone to do “Silver Springs’’ and “Say Goodbye?’’

Hmmmm. Looks like a job for an editor.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, ^ at least this guy thought SOTM was a highlight.

Michele
Old 06-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another amusing intro.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Another amusing intro.
another angle - second part of that same intro, zooming in on Lindsey making triangles and faces -

Old 06-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Gdw...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPaSY4yoh5g
Old 06-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

This looks like a show I shouldn't have missed. Stevie sounds like she was really able to belt it. Once a video of Sara pops up I'm going to really regret it.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
This looks like a show I shouldn't have missed. Stevie sounds like she was really able to belt it. Once a video of Sara pops up I'm going to really regret it.
i have a bit of Sara, but i was filming Lindsey's audience interactions during the song. i was planning to post it in Lindsey forum (in that thread on what LB fans can do during SN songs), so not to offend any gentle soul here.

although even while filming i got so bored with the song going on and on that i couldn't hold camera up anymore so it's not the whole song ... plus at that point another LB fan sitting few rows behind me started texting me how bored she was too and how many 2-minute LB songs they could fit in that time slot.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'd love to hear some more of Lindsey's Tusk stuff in these shows, but the one to cut for me is GDW. Especially with the extended "dancing" now at the end. It's a good song, but you can have too much of a good thing after all. Something about Sara keeps me hooked. Maybe I'm just a softy. I'd love to see it here though. You won't offend me. Promise.