Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Finally went to sleep at 5am. The culprit was drinking 3 cups of coffee yesterday morning. I removed coffee from my life almost 2 months ago and have had it only two times after. Since dumping that stuff I have slept better, have more energy and my memory has improved. And also the most strangest thing of them all; my hair of which was thinning out because I am in my mid 50's has become thick again like when I was in my youth. Who wouldda thunk that caffeine could be so damaging?
I know that American coffee has more caffeine than traditional espresso, and the maximum amount of coffee per day should be not more than 5 small cups of espresso so I guess that three cups of coffee may already exceed the recommended dose.
I think the major factor is the increased quality and quantity of sleep, when I'm stressed because I have exams and sleep worse my hair also becomes thinner, frailer and tends to fall more, my mother always freaks out and wants me to take blood tests.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
when I'm stressed because I have exams and sleep worse my hair also becomes thinner, frailer and tends to fall more, my mother always freaks out and wants me to take blood tests.
Mother knows best.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's pouring rain outside. It has been raining all morning but as soon as I was ready to step outside the drops started pounding. There is a flood in my walkway to the car. The lawn was very recently seeded with new soil added, so when I walk through that I am sinking into mud. I had to get to a store that told me they were closing early and as I pulled out of the parking lot to the street I was just in time for the arrival of the funeral procession that was led by a cop car. Then I get to the store and cannot get the carriage inside because some numb nut parked right in front of the door on the sidewalk and then told me to just wait 5 minutes til he came back out. Meanwhile I'm almost drenched even in my hat and raincoat. Then I headed to the next store and upon leaving there an employee offers me an umbrella to walk to my car. Apparently I did not understand him because I suggested he hold the thing over my groceries and he said no, keep the bags up here and take the umbrella to the car. Not risking having possible trouble undoing the umbrella when I go to get in the car I leave all of it with him, walk to the car and drove it up to him. He walks the carriage to the trunk. I beep the horn. He just stand there and a coworker tells him to put it in the door. He opens the back door which is filled with stuff already and then he opens the front door finally. But at this point he already left the damned umbrella with his coworker and he got my bags all wet. Then I get home to a much worse muddy flood outside my door than when I left. So as you can see, I have already had the day from Hell and now that I have changed clothe's I gotta go back out there and rinse and repeat.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let go. Let God.
Thanks vivfox.

I felt bad in a way for even talking about alcohol because
so many have a problem with it. But I've always been curious
to how it makes people feel when they've had too much. And
apparently "one" bottle isn't enough to make me feel anything.

Maybe because I had eaten dinner with it. An empty stomach
might have made the difference.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Well, at least you have good taste.
Thank you.

I'd asked for recommendations from a few people.
Wound up buying two bottles. Just drank the one.

I'll have to find the other bottle and see if it meets
your standards. It was more expensive than the first.

I'd wanted to try one of the Coppola wines after I'd seen
a video about their vineyards.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not posting this because I'm a hard-core vegan. I eat mostly vegan food but also a little organic and goats dairy and occasionally fish and eggs.

I spotted this video today and it relates to some posts I made last year about the pharmaceuticals industry and our diets. I found it very interesting, and this doctor is good at getting the points across in an easily understandable way.

Healthy food as a healing agent and for prevention of disease, is something I'm very passionate about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlWvy1mN2DI

Just as a side note... I think it can be difficult to find a healthy, balanced vegan diet - but it is possible. Certainly not a vegan diet that is still full of sugar, wheat and processed grains I've seen a number of unhealthy vegans.
I've read quite a bit about wholefoods diets that eliminate processed food but still include some meat or fish and dairy, and these diets can be more practical and sensible for some people.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:17 AM

These last two weeks it's been awfully hot, the weather hasn't been this torrid in decades, and as a result I had to put to a halt my passion for bakery. However fortunately I've remembered some no-bake recipes I settled for some interesting variation of Tiramisù (one of my past favorites with zabaglione) and then last Sunday I tried this super easy 10 minutes Pavesini roll-cake. It's so easy it practically rolls itself up, the fill was ricotta and pistachio custard:

I will try them again someday when I have last minute demands, but for now I really miss my cakes.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

SisterNightroad, thank u for the roll up dessert. The pic was big enough for u to share a piece with all of us. Delicious!
Old 08-10-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
SisterNightroad, thank u for the roll up dessert. The pic was big enough for u to share a piece with all of us. Delicious!
Thanks to you for the compliments, however it's very simple, if you (or anyone) want to try you just need:

4 small packs of Pavesini or similar biscuits
coffee, milk or any other drink you like
half-pound of cream cheese
half-pound of chocolate spread, custard or any other thing you like

You just have to shortly dip the biscuits in the coffee then place them over a sheet of baking paper in 4 rows of 11 Pavesini. After that you mix the cream cheese with the spread (or anything else you've chosen) and gently spread it on the biscuits. Then, starting from the side where the Pavesini are horizontal, you wrap the roll on itself aiding yourself with the baking paper and close it. Put it on a tray and leave in the fridge at least 5 hours before serving, or even better the whole night, and if you put the roll in the freezer for a couple of hours before cutting it, it will be much easier to handle.

It's easier done than said, look at some internet pictures:

Old 08-20-2017, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Pretty sure nobody remembers me from the ooooold times!
I was a member back in 2010 (i think?). A French teenage girl who basically learnt English by talking to people and reading The Ledge.
Just want to say hi to everyone. No idea what's going on on the FM planet anymore.
Cheers everyone!
Old 08-20-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
I was a member back in 2010 (i think?). A French teenage girl who basically learnt English by talking to people and reading The Ledge.
Just want to say hi to everyone. No idea what's going on on the FM planet anymore.
Cheers everyone!
Welcome back Sleepless-Child!
Old 08-20-2017, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
Cheers everyone!
I TOTALLY remember you! It's so funny because I feel like we both joined within months of each other and I recently got back in the community as well!

Truly remarkable how timeless this band, its fans, and the aura around it are.

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 08-20-2017, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
I TOTALLY remember you! It's so funny because I feel like we both joined within months of each other and I recently got back in the community as well!

This is so heartwarming . I remember you too!!
I'm rediscovering the emojis, the endless drama, the community !!
It's been so nice (and cringey, tbh) re-reading the posts and realising how much I've grown.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post

YOU are a sight for sore eyes. Welcome back Miranda!!! Some of my favorite memories of The Ledge involve your teenage years with your mother's disdain for all things Stevie Nicks LOL.
I remember the time u said she came into your room and angrily knocked all the CD's off of a table. Another time I think it was in front of company when she weirdly said something like, "you get your inspiration from SN???"
Old 08-21-2017, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
YOU are a sight for sore eyes. Welcome back Miranda!!! Some of my favorite memories of The Ledge involve your teenage years with your mother's disdain for all things Stevie Nicks LOL.
I remember the time u said she came into your room and angrily knocked all the CD's off of a table. Another time I think it was in front of company when she weirdly said something like, "you get your inspiration from SN???"
GREETINGS!

Oh boy, yes I took a trip down memory lane of my old posts and I'm beyond embarrassed to say the least. Thankfully I have grown a ton in the time I've spoken with y'all, and my mom is truly my best friend now. Chalk it up to those testing teen years, I suppose.

But I'm back, I'm an adult, and I've missed you all! It's so cool to see this community still around and thriving!

Hugs!

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09