Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Dallas, Texas Show???

Is anyone here attending that one tonight?
Old 06-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am! Can't wait!

Old 06-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Ledgie

I am!!! Having a hard time concentrating at work!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

I am also! I'm currently driving up right now with my mother
Old 06-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Review

Nice review in Dallas Morning News with 14 photos.
http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainm...as-concert.ece
Old 06-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Went to the Dallas Fleetwood Mac concert last night it was Amazing (as expected) I took my mom and sister and I'm pretty sure I converted them to mac fans. They were really impressed with the show.

I have videos that I will try and upload and share tonight. I did video most of the show, but I was using my son's phone because the video recorder is much better than mine and unfortunately I was about 4 song into the show before I could figure out how the thing worked, plus the thing was so touch sensitive that it stopped a few times during important songs (Sara) and so a few songs are in 2 parts

A few things I can tell you about the show are that during Stevie's intro to Without You she explained that on the plane they (not sure who they are, but I think she meant her and Lindsey) were talking about her intro getting longer, and longer and that she should try and cut it down. Stevie said she wanted to shorten it but was afraid that the fans would lose some important parts of the story, but she was going to try and make it shorter. During the story got off track and she forgot what she had been saying. She told Lindsey twice that she could not remember what she was going to say or where she was at in the story and Lindsey told her that, that is what she gets for trying to shorten the story.

She did finally picked the story back up and finished it, but even with her forgetting her place, I don't think the intro would have been any shorter than the last few shows they did.

She dedicated Landslide to a woman named Nicky, she said Nicky was her Fairy God Daughter, because she said she does not have God Daughters, she has Fairy God Daughters. She said Nicky had been having a rough time and that Nicky had just had a baby girl which Stevie said was her Great Fairy Daughter. She asked everyone to pray for Nicky that she get through this difficult time and Stevie told her that she believed in Nicky and that we are all Strong Women.

Stevie was great, she twirled around on stage and really gave her all, her voice sounded great too. The poor thing was limping when she walked off stage (I think it was after Stand Back). Hopefully, once they break for the summer she will be able to rest her knee and it will be better once they go to Europe.

Lindsey was Lindsey; he is just an amazing musician/guitar player. He played as good (actually I think better) than any guitar player out there today regardless of their age. He hopped around on stage and dripped sweat all over the people in the front row .

During Gold Dust Woman Lindsey was over at the drums doing that dance (or whatever it's called) where he bounces his guitar off his midsection (I'm trying to make this a family friendly post) and he was really getting into it. You can tell that Lindsey definitely loves his guitar. Forget women Lindsey, stick with your guitar it will never leave your or talk back and it will always be there whenever you need it.

Mick's solo in World Turning is also amazing; he's still a killer drummer and never missed a beat throughout the whole show.

From where we were sitting (Lindsey's side) I could not see John very much, but his bass playing was flawless, especially during The Chain.

That's pretty much all I can remember right now. I tried to upload the videos this morning but there was some glitch. I will see if my son can upload them tonight because he's computer savvy.

Last edited by Deeshere; 06-05-2013 at 01:34 PM..
Old 06-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, thanks for the review. It seems like a great show and I'm glad that Stevie is in such good spirits, even if she is not 100% physically. Personally, I think the boots should go. They are shorter on her leg, but they still have quite a heel. I think that must impede her healing.

Just saying she wants to make the into shorter, makes it longer.

Michele