Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.ew.com/music/2018/01/27/F...018-musicares/

Nice article with pictures.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's Lorde doing Silver Springs. I'm not a fan of the way she phrases the chorus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxa3d1FgIik

Kevin
Old 01-27-2018, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Alison Krauss doing Songbird. I think she has done That's Alright live before, so I was kind of hoping for that one, but this is well done, IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8saxIjqKqYE

Brandi Carlile doing Say You Love Me. Brandi is AMAZING LIVE. I saw her recently (just Brandi and the twins, the two guys standing on either side of her in the vide) and she was spectacular. This video doesn't do her justice. Also, on a previous tour she did The Chain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lccD-Z619HU

Miley Cyrus doing Landslide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H72F7fK5doI

Keith Urban doing Second Hand News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpw5i_rjDNk

I think it speaks to the quality of these last two songs that I don't particularly like either of these artists but the songs sound great.

Also, I think it would not be a bad idea to release this in either CD or DVD format. I'd much rather listen to these versions of the songs than that old Rumours tribute CD. Though I'd actually rather just listen to the originals.

Kevin

Last edited by pattyfan; 01-27-2018 at 03:24 PM..
Old 01-27-2018, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Clip of Imagine Dragons performing Big Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwQBtDFfk2I
Old 01-27-2018, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I"m reposting what someone has already posted, feel free to delete. Just by checking Youtube, it looks like FM did Little Lies, Gold Dust Woman, and Go Your Own Way, as well as The Chain with that Harry dude about whom I know exactly nothing. Then other people did Mac songs. I'll keep posting if we wan them all in one place.

Kevin
Old 01-27-2018, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone have interview videos? I saw a few clips on Instagram but they were cut off.

I think some cover artists were better than others. Lorde's interpretation of Silver Springs was... interesting. She was drowned out at the end by the backup singers. Jared Leto's performance was the same way, but the whole time.

The others seemed pretty faithful to either the album or concert versions of the hits.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
If I"m reposting what someone has already posted, feel free to delete. Just by checking Youtube, it looks like FM did Little Lies, Gold Dust Woman, and Go Your Own Way, as well as The Chain with that Harry dude about whom I know exactly nothing. Then other people did Mac songs. I'll keep posting if we wan them all in one place.

Kevin

Fleetwood Mac played 5 songs. I think they also did Tusk.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-27-2018, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Musicares 2018 Person of the Year set list:

“Big Love,” Imagine Dragons
“Say You Love Me,” Brandi Carlisle
“I’m So Afraid,” Portugal.The Man
“Hold Me,” Juanes
“Songbird,” Alison Krauss w/ Jerry Douglas
“Gypsy,” Haim
“Second Hand News,” Keith Urban
“Silver Springs,” Lorde
“Everywhere,” OneRepublic
“Dreams,” Little Big Town
“Never Going Back Again,” Jared Leto
“Landslide,” Miley Cyrus
“Don’t Stop,” Zac Brown Band

“The Chain” Fleetwood Mac w/ Harry Styles
“Little Lies,” Fleetwood Mac
“Tusk,” Fleetwood Mac
“Gold Dust Woman,” Fleetwood Mac
“Go Your Own Way,” Fleetwood Mac

Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-27-2018, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hopefully they will air it on tv
Old 01-27-2018, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As I was just reading still and hadn’t yet viewed it, I couldn’t believe people would knock NGBA with a choir, since I’ve only ever known a choir to enhance songs, it could never be a negative. Well after viewing the video I understand why it was knocked. NGBA is the first song I’ve ever heard where there is zero reason to add a choir. It is a song That only works in complete simplicity. It doesn’t work when Lindsey turns this 2 minutes song ito a 5 and a half minute song with his pauses and note stretches, and it is no where near a deep or meaningful enough (I realize that could offend both stevie and Lindsey but it’s meant as a compliment to the song, really) to deserve a choir.

That said I have to give insane props to the band for really blowing it out of the park with their decision of set list for what they played themselves. They did all the songs they still play really and highlight all their individual skills (all really highlight the kick ass rythm section, Lindsey’s best guitar solos, Stevie’s best vocal song and best band playing together song.

In many ways I feel this would be an incredible dream scenerio concert that’s more realistic then what we normally come up with ourselves. The band should play an 18 song set (to maintain the really high quality throughout of these 5 songs, I’m so afraid and a few other big hits they still have a passion for and they can outsource their throwaway songs (second hand news) or songs stevie and Christine have not been shy about saying their sick of doing (landslide, songbird) to an opening act cover band to play 10 warm up songs that are “technically” just an extension of the main show and not an opening act!?

Does anyone agree with this? I don’t mind hearing this band play the songs their good at over and over, but if it gives them
A rest to save up from their better/rarer songs and let the cover band sing dreams and say love me.

And I realize some may not consider the songs I grouped as throwaways to be throwaways but I think most of us and th band kind of do?

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-27-2018, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
As I was just reading still and hadn’t yet viewed it, I couldn’t believe people would knock NGBA with a choir, since I’ve only ever known a choir to enhance songs, it could never be a negative. Well after viewing the video I understand why it was knocked. NGBA is the first song I’ve ever heard where there is zero reason to add a choir. It is a song That only works in complete simplicity. It doesn’t work when Lindsey turns this 2 minutes song ito a 5 and a half minute song with his pauses and note stretches, and it is no where near a deep or meaningful enough (I realize that could offend both stevie and Lindsey but it’s meant as a compliment to the song, really) to deserve a choir.

That said I have to give insane props to the band for really blowing it out of the park with their decision of set list for what they played themselves. They did all the songs they still play really and highlight all their individual skills (all really highlight the kick ass rythm section, Lindsey’s best guitar solos, Stevie’s best vocal song and best band playing together song.

In many ways I feel this would be an incredible dream scenerio concert that’s more realistic then what we normally come up with ourselves. The band should play an 18 song set (to maintain the really high quality throughout of these 5 songs, I’m so afraid and a few other big hits they still have a passion for and they can outsource their throwaway songs (second hand news) or songs stevie and Christine have not been shy about saying their sick of doing (landslide, songbird) to an opening act cover band to play 10 warm up songs that are “technically” just an extension of the main show and not an opening act!?

Does anyone agree with this? I don’t mind hearing this band play the songs their good at over and over, but if it gives them
A rest to save up from their better/rarer songs and let the cover band sing dreams and say love me.

And I realize some may not consider the songs I grouped as throwaways to be throwaways but I think most of us and th band kind of do?

Sorry, I'm not sure I totally follow you. Are you saying they should only play 18 of their biggest hits and farm a further 10 big hits out to an opening act to play covers? I might be up for this if among the 18 there were rarer/deeper cuts but if they are only going to play hits anyway they might as well do the full set.

It's some of their 'essentials' I'm a bit sick of (and Songbird wouldn't be one of them. I need that at the end).

PS, they are still pretty good at playing almost all of them, we've just got too used to hearing them. They should play 18 'essentials' and 10 adventurous ones.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-27-2018, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I also must take back what I always said about Fleetwood Mac not having a worthy super bowl set. Those 5 songs together are almost an exciting enough and Tight enough to be a Super Bowl set with some edits. Ironically my favorite of yh set probably wouldn’t work in the super bowl setting (GDW onviosuly) Stevie’s really consistent with her long windeness these days! It’s in her stories AND her songs. All her concert stand outs take 7 minutes of time to get the full effect (gdw, moonlight, full edge, silver springs) gypsy, dreams and Rhiannon make her look like such a weak link in the band.

Really only the abbreviated edge of 17 or a Tom Petty cover would be quick enough and highlight Stevie’s current voice. Or if they wanted to stick to only Fleetwood Mac then they could go the ending really emotional with Landslide, which I think works really well too but I’m just thinking like sensitive Stevie and could imagine her wanting equal rocking time during the super bowl or something crazy.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-27-2018, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Sorry, I'm not sure I totally follow you. Are you saying they should only play 18 of their biggest hits and farm a further 10 big hits out to an opening act to play covers? I might be up for this if among the 18 there were rarer/deeper cuts but if they are only going to play hits anyway they might as well do the full set.

It's some of their 'essentials' I'm a bit sick of (and Songbird wouldn't be one of them. I need that at the end).

PS, they are still pretty good at playing almost all of them, we've just got too used to hearing them. They should play 18 'essentials' and 10 adventurous ones.

well it’s just that I feel we consistently get the best out of these guys at the 16 to 19 song range as apprised to the mid 20s. The bands made it very clear(well the 3 writers at least) that they would like to play more variety and have even finally begun to take action on that promise in the recent solo/duo tours. And I fully believe that this upcoming FM tour will finally see them give
Is a truly exciting and updated set list of 26-28 songs, which is a
Big spike from previous years. with some hopeful time saving compromises ala stevie upping her song count by shortening Edge and scrapping the unnecessary Rhiannon piano solo, maybe we get rid of micks drum solo? Now I freaking love it when I’m there and agree that the bands namesake absolutely smdeserves to be highlighted, but I appreciate and notice Micks talents so much more within the context of a song vs a forced solo more then Any other drummer. His presence is so noticeable in making both gold dust woman and I’m so afraid better musically then their non Fleetwood Mac live versions (side note the same is not true with guitar playing on gold dust woman, sorry Lindsey!)

Sorry for all that rambling, I’m almost as bad as stevie. But the point of that all was even if I believe the band will do what they say and gives us a better song balance in their next tour, the only reason I still say the 10 song opening act cover band (and I realize it’s completley unrealistic to expect the imagine dragons to spend 3 months playing a few Fleetwood Mac covers as an opening act, the reality and logistics of this are impossible, but so was an all eras Fleetwood Mac concert or even show really.) would ever be preferable to just Fleetwood Mac doing 27 songs is for certain songs I’d enjoy a great cover to a sub par original (cough gypsy) and for other songs it has nothing to do with ability and just for the sake of th band. Christine uses any excuse in the book to not do songbird (ok your hand hurt but you can endure the pain for every other danm song! I use that same excuse at work when I’m sick. I can show up today and do this this this this and this that I do every day but not that one thing I REALLY hate doing.

She dislikes it so much she actively mocks audiences
How she’s not gonna do it and end the show with a much ballsier choice. not upset with her at all, love her choice, but still,
The fact remains she very ballsily is on record going out of her way to announce she would not be playing songbird tonight! Stevie would never be brave enough to call out that she won’t be playing Dreams tonight!

So again this weird opening cover band suggestion isn’t meant to be realistic just what would amount to a dream sceneiro concert quality and band enjoyment wise. For just me at least.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-27-2018, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
For both of you, politics aren't allowed here. Please don't politic here!

Last edited by Ledge Moderators; 01-28-2018 at 12:33 PM..
Old 01-27-2018, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a great honor for our band, Fleetwood Mac! So cool for all these contemporary artists to come out and sing their praises. BUT, LOL, it's apparent, at least to these ears, that no one does FM, like FM!!!!

Oh, and not to get political, but it was nice to know that FM subbed "Little Lies" in place of "Don't Stop" for Slick Willy!