User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantd1 View Post
9th row center is still really good. Much better than those crappy section 117 seats that kept coming up for the past 2 weeks. My husband and I are going to try at the box office Saturday morning when we get into Charlotte and see if we can get a little closer if they'll let us upgrade. If not, I'm perfectly happy with my current seats. Should be a blast!! Maybe we could get a group of Ledgies together for drinks before or after? I'm so excited
Keep calling Sticketbastard while you're driving to Charlotte. If anything pops up before you arrive, you can buy them over the phone and do will-call pickup at the box office.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Keep calling Sticketbastard while you're driving to Charlotte. If anything pops up before you arrive, you can buy them over the phone and do will-call pickup at the box office.
Will do.Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll let us exchange over the phone. Thanks Livia Either way I'm stoked to even be going after the Greensboro fiasco!!
Now trying to decide if I want to bring my purse in so I can smuggle in the digital camera. Been practicing that sports mode with no flash at home with my kids and I think I've got the hang of it now.

Well, I believe that love is a living thing
Born into our destinies
From a single moment of inspiration
And as it grows it changes your life forever
Old 04-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Yep, that's how I've done it in the past.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:42 AM
Ledgie

i just got an email today from ticketbastard letting me know that greensboro was cancelled (3 days after it was) and letting me know that that they will be issuing a refund for my 7th row ticket but keeping $3.90 processing fee. WTF? you think they sold 5000 tix to that venue? that would be less than 1/4 capacity. if so, that's almost $20,000 they made on a non-show
Old 04-21-2009, 01:47 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I haven't posted in a long time either. I had Row 7 Center Section, which my dad and husband bought for me for my birthday.
Happy Birthday and congrats on the 9th row Charlotte seat! sounds like a few of us scored today! have fun and see you there
Old 04-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten View Post
i just got an email today from ticketbastard letting me know that greensboro was cancelled (3 days after it was) and letting me know that that they will be issuing a refund for my 7th row ticket but keeping $3.90 processing fee. WTF? you think they sold 5000 tix to that venue? that would be less than 1/4 capacity. if so, that's almost $20,000 they made on a non-show
Well, even if the entire $3.90 isn't a "hard cost", labor was still expended for Ticketmaster's setup/management for this show. While I can understand why the consumer might be upset about it, I can understand Ticketmaster's side of it too.

Between non-refundable production-related fees and advertising costs, Live Nation probably lost upwards of $80-$90K as a result of this non-show. They would owe more- to FM- if they didn't already have the big "global" deal they've agreed to.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Well, even if the entire $3.90 isn't a "hard cost", labor was still expended for Ticketmaster's setup/management for this show. While I can understand why the consumer might be upset about it, I can understand Ticketmaster's side of it too.

Between non-refundable production-related fees and advertising costs, Live Nation probably lost upwards of $80-$90K as a result of this non-show. They would owe more- to FM- if they didn't already have the big "global" deal they've agreed to.
the $3.90 is no big deal, i'm way more upset about the cancellation (getting over it). but there is a principle involved here. people who spend money to support this band deserve consideration IMHO. i understand that there were expenses and i don't mean to be dumb but why would Live Nation owe FM money? i mean who called it off anyway? does the band get paid even if they don't play? if so, then why didn't they? they are already there in NC and people, their fans who buy their beach houses and fancy cars have spend hard earned money in a recession to see them for a couple hours. i just don't get it. is it really all about egos? and if they don't get paid if they don't play, and everyone loses money, then again, WHY didn't they play the freakin' show?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten View Post
and i don't mean to be dumb but why would Live Nation owe FM money? i mean who called it off anyway?
This question as to who makes the decision reminds me of an email exchange I had with I Love All Access. I asked them if I could just get my ticket a few minutes before the show, without having to get there 2 hours ahead of time and going through their little fan entertainment games. They wrote back:

Quote:
If you want to go to the trouble and expense of purchasing a package, then foregoing the amenities, you are certainly welcome to do so. Once you pick up your ticket package from the host, you can ask her the best way to get to your seat and go at your leisure.

Thank you for contacting us.
I told them that their "amenities" were a laugh and they couldn't prize them very highly, since they are the ones who canceled the pre-show party they originally offered fans.

They wrote back:
Quote:
Alas, the cancellation of your party was not an ILAA decision. It was a tour decision. Certainly, if you want to forego the amenities, as long as Cory knows that you are doing this, you can pick up your package from her and then go to your seat.

Keep us posted, please.
I didn't know what they meant regarding "tour decision." It seems that FM is not involved in any of the pre-show gatherings so I don't know why they would be the ones to cancel.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sucks that this show (or any show really) was cancelled, I feel bad for those who had tix to this show, esp. if it's the only one they were going to.