User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77 View Post
I'm so upset, just as everyone else is!!!!!!!! I hope we all can find good seats. I had front row seats too, had the hotel room, and my mom was going with me for Mother's Day. I'm really depressed. I've been looking for good tickets in Atlanta and Charlotte, since I found out on The Ledge, and so far, nothing good has come up.
I'm right there with ya.. I've been so down in the dumps since Friday. Nothing is coming up on ticketmaster except sections 116 and 117 and I've been checking all day today and yesterday. I've even been checking out the broker sites and they dont have that many floor seats. There's a few but they want $500-$600 each. So, Im starting to wonder if any good floor seats are going to drop for Charlotte at all? I guess we can keep our fingers crossed and keep trying.

Well, I believe that love is a living thing
Born into our destinies
From a single moment of inspiration
And as it grows it changes your life forever
Old 04-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantd1 View Post
I'm right there with ya.. I've been so down in the dumps since Friday. Nothing is coming up on ticketmaster except sections 116 and 117 and I've been checking all day today and yesterday. I've even been checking out the broker sites and they dont have that many floor seats. There's a few but they want $500-$600 each. So, Im starting to wonder if any good floor seats are going to drop for Charlotte at all? I guess we can keep our fingers crossed and keep trying.
You know, any time I've gotten good seats, I got them the day of. Wendy, for the Stevie show 3 years ago, we scored 3rd row seats that day. When I saw FM in Charlotte during SYW, I ended up 3rd row on the same day, too. So, keep those fingers crossed!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Ledgie

Hey Jannie
On the day of the show did you get them on ticketmaster or at the box office? I'm just wondering if we should just drive up there without the tickets. If we get lucky great, if not I guess we just take what we can get.

Born into our destinies
Old 04-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What really makes me upset is the fact that we could have purchased packages through All Access or looked for tickets elsewhere, if we had known sooner! They had to know this was coming much sooner than a week before. Now, the fans are paying the price. Many of us may not get to see them at all. I just can't believe this. I haven't missed a tour of Fleetwood Mac or solo---Lindsey and Stevie, since the early nineties. I saw John, Mick, Bekka, etc. on tour for God sake. I think we deserve better!

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 04-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77 View Post
What really makes me upset is the fact that we could have purchased packages through All Access or looked for tickets elsewhere, if we had known sooner! They had to know this was coming much sooner than a week before. Now, the fans are paying the price. Many of us may not get to see them at all. I just can't believe this. I haven't missed a tour of Fleetwood Mac or solo---Lindsey and Stevie, since the early nineties. I saw John, Mick, Bekka, etc. on tour for God sake. I think we deserve better!
I know... I feel the same way. ((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
It was so emotional pulling those front row seats and celebrate my victory over the scalpers. Then be let down so hard the next day. Knowing they had already probably decided to cancel way before I bought those seats and shelled out my $380. I haven't missed a tour in a while either. My first was Tango in Chapel Hill back in like 86 I think. I saw that Time tour too In fact thats the night my husband proposed to me

Hang in there girl... we'll get decent seats, I'm planning on checking up until the night before and then just driving up there and going to the box office when they open. Like someone earlier said, we dont need Lindsey's spit on us to have fun (even though I wouldnt absolutely hate that )

Born into our destinies
Old 04-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey Jannie
On the day of the show did you get them on ticketmaster or at the box office? I'm just wondering if we should just drive up there without the tickets. If we get lucky great, if not I guess we just take what we can get.
For the Stevie show, we got them online that day via ticketmaster. For FM, my husband and I just drove out there and got them from a scalper for face value.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know... I feel the same way. ((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
It was so emotional pulling those front row seats and celebrate my victory over the scalpers. Then be let down so hard the next day. Knowing they had already probably decided to cancel way before I bought those seats and shelled out my $380. I haven't missed a tour in a while either. My first was Tango in Chapel Hill back in like 86 I think. I saw that Time tour too In fact thats the night my husband proposed to me

Hang in there girl... we'll get decent seats, I'm planning on checking up until the night before and then just driving up there and going to the box office when they open. Like someone earlier said, we dont need Lindsey's spit on us to have fun (even though I wouldnt absolutely hate that )
We are like kindred spirits! You hang in there, too! I'll say a few prayers for us. The only problem is I can't wait until the day of, because I live four hours away. I'll have to hope for tickets soon. Anyway, good luck, and keep me posted. I'll keep you posted, if anything comes up.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 04-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crylove77 View Post
I haven't posted here in eons, but thought I'd give my 2cents on this. I was going to attend this show since I live in Greensboro, have all my life. I had not gotten tix yet, so I'll be going to Charlotte, which IMO, is a better venue anyway. I'm not at all surprised though, that this show was cancelled. Greensboro has become much too... "urban", to draw a good crowd anymore for this kind of act. I could just about guarantee you that 80% of the tickets bought for this show were from out of towners, not from people that live here. But I'll be at the Charlotte show with bells on and it'll give me a chance to have dinner with my aunt who lives there, so it's all good. I just hate it for anyone who was going to this show but can't go to Charlotte.
I haven't posted in a long time either. I had Row 7 Center Section, which my dad and husband bought for me for my birthday. I tried Charlotte not 15 min ago and pulled up a row 10, but I didn't know if my dad had gotten his refund yet. By the time I called him and went back on, it now says

Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

I just want to scream!!! Surely it is some kind of glitch.. I will try back later.
I hope you already got tix CryLove! I live in Greensboro too, let's get together sometime and have a Mac party!

Singer Stevie Nicks likens Fleetwood Mac to "a psychological encounter group times a million."
~ AZRepublic 7/03

What baby boomer, after all, doesn't harbor at least a slight fantasy of being onstage, still looking great, and spilling your guts to your long-lost first love as you two harmonize?
~WI State Journal 5/9/04

Old 04-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

3rd Row Charlotte seats have been popping up!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Ledgie

It was a glitch!!! I got IST FREAKING ROW SEC 2!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who will be near me???!!!! Whhooo-hooo!!!

Singer Stevie Nicks likens Fleetwood Mac to "a psychological encounter group times a million."
~ AZRepublic 7/03

What baby boomer, after all, doesn't harbor at least a slight fantasy of being onstage, still looking great, and spilling your guts to your long-lost first love as you two harmonize?
~WI State Journal 5/9/04

Old 04-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
It was a glitch!!! I got IST FREAKING ROW SEC 2!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who will be near me???!!!! Whhooo-hooo!!!
I've already got 6th row center but I just tried again and got Floor 2 row I. I almost bought them cause it looked like a 1 and I thought I had front row. Luckily I got myself together and figured it out before I bought a second set of tickets. Did you get Floor 2 row A Dreams? Thats awesome!!!

Born into our destinies
Old 04-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Ledgie

No. I thought I did, like you. I guess I was just too freaked out. Oh well. Thanks for pointing it out to me! D'oh! Well row 9 is still good. I'm happy

~ AZRepublic 7/03

~WI State Journal 5/9/04

Old 04-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
No. I thought I did, like you. I guess I was just too freaked out. Oh well. Thanks for pointing it out to me! D'oh! Well row 9 is still good. I'm happy
9th row center is still really good. Much better than those crappy section 117 seats that kept coming up for the past 2 weeks. My husband and I are going to try at the box office Saturday morning when we get into Charlotte and see if we can get a little closer if they'll let us upgrade. If not, I'm perfectly happy with my current seats. Should be a blast!! Maybe we could get a group of Ledgies together for drinks before or after? I'm so excited

Born into our destinies

Last edited by Livia; 04-20-2009 at 06:15 PM..
Old 04-20-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
The show was "scheduled" to be profitable, and when it wasn't, it created a conflict
hahahaha... I was thinking the same thing...
Old 04-20-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You're priceless.

That "conflict" statement is more insulting to their fans than the truth is. I wouldn't use that as an excuse, after people got their hopes up, made plans to go, saved money. To be told a scheduling conflict got in the way is a slap in the face. I'd rather hear that they couldn't afford to do it, even though they wanted to.

Michele
Let me try Michele... (I'm well versed in FMACSPEAK)

This whole cancellation was an organic process of 4 people coming together with large individual fees,and we're here to show that..... we just refuse to play unless it's covered!!! (crowd cheers!!!!!!)