User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Ummm...the title of the thread is "First Impressions". You want that kind of "in-depth response", it ain't comin' from just a "first impression".
Oh, so nothing just jumped out at you, then. You didn't hit your head and say, "that's a note by note copy of ISA."

Good to know.

I remember when I heard his Soundstage, I recognized part of ISA in his extended Murrow solo immediately and then he confirmed it and said, "I'm stealing from myself." So, I'm glad to know that nothing jumped out at you as a complete rip off like that, especially not the One Take guitar.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-08-2011 at 10:48 PM..
Old 09-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, so nothing just jumped out at you, then. You didn't hit your head and say, "that's a note by note copy of ISA."

Good to know.

I remember when I heard his Soundstage, I recognized part of ISA in his extended Murrow solo immediately and then he confirmed it and said, "I'm stealing from myself." So, I'm glad to know that nothing jumped out at you as a complete rip off like that, especially not the One Take guitar.

Michele
Actually, in places of almost EVERY song something sounded like something else...but, I just couldn't place it right away.

I DO remember these song titles popping in my head as I was listening:

This Is The Time
You Do Or You Don't
Bel Air Rain
Red Rover
Under The Skin
Castaway Dreams
Show You How
Down On Rodeo

To me Lindsey's music is like Mexican food...no matter the dish, they all seem to have the same ingredients. Tortilla, shredded cheese, meat, shredded lettuce, salsa.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This Is The Time
You Do Or You Don't
Bel Air Rain
Red Rover
Under The Skin
Castaway Dreams
Show You How
Down On Rodeo
Oooh, so those are all newish, fresh songs. I'm very glad to hear that the old stuff wasn't coming to mind for you. No forty year old Stephanie.

Michele
Old 09-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, in places of almost EVERY song something sounded like something else...but, I just couldn't place it right away.

This Is The Time
You Do Or You Don't
Bel Air Rain
Red Rover
Under The Skin
Castaway Dreams
Show You How
Down On Rodeo

To me Lindsey's music is like Mexican food...no matter the dish, they all seem to have the same ingredients. Tortilla, shredded cheese, meat, shredded lettuce, salsa.
Let's see if I can work it out. I'm not sure I agree but I want to play.

This Is The Time - One Take
You Do Or You Don't - Gone Too Far (actually I really hear this)
Bel Air Rain - erm... Rock Away Blind? Maybe not, other than they're both fingerpickin' goodness.
Red Rover - Stars Are Crazy
Under The Skin - ?
Castaway Dreams - ?
Show You How - ?
Down On Rodeo - ?

I don't know about the last ones. What I will say is that WSCD does have elements of the acoustic version of Trouble. And of Underground.

I actually really like the songwriting on this album. My only real gripe with the production. I actually think most of the problems came in at the mastering stage because it's so loud on the chorus of WSCD that it distorts in the right channel.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've already said I agree with Gone Too Far = You Do Or You Don't (love both though).

I'm gonna guess WSCD = Cast Away Dreams. And maybe UTS = Seeds We Sow?
Old 09-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangdrum View Post
I've already said I agree with Gone Too Far = You Do Or You Don't (love both though).

I'm gonna guess WSCD = Cast Away Dreams. And maybe UTS = Seeds We Sow?
I'm making a new thread for determining the sources for the SWS songs.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Most definitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangdrum View Post
I started singing You Do or You Don't while Gone Too Far played the other day. Heh. I love both songs too, so I'm cool with it. Lindsey using similar sounds/guitar parts is nothing new.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

I just spent about FORTY FIVE MINUTES describing my 1st impressions of the new LB album, only to click "POST" and watch my work disappear because the stupid Ledge system logged me out! Other boards have some way to let you reload what you were working on, but for some reason I can't get any of my typing back. What a POS!!!

I can't recreate all my wonderful impressions of this new album. Maybe when I'm not so p!ssed off, I will be able to do it, but for now all I can say is give the dang thing at least 3 LISTENS, and it will reveal itself a MASTERPIECE! Hasn't toppled OoTC for me yet, but it is certainly number TWO at the moment. Great job Lindsey! You have not lost ANY of your MOJO!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wow, best album since Out Of The Cradle. I'm stoked. Just listened to it once, of course. But my happiness at this point generally means it'll just grow on me more.

One of the bad reviews on itunes called it "underproduced." That just makes me laugh really hard.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Junior Ledgie

Best since Out of the Cradle. Just grateful he is putting his music out.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd World Man View Post
I just spent about FORTY FIVE MINUTES describing my 1st impressions of the new LB album, only to click "POST" and watch my work disappear because the stupid Ledge system logged me out! Other boards have some way to let you reload what you were working on, but for some reason I can't get any of my typing back. What a POS!!!
Hit the back button on your browser and your work will still be there.

Michele
Old 09-10-2011, 03:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've only listened twice so far, but I absolutely LOVE it. Stars Are Crazy is my favorite track so far...but there's not a dud on it to my ears...
Old 09-10-2011, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When The Way Love Goes starts, I almost want to sing, "Id like to teach the world to sing (in perfect harmony . . .)" instead of "I'd like to take your pain away." It's something about the chanty rhythm of Lindsey's song's open that brings that other to mind.

Michele
Old 09-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Something remarkable just happened....after listening to this album on and off for a couple days......and getting over the fanboy stuff. I was just listening to this album, and around Stars are Crazy, I said.....I've had it. off the record went. I realize with each listen, I'm slowly cooling to it. Maybe I'll try again in a few days. We'll see. I was just shocked that that happened

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 09-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
Something remarkable just happened....after listening to this album on and off for a couple days......and getting over the fanboy stuff. I was just listening to this album, and around Stars are Crazy, I said.....I've had it. off the record went. I realize with each listen, I'm slowly cooling to it. Maybe I'll try again in a few days. We'll see. I was just shocked that that happened
Mick, it's not about the whole album, it's Stars are crazy. i feel bad when that songs comes on too, but i just skip it and everything is ok in the world again!