Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-21-2004, 07:56 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>Thanks for taking the time to do this. I expect it was a labour of love. It makes you realise how with one or two decisions being made differently the whole history of popular music could have been changed.
Gail>>

It was definitely a labour of love. These two have been overlooked for too long. :-)

And you're absolutely right about how things could've been so different if Chris had made different choices. I think the whole thing snowballed on her LOL. It's like a week turned into year turned into a decade etc. Stevie always says she *wanted* to be a star etc...Chris never really wanted that. And even now that the poor woman has 'retired' after a lifetime of service to FMac, people are still pissed that she left the band! sigh.

-Lis
Old 07-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lis,
I see that you put up another 6 pictures from that Benifolds video. Thanks!!!
I also see the picture of John Perfect from the Tango tourbook. In the BTM tourbook photo, he looks alot younger & doesn't have glasses. But, his wife looks exactly the same. He's still very handsome either way.

I'm looking forward to seeing that recent 1997 photo, too. Thanks, again!!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>Lis,
I see that you put up another 6 pictures from that Benifolds video. Thanks!!!
I also see the picture of John Perfect from the Tango tourbook. In the BTM tourbook photo, he looks alot younger & doesn't have glasses. But, his wife looks exactly the same. He's still very handsome either way.
I'm looking forward to seeing that recent 1997 photo, too. Thanks, again!!>>>
Yeah, I took a bunch more, and Marty and I found the 6 best last night and added them. I love those shots, i really do. And it's amazing how he can 'clean them up' w/ Photoshop.

I found and scanned the newer John Perfect photo- but as always I have to wait for Marty to help me put it on the site. I am just helpless w/ this darn computer, it's a shame. I told him if i knew how to make collages like he made w/ those 12 old FM pics, i would never leave the house LOL, I'd just make collages of stuff taken from FM video footage. Sad, I know. :-P

-Lis
Old 07-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wonderful job! Thanks a million!

Paula
Old 07-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lisa ~

Fabulous work and a wonderful read ~ you are a great writer! I'm so glad you and Ben are OK from your car accident, too ~ when Marty told me about it, I was so upset for you all. Thank goodness you are both OK. Take good care and thanks again for all of your hard work!
Old 07-21-2004, 09:43 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Claudia, thanks so much. Benjamin and I were really very lucky that day; we could easily have been snuffed right out, it all happened so fast.

Then the world would have had to live without Part Two of the McVie story LOL.

Actually one funny thing-- I was kind of in shock and wasn't really thinking straight, but before they towed away my totaled car, I made sure I took out all my FM CD's, and popped "In the Meantime" out of the CD player! :-P

Glad you enjoyed reading about J/C :-)

-Lis
Old 07-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Actually one funny thing-- I was kind of in shock and wasn't really thinking straight, but before they towed away my totaled car, I made sure I took out all my FM CD's, and popped "In the Meantime" out of the CD player! :-P
Smart girl, lol, I would have done the same thing! Now you can enjoy all of those great tunes in your new car...did you get a really cool stereo in your new car too? That's a must have!

Love ~
Claudia
Old 07-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>Smart girl, lol, I would have done the same thing! Now you can enjoy all of those great tunes in your new car...did you get a really cool stereo in your new car too? That's a must have!
Love ~Claudia>>

Yeah, I actually got the car Marty used to drive, which has a *great* sound system. I know he misses that LOL-- even though he has the new car, the stereo isn't as good.

Also i forgot to let everyone know that I added the newer pic of John Perfect last night, in case anyone wanted to check it out.

-Lis
Old 07-22-2004, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Just finished part 2. Excellent! My favorite weird thing was about her psychic mom saying look in an orange grove, and lindsey and stevie living on orange grove! wooooooo! I can't wait for the next part, to see how you're gonna structure the story with the inclusion of Stevie and Linds. Great job!
Amber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice work! I'm really enjoying this.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Just finished part 2. Excellent! My favorite weird thing was about her psychic mom saying look in an orange grove, and lindsey and stevie living on orange grove! wooooooo! I can't wait for the next part, to see how you're gonna structure the story with the inclusion of Stevie and Linds. Great job!
Amber
Yeah, I love that part too! I sort of gives me the chills.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia
Yeah, I love that part too! I sort of gives me the chills.
Yeah, I hope she told everyone in the band that story. You would think she would've. But then you'd also think that if she did, somewhere, somehow, Stevie "Destiny Rules" would've repeated it in an interview somewhere, right? I mean, it's not even me and it's so cool and weird that I want to tell people i know about it!
Amber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>>Yeah, I hope she told everyone in the band that story. You would think she would've. But then you'd also think that if she did, somewhere, somehow, Stevie "Destiny Rules" would've repeated it in an interview somewhere, right? I mean, it's not even me and it's so cool and weird that I want to tell people i know about it! >>>

I think the other FM people all know. She definitely told Stevie, because Stevie is the one who brought it up in the two interviews where I got that info from! One was just stevie alone, around 1994 maybe?? (I'm not a huge S fan and don't know for sure w/ the dates!) and she mentioned the thing about C's mother.

The other clip was from a Miami (I think) group radio interview, from around 'greatest hits' album release, w/ rick and billy there- and the dj asked if there was any symbolism in to orange tree leaves since that was on the cover. Stevie had some reference to herself (which i can't recall.....) John said he's been to Orange County LOL, C didn't really say anything until Stevie reminded her, "What was like the last thing your mother told you before she died?" Chris said, "I dunno, I know it was *something*...."
:-) LOL Too funny, these people crack me up. Stevie then reminded her of the 'you'll find it on Orange Grove' and then C remembered and said yes, they found S and L on Orange Grove.

I love that story. I guess since S is more into the mystical stuff, maybe that's why she brings it up? I've never actually heard J or C bring that up themselves.

Also....I hate to burst anyone's bubble :-) but I doubt that Part three will have too much dirt on S/L. I think this will be the one hardest part to write; so far I have mainly lots of nice stuff J/C have said about each other both during the split and in the years after, how they worked thru all that etc. I don't really want to go in detailed info on *all* the splits...

To be honest i don't really even want to delve much into J's marriage to Julie ( I think things may not be so good in that department anyway- he hasn't worn his wedding ring in months).... i don't want to dwell on Chris w/ Dennis (although lately she has talked quite a bit about him) or Eddy (if you can't say anything nice...)

aargh part three may take awhile. I'm frustrated just thinking about it. I'd love to end it w/ them hooking back up but I guess that's not likely LOL. Although w/ this band... anything is possible... :-)

-Lis
Old 07-22-2004, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
>>>Yeah, I hope she told everyone in the band that story. You would think she would've. But then you'd also think that if she did, somewhere, somehow, Stevie "Destiny Rules" would've repeated it in an interview somewhere, right? I mean, it's not even me and it's so cool and weird that I want to tell people i know about it! >>>

I think the other FM people all know. She definitely told Stevie, because Stevie is the one who brought it up in the two interviews where I got that info from! One was just stevie alone, around 1994 maybe?? (I'm not a huge S fan and don't know for sure w/ the dates!) and she mentioned the thing about C's mother.

The other clip was from a Miami (I think) group radio interview, from around 'greatest hits' album release, w/ rick and billy there- and the dj asked if there was any symbolism in to orange tree leaves since that was on the cover. Stevie had some reference to herself (which i can't recall.....) John said he's been to Orange County LOL, C didn't really say anything until Stevie reminded her, "What was like the last thing your mother told you before she died?" Chris said, "I dunno, I know it was *something*...."
:-) LOL Too funny, these people crack me up. Stevie then reminded her of the 'you'll find it on Orange Grove' and then C remembered and said yes, they found S and L on Orange Grove.

I love that story. I guess since S is more into the mystical stuff, maybe that's why she brings it up? I've never actually heard J or C bring that up themselves.

Also....I hate to burst anyone's bubble :-) but I doubt that Part three will have too much dirt on S/L. I think this will be the one hardest part to write; so far I have mainly lots of nice stuff J/C have said about each other both during the split and in the years after, how they worked thru all that etc. I don't really want to go in detailed info on *all* the splits...

To be honest i don't really even want to delve much into J's marriage to Julie ( I think things may not be so good in that department anyway- he hasn't worn his wedding ring in months).... i don't want to dwell on Chris w/ Dennis (although lately she has talked quite a bit about him) or Eddy (if you can't say anything nice...)

aargh part three may take awhile. I'm frustrated just thinking about it. I'd love to end it w/ them hooking back up but I guess that's not likely LOL. Although w/ this band... anything is possible... :-)

-Lis
OH, you won't burst my bubble. I didn't think you'd be writing much about L& S, especially not about the relationship. I was thinking that it would be difficult to chronicle J&C during the L&S period, cause obviously there is a whole new dynamic in the band, as well as a whole new level of fame. I was just thinking it would be difficult, and looking forward to seeing how you were gonna do it!
So it was Stevie that "publicised" the orange grove thing. Boy, I nailed that one, eh ? I was like, no way would Stevie not have mentioned that!
As far as dealing with all the other people J&C were dating, well...I dunno, I'd probably only do the ones where they were still married and simultaneously dating someone else. "the affairs", if you will But I just thought you were writing the J&C story while they were together, i didn't realize you were writing the WHOLE J&C story!! Wow!!!
Anyway, can you finish the next installment by tomorrow? I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN!!!
Amber

Old 07-22-2004, 05:41 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>> I was thinking that it would be difficult to chronicle J&C during the L&S period, cause obviously there is a whole new dynamic in the band, as well as a whole new level of fame. I was just thinking it would be difficult, and looking forward to seeing how you were gonna do it! >>

I have no %&$# idea!! :-P

>>I'd probably only do the ones where they were still married and simultaneously dating someone else. "the affairs", if you will >>

FWIW John may have had his issues but he seemed to be a faithful husband. Who knows what (if anything) went on w/ Chris and Martin Birch....but the fact that he seemed willing to let it go IMO speaks volumes; he obviously loved her very much. I don't think he ever had any affairs; he hardly wanted to date after she left him, he was a depressed shell of a man. Honestly even after she took up w/ Curry, if she'd suddenly decided to give her marriage another shot, I think he would've taken her back then also. Didn't Mick say how John is a man who likes 2 ladies in his life- but always makes sure one of them is a boat.
:-)

>>But I just thought you were writing the J&C story while they were together, i didn't realize you were writing the WHOLE J&C story!! Wow!!! >>

yeah I may as well get it all out there!! They really were very good friends for years; it makese me so sad that C recently said they don't really keep in touch now. maybe reading all this will prompt one of them to pick up the freaking phone. There are so many great photos and video clips of such sweet interaction between them in the late 70's...they had something that L/S just didn't have at that time. In lots of the backstage japan footage/ Mick's 'basement tapes'/Tusk photoshoot footage--they were still in love and it showed. I have lots of digital photos to take of this stuff LOL. (Perhaps S/L were also still in love but they certainly IMO had very little affectionate/positive interaction.)

>>Anyway, can you finish the next installment by tomorrow? I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN!!! Amber>>

You are too sweet. Thank you so much. To be honest, I love to read it myself. I like that I am helping FMac fans to see that these two ALSO had something wonderful that was lost. Hate to always see them overlooked.

Enough rambling...:-)
-Lis