Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
$795.00 for a VIP package???
For that price you should be able to get a private lap dance with the Mac member of your choice.
I agree with you there! We know who would be our lap dance choice! Too insane these prices. $995. for the MSG five star. I am so not happy about all of this and the timing right before Christmas. Ugh!

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 12-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmar71 View Post
I agree with you there! We know who would be our lap dance choice! Too insane these prices. $995. for the MSG five star. I am so not happy about all of this and the timing right before Christmas. Ugh!
They haven't posted the mohegan sun show vip prices yet i am sure it will be slightly higher than MSG or about the same. Seriously for that price they all would have to lap dance and make dinner and serve us drinks and pamper us i tell ya and we want top of the line service...lol I also looked at the eagles and its the same vip prices as FM for the same exact packages. It's in sane
Old 12-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandbackStevie View Post
They haven't posted the mohegan sun show vip prices yet i am sure it will be slightly higher than MSG or about the same. Seriously for that price they all would have to lap dance and make dinner and serve us drinks and pamper us i tell ya and we want top of the line service...lol I also looked at the eagles and its the same vip prices as FM for the same exact packages. It's in sane
Sadly, Fleetwood Mac have turned into The Eagles.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Well I guess I can't argue with you on that. Although I do think the 2004 version was decent. I had someone tell me online many years ago that the 82 and Tusk versions were essentially the same (same arrangement, etc). I couldn't help but completely disagree with that. The 79-80 versions were fantastic but something bad happened to Sara in two short years. The Mirage Tour versions stunk. And yes, the solo versions of Sara were even worse (although I would have to say I hate the solo Gypsy's from I think 1983 even more).
Agree on Gypsy. Though I think she pulled it off on the Mirage tour after a very shacky start to the song.

Maybe if she did it with just a piano?
Old 12-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

MSG-4/1--
Seems to be a thing of the past.
I hit the link on ticketmaster, and I got the message "this event is no longer in our database."
Then I refreshed the list of all FM concerts, and 4/1 disappeared.

I guess it was early April Fool's after all. Or someone looked at the last attendance records.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
Sadly, Fleetwood Mac have turned into The Eagles.
At least The Eagles had something to tour behind to charge those outrageous prices--a new double album! Fleetwood Mac is charging top dollar for rehash.

-They must have all taken a loss in the stock market and are hoping WE didn't. They need to rewatch their own DVD about why their fans wouldn't buy a "double album." Stevie explained it well, as I remember. They must have forgotten if we couldn't afford a lousy $30.00 double CD (that lasts forever), we might not be able to cover a $900 ticket for 2 hours of entertainment.

-It wouldn't seem SO outrageous if they had at least worked together and made an album. Do SOMETHING to earn the extra cash flow. You want the big bucks just because your name is "Fleetwood Mac?" Get a grip. Fame and fortune came a little too fast in the mid 70's. Most people work a lifetime for what this band wasted in a year, in a month, in a day!

-Stevie was just out on the road in June/July and Lindsey in October. Why would anyone want to pay $900 to see the same two people 'up close and personal' after seeing them less than a year ago? So we can hear Landslide, Dreams and Standback with the FM rhythm section? Seats to Lindsey's FRONT ROW seats were $50-$60 in some veneues, and he totally vamped up his set list and performed off the cuff, taking audience requests at times. Why so much for Stevie and Lindsey together? (Perhaps the extra $800 is for Mick & John. MUST BE! What kind of overhead do those two guys have, anyway???)

-My ticket buying is going to depend on the first show. After I hear what the set list is, I'll decide whether this edition of Fleetwood Mac is worth my money.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good luck to all going after tickets in the pre-sale!
Old 12-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

section 100, row N, seats 9-12 at the Verizon Center in DC !!!!
Not a bad spot in my opinon. Up a little from the floor, on Stevie's side, and get to see the screens.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post

I don't get it either. Springsteen played Rochester and Buffalo this year so maybe a Buffalo date will get added later but I doubt it. Springsteen can draw more fans than the Mac at this point and could get away with the two shows. Stevie I believe played in Buffalo in 1983. I believe the Mac has missed Buffalo a few times since '77 - they played Tusk here in 1980, and if I'm not mistaken, didn't come back until The Dance (and then of course for Say You Will). The Mirage Tour didn't come this way and I'm fairly certain the Rick and Billy years didn't come here either. Maybe during the Time era they got here somewhere but I can't recall.

I'm definitley annoyed about no Buffalo show. When they played in '97 they were the fastest selling event in the Arena's history (okay, so it was barely open a year at that point but still....) and I believe they had a sell out here in '03. Oh well, I am planning on show #1 in Pittsburgh instead.

Edit - can't be because of hockey. I've been to concerts at the arena in March (in fact I saw Springsteen there last March). Must be a stupid promoter leaving B-lo off the MacMap.

Stevie played solo in Buffalo for WH, RAL & TOSOTM tours - nothing since. Mac played here for every tour from White Album through Tusk. I don't believe they came for Mirage, but that was such a short tour they seem to have missed a lot of major cities. Nothing for TITN, but for Time they did play Darien Lake. Obviously The Dance was HUGE here (you're right, it was a fast sellout - less than an hour if I recall.) No way was SYW a sellout though. It was pretty full, but not sold out.

Buffalo's a pretty small market, so I think they figure they'll cover us with Rochester & Toronto. Still, we're bigger (and better ) than Rochester, so it does seem odd. Maybe it's cheaper to play BLue Cross arena? is that possible? I don't know much about this type of thing. Plus, I never understood why all the big names ALWAYS play Cleveland & Pittsburgh but not here, since we're all pretty similar demographically.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Most HONEST statement EVER...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Do SOMETHING to earn the extra cash flow. You want the big bucks just because your name is "Fleetwood Mac?" Get a grip. Fame and fortune came a little too fast in the mid 70's. Most people work a lifetime for what this band wasted in a year, in a month, in a day!
posted on the Ledge in regards to Fleetwood Mac.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 12-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
(Perhaps the extra $800 is for Mick & John. MUST BE! What kind of overhead do those two guys have, anyway???)
"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers. But what's the real cost, 'cuz the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper? Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when ya got 'em made by little slave kids? What are your overheads?!" - Think About It by Flight of the Conchords

Sorry I got totally off-topic, but your overhead quote cracked me up.

I ain't paying that kind of money to see FM OR meet them, which I have already met LB for free so.....yeah. No.

I'll probably wait until the day before or something to get a ticket to this, IF I even go at all.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I could maybe see the $795 price tag if you were guaranteed a seat in the first 3 rows and if it included a meet and greet. Like, maybe they attended the pre-show dinner and drink party. As it stands? No thanks. I'll play the TM game and at least know where I'm sitting when I shell out my money instead of waiting to be surprised when I show up.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool A few years back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchristo View Post
I guess I could maybe see the $795 price tag if you were guaranteed a seat in the first 3 rows and if it included a meet and greet. Like, maybe they attended the pre-show dinner and drink party. As it stands? No thanks.
Dream Theater did a tour package (Which they still do each and every tour and the price NEVER jumps above $200 per ticket) which I thought the best example of HOW a band shows their respect to their fans and their fans hard-earned $$$'s:

For about $175 a fan was guaranteed a ticket within the first 3 rows of their specific show, a limited edition holigraphic autographed ticket-stub, a limited edition lanyard to hold the ticket stub, a limited edition compact disc of unreleased material, a pre-show tour of the backstage area, a pre-show dinner with the COMPLETE band (Not the crew members but the band members themselves), attendance to the combination pre-show soundcheck & Q&A where fans could ask any question they wanted to have answered, and finally a 'One-on-one meet and greet' with the COMPLETE band and photo's/autographs with EACH band member INDIVIDUALLY.

Think FM would be capable of doing the same for around $200? If ya do I have some land on the Louisiana coastline that has NEVER been damaged by ANY hurricane I would like to sell to you!!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 12-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
I'll probably wait until the day before or something to get a ticket to this, IF I even go at all.
Good idea.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a bad sign for the tour. If the diehard fans here are showing restraint, how full are these big arenas going to be?

I didn't buy anything pre-sale because I didn't see anything worthy of the cost. I do plan to see two or three shows, but I'll be waiting to see what comes up and although I'd LOVE to go for a five- or four-star package, at those prices there's just no way. Gotta keep my place to live in these 20-degree temperatures.