The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-28-2003, 11:30 AM

Thumbs up Which stations will play 'Peacekeeper'?

AAA, AC, HOT AC, ROCK, ALTERNATIVE, maybe even POP

I think we must do some heavy duty requesting once March 10th comes

Go to this site www.radioandrecords.com and under each of those genres are a list of stations, if they have an e mail address it MUST be e mailed and Peacekeeper must be requested!!

I am sick to the back teeth of the same rap and hip hop artists dominating the top 10 of billboard, YAWN YAWN YAWN
Old 02-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Which stations will play 'Peacekeeper'?

Quote:
Originally posted by iamstevienicks

I am sick to the back teeth of the same rap and hip hop artists dominating the top 10 of billboard, YAWN YAWN YAWN
And I thought you liked that kind of music?
And I agree with you. I'm fed up with it as well.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I learned when I was like.. 4 years old.. that annoying the **** out of someone is NOT the way to go about getting what you want.

There's always this huge.. "plan".. that like, when the record is released, everybody here on the ledge is just gonna e-mail the hell out of the radio stations and make a big change!! we're gonna hear it on the RADIO!!

wrong. it didn't work for the dance- the record was good enough to get on the air on its own. wrong. it didn't work for TISL- the singles were decent enough to enjoy some pretty good success on select stations on its own.

I'm all about being optimistic, because being negative sucks eggs and it's hard to deal with, but I simply cannot believe that Fleetwood Mac fans armed with e-mails will change the face of the media in ANY way; be it MTV, Radio, or whatever-the-hell-else we complain about. EVEN if change is needed. And you're absolutely right- it is!

I'm going to buy the cd, so I can listen to every song I want over and over until I turn blue (if that is my desire). I don't need to hear it on the radio.. the dj will just talk on top of the intro and fade out the ending anyway. And yup.. occasionally they do diss the song. I, for one, am not going to check the Ledge boards the day someone hears a DJ talk a little smack about the band. I will be bunkered away in some fall out shelter, and I will emerge at the end of WWIII on the Internet. Yes, I'd like FM to be successful.. but 30 yrs, they've come this far.. I think they can handle this on their own.

Yes, I will request the songs from stations who will play it. But I'm not even going to waste my cell phone minutes on the "mainstream" radio. Let the 12 year olds have their station.

Sarah
Old 02-28-2003, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Emailing works ok...but a problem during TISL that came up was people would forward the same email to stations all over the country, and one radio station even told someone that TURNS THEM OFF from playing the song, when people flood them...they said requesting is one thing, but emailing stations you have never listened to and.or are not in the state in which you live, is not good...i agree

Calling seems to w ork better...but email them...also compliment their station and other songs

Chris