Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-28-2017, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I agree. When I heard Stevie singing on the Buddy Holly special, I was impressed! She still has the power!
Her voice is in fine shape. In fact I would go as far to say that her instrument is in the best condition of the three singers.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
So he doesn't like the big rock star machine yet he helped to create it? Ya gotta dance with the one that brung ya.

There's a few folks that love the money of da big machine. I have been wondering if that's why Mick (and maybe John) didn't go along on the tour for the album that they performed on. Not enough greenery? Not wanting to associate with smaller venues? If Mick and John came along, what difference would it have made? Would the venues be full? Mick has been using a back up drummer for years. Now I read that Lindsey and Christine aren't always performing live either. Are we seeing the end?
Old 06-28-2017, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ I find I am in agreement with everything you have written.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

There's a few folks that love the money of da big machine. I have been wondering if that's why Mick (and maybe John) didn't go along on the tour for the album that they performed on. Not enough greenery? Not wanting to associate with smaller venues? If Mick and John came along, what difference would it have made? Would the venues be full? Mick has been using a back up drummer for years. Now I read that Lindsey and Christine aren't always performing live either. Are we seeing the end?
Mick performs in his own restaurant so I have no doubt he loves to play. I don't know if the money was a motivation for not going on this tour. John would rather be off sailing permanently I think. But he also can walk away from a pile of money.
As far as some of the players not playing? I don't know if I'm surprised by that? At their age I would say they could use a little help, who couldn't? They're not full on faking just getting embellishment. The heart might want to play on but the body will only cooperate for so long. I'll take what I can get at this point. It's a miracle they're still breathing after the way they lived their lives in the past.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 06-28-2017 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-28-2017, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It's a miracle they're still breathing after the way they lived their lives in the past.
And that should be the quote of the day. I will see the members of this band in any form they come out. Fleetwood Mac or solo. I don't begrudge Stevie for not falling into step with the band if that was her choice at this time. I don't begrudge Lindsey and Christine for doing their own album. They are all lucky to still have their minds (think of what Peter Green has been through) and lives.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Danielle, thanks so much for posting the Stevie/Lana Del Rey interview - it was really fun to read
Old 06-28-2017, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^^EXACTLY. Ken speaks of Richard further down:

There was no responsibility for anybody to take care of anybody else, but they are rich and some of the people like Judy Wong … she was found in her apartment after being dead for a week. Judy did everything for Christine McVie and the band, and for her not to be given whatever she needed … she died toothless. I don’t know. I have a lot of weird feelings about this. I look at Neil Young and Paul McCartney. They still use their same engineers, producers, photographers and people that started with them because they know them well. It’s kind of like a big happy family.

I can’t get Fleetwood Mac tickets. I can’t get through to get tickets. It’s just the weirdest thing. They’re all so self centered and egotistical that they don’t think about anyone. Richard Dashut the sound engineer, is a miserable guy. He was in an auto accident. He told me that he gave everything away … Grammys, gold records, everything. He said, “You know, for years they cried on my shoulder, and every one of them would talk to me. I was their shrink. Now, Lindsey Buckingham has three kids, and he hasn’t called me once to tell me about them.”
Richard was asked about this point blank on his original blog and he said it is NOT true, and then within a short time posted a photo of himself with all his gold records and grammys to prove it. For some reason he later felt embarrassed about having posted it, but I thought, 'why the hell not?' I mean geez he EARNED all of that, he contributed to all of that, why not be proud of it? If Lindsey wants to rewrite history and try and make out that it was all his own genius on all those albums that just speak to *his* issues.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Richard was asked about this point blank on his original blog and he said it is NOT true, and then within a short time posted a photo of himself with all his gold records and grammys to prove it. For some reason he later felt embarrassed about having posted it, but I thought, 'why the hell not?' I mean geez he EARNED all of that, he contributed to all of that, why not be proud of it? If Lindsey wants to rewrite history and try and make out that it was all his own genius on all those albums that just speak to *his* issues.
Okay, we have an axe here! Thank you for speaking up.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
Stevie's conversation with LDR was entirely entertaining to me. Yes, she talked about her voice, and her craft, but isn't that the whole point?
Yeah, you're totally right. Whenever a magazine has a celebrity interview another celebrity, they want the interview to reveal something about both people. Otherwise, the magazine would just have a reporter do the interview. In this case, we really got two interviews for the price of one, so to speak. Out magazine had a great article where Andrew Rannels interviewed Matt Bomer, and it was incredibly entertaining and insightful. By having Stevie interview Lana, Stevie fans learn about someone they may never have been personally exposed to, and vice versa with Lana fans.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^^EXACTLY. Ken speaks of Richard further down:

There was no responsibility for anybody to take care of anybody else, but they are rich and some of the people like Judy Wong … she was found in her apartment after being dead for a week. Judy did everything for Christine McVie and the band, and for her not to be given whatever she needed … she died toothless. I don’t know. I have a lot of weird feelings about this. I look at Neil Young and Paul McCartney. They still use their same engineers, producers, photographers and people that started with them because they know them well. It’s kind of like a big happy family.”
The Judy Wong thing has always bothered me too. I've always thought a little less of Fleetwood Mac when I found out how she died. Chump change from them could of saved her life. They're soo self obsessed.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
The Judy Wong thing has always bothered me too. I've always thought a little less of Fleetwood Mac when I found out how she died. Chump change from them could of saved her life. They're soo self obsessed.
Yes. The entire band has wasted so much money and time. The fact that they are so desperate just this past year to get an album out does not make me particularly sympathetic to any of them.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes. The entire band has wasted so much money and time. The fact that they are so desperate just this past year to get an album out does not make me particularly sympathetic to any of them.
They are blessed people. I don't think they realize how lucky they are. All the stars had to have aligned for them to have soo much success but they remain self obsessed. $5000 from each of them could have really helped Judy Wong. It's nothing to them. Maybe a snort of coke.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I definitely think Mick and John would have toured with Chris and Lindsey, but I would guess they weren't invited. This is such a smaller tour than what FM plays, so why split the profit 4 ways when you can split it 2 ways, and then hire backing musicians at a much, much lower fee. Makes sense, I guess.

Does anyone really believe Mick would turn down an opportunity to tour and make a few extra bucks? So there's no doubt in my mind Mick and John weren't invited to participate, but I doubt they took it personally.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
How did she die?
Old 06-28-2017, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay, we have an axe here! Thank you for speaking up.
nope, no axe. I just like to separate facts from fiction when we can. God knows it can be challenging with this band