The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: which SWS song would you like FM do live 2013?
In Our Own Time 1 3.70%
Illumination 1 3.70%
That's the Way Love Goes 6 22.22%
Stars Are Crazy 2 7.41%
Rock Away Blind 7 25.93%
One Take 0 0%
Gone Too Far 2 7.41%
End of Time 3 11.11%
Seeds We Sow (electric) 2 7.41%
Sleeping Around the Corner 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default which SWS song should FM do live 2013?

SN stated in some interview last week that they are seriously considering doing one song from each of their last solo albums - IYD and SWS. i love love love that idea and hope they follow through.

i'm creating 2 (or maybe 3?) polls, one with 10 songs from IYD and the other with 10 songs from SWS. please vote for which of the 10 you'd like to hear the most during FM live 2013 tour.

SWS poll:

there are 11 or 14 songs, depending on whether we count amazon and itunes extras - Sleeping Around The Corner (come to think of it IYD had some heart or something song that was on some deluxe version didn't it?), End Of Time acoustic (which is almost the same as electric), and Seeds We Sow electric (which is for all practical purposes a completely different song from the electric, kinda like full band and acoustic Go Insane).

again, i can't put all of them up for vote since polls allow 10 max. let me know if you think i should add another poll with the remaining 4?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

again, as with IYD poll, i selected somewhat randomly which songs are included in the poll. mainly, i skipped many of the songs which are really solo acoustic songs, such as SWS acoustic and She Smiled Sweetly, and i added 2 of the extras that need a backing band, imo.

so these are the choices i'm giving in this poll for which SWS song would you like FM do live 2013:

In Our Own Time
Illumination
That's the Way Love Goes
Stars Are Crazy
Rock Away Blind
One Take
Gone Too Far
End of Time
Seeds We Sow (electric)
Sleeping Around the Corner

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Too difficult - but had to go with Sleeping Around The Corner.

Would be closely followed by SWS Electric and IOOT
Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Too difficult - but had to go with Sleeping Around The Corner.

Would be closely followed by SWS Electric and IOOT
lol - we may need that whip on the stage

for me it's between That's The Way Love Goes and In Our Own Time. closely followed by SWS electric. and then Gone Too Far. and then One Take.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Too close, I agree. But I chose TTWLG....with EOT as a close second.

Not much (close call) can be said of IYD, again, jmo

(fingers crossed I DO NOT hear SA live again hehe)
Old 02-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As in the IYD poll, my choice is missing: NONE.

It's a Fleetwood Mac tour, not a solos tour. Enough with Stand Back and Go Insane.

There are LOT of beautiful Fleetwood Mac songs never played live (or just once long ago). Why would they include solo songs instead of old FM jewels?
Old 02-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Why would they include solo songs instead of old FM jewels?
Well, I agree....Crystal, IDWN, Blue Letter, Angel, That's Alright, Book of Love, etc. Many of these songs, the Mac would be hard pressed to resurect on stage.

I think the original post was in jest to what Stevie said in a recent interview. And we all know too well how she throws comments "out there" to gain attention and "general" public interest.

I think Stevie and Mick Overproject their wishes on what could be in light of what "the general paying public want to hear". Lindsey, in this instance is the more artistic and adventurer in future projects/song selection. He has the ear and balls to play something new/deep cuts/experiemental. If Mick and Stevie have a say so, we will be left with majority hum-drum Rumours.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I love Gone Too Far and I wouldn't object to that, but my dream would be GOS with Mick and John -- and of course we also have Brett and Neale. Man, I'd be out of my mind.

Still, I don't need Lindsey to do any solo songs. His FM catalog is such that some of his FM songs were solo songs anyway. If he did Come -- and I don't want it in the setlist with ISA -- that would be a solo song in my book, so he has enough FM songs that he can do.

If they want to make a statement with SA, I'm all for it. I was just thinking of the "righteous" Javert in Les Miserables and I like the "righteous" commentary in SA and if they want to say something, then they have my support. But other than that, I only see doing a solo song if it was a hit, like Stand Back was or Gotta Hold On Me or Trouble or, yikes, Holiday Road. I don't see the need to do one at all, just for the heck of doing a solo song.

Michele
Old 02-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stand Back was or Gotta Hold On Me or Trouble or, yikes, Holiday Road. I don't see the need to do one at all, just for the heck of doing a solo song.
i'd walk out of a FM show if they try to do Trouble . it's more than enough that i have to hear it every. solo. show.

i agree that most of Lindsey's Tusk or SYW songs are really solo songs, but legally they are not, right? i NEED to hear IOOT or TTWLG. but as far as i'm concerned he can do both of those and Gone Too Far. and WATL. and YMTYTO. and the Ledge. and Come. and BTLH. and GOS. for all of these you can say are really solo songs - and all these are songs that would make me extremely happy at the mac show.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'd walk out of a FM show if they try to do Trouble . it's more than enough that i have to hear it every. solo. show.
You know the thought of putting Stevie's vocals on Trouble really excites me and since you don't like the song, it's not as if she could mess it up for you. I don't root for him to do it, but the idea is enticing. Reminds me of Cory saying they would keep begging him to do it for soundcheck and he'd just ignore them, but then he relented and played it and she was so happy.

For me, SUD is a song where I'm just going, "Oh please, enough" And maybe I felt that way about UTS too. It's like it was something I had to get past in the setlist. I'd be saying to myself, "Once I climb this hurdle, everything else will be easy."

This Rumours deluxe edition has reminded me how much I hated Oh Daddy. Every time it comes up on the playlist, I get a little depressed.

Michele
Old 02-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
For me, SUD is a song where I'm just going, "Oh please, enough" And maybe I felt that way about UTS too. It's like it was something I had to get past in the setlist. I'd be saying to myself, "Once I climb this hurdle, everything else will be easy."
yeah i know the feeling - felt like that with both Treason and UTS (and of course Trouble). he kept doing them on several solo tours and i was happy when he finally dropped them during OMS.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If this is the case, I bet you anything it'll be part of the acoustic set and it'll be Seeds We Sow. Probably Big Love / Landslide / Seeds We Sow / Soldier's Angel. I'd bet money on it.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The three I'd like to hear:
Rock Away Blind
In Our Own Time
End of Time
Old 02-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
If this is the case, I bet you anything it'll be part of the acoustic set and it'll be Seeds We Sow. Probably Big Love / Landslide / Seeds We Sow / Soldier's Angel. I'd bet money on it.
i hope you are very, very wrong. we do not need acoustic SWS in the Mac setlist.

i will re-state what i've been saying for days - LB can do solo acoustic songs during his one man solo tours, and beautifully. but he needs a band for a song like Tusk, SHN, TTWLG, Illumination, or electric SWS. and probably for IOOT too, although i can see that one going either way. i'm shocked there are no votes for IOOT, even though that is definitely a left-side-of-the-palette song.

if he does acoustic SWS during Mac tour i will walk out, the same as if he does Trouble.

i understand all the love for RAB, but he does not need a band for that song either. he's doing great with it on his own, just needs to add that outro. so however much i love RAB and understand people would like to hear it, i really don't think RAB should be his solo song pick.

that said, when they come out for encore, i will yell Rock Away Blind, or Rodeo, just for the old times sake.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i hope you are very, very wrong. we do not need acoustic SWS in the Mac setlist.

i will re-state what i've been saying for days - LB can do solo acoustic songs during his one man solo tours, and beautifully. but he needs a band for a song like Tusk, SHN, TTWLG, Illumination, or electric SWS. and probably for IOOT too, although i can see that one going either way. i'm shocked there are no votes for IOOT, even though that is definitely a left-side-of-the-palette song.

if he does acoustic SWS during Mac tour i will walk out, the same as if he does Trouble.

l:
But can you find another way to express your displeasure. Like maybe hold up a sign. People walk out during his great performances and don't even give him a chance and obviously Lindsey knows that you aren't one of those people, but for appearances' sake don't do something that those Stevie fans do. Maybe a mean t-shirt instead?? Or I think we can still deport him, if you'd just get on board.

Michele