The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I personally think that TISL is a lot better than TOSOTM, but that's JMHO. I think it would be worth getting that one. What was it that you disliked most about TOSOTM? The production?
In case you care, I like TOSOTM much better than TISL. It's more consistent, I think. Nothing is a super, super, super standout, but overall the quality is better.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I own all the official releases from FM, Steve-ay, Liddy, and Christine. I have John's solo CD, too. I don't own solo work from any other member past or present....except that Bekka and Billy duet CD.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
In all honesty, I think Fleetwood Mac is Fleetwood Mac so long as Mick and John are there. Even Time is Fleetwood Mac. They are the only two who have soldiered on through all the incarnations.

I think OSOTM is far superior to RAL and SA, but it in no way showcases her true capabilities. Of her solo albums, only BD and WH accomplish that. TISL has flashes of brilliance, but widely misses the mark in others.
I agree. I think anything with those two guys is Fleetwood Mac. It may not be the Fleetwood Mac people want, depending on who else might be included, but it's still FM.

And I also agree that there are really only flashes or Stevie's brilliance on TISL. Not all of the songs are really strong, but for the ones that are, I put it up there with the first two albums. I haven't really decided if I think TOSOTM is superior to RAL yet. I'm really a bigger fan of "Talk to Me" than I am of any of the individual songs on TOSOTM, but that's me and my weird fixation with that song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
In case you care, I like TOSOTM much better than TISL. It's more consistent, I think. Nothing is a super, super, super standout, but overall the quality is better.
How come you say the overall quality's better? Just curious.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I agree. I think anything with those two guys is Fleetwood Mac. It may not be the Fleetwood Mac people want, depending on who else might be included, but it's still FM.

And I also agree that there are really only flashes or Stevie's brilliance on TISL. Not all of the songs are really strong, but for the ones that are, I put it up there with the first two albums. I haven't really decided if I think TOSOTM is superior to RAL yet. I'm really a bigger fan of "Talk to Me" than I am of any of the individual songs on TOSOTM, but that's me and my weird fixation with that song.

How come you say the overall quality's better? Just curious.
well, you guys basically just said it. I mean that, TISL has a few really good songs, but the rest are not that good. Whereas, OSOTM, most of the songs are pretty good. Like, I can listen to pretty much all of OSOTM, but I have to skip many songs on TISL.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
well, you guys basically just said it. I mean that, TISL has a few really good songs, but the rest are not that good. Whereas, OSOTM, most of the songs are pretty good. Like, I can listen to pretty much all of OSOTM, but I have to skip many songs on TISL.
Oh, I see what you mean. Me, I've got weird preferences. Like, I like "Love Changes" and nearly everyone else thinks it's crap. I don't think it's wonderful or anything, but I like listening to it more than a lot of the TOSOTM songs. There are 9 TISL songs I listen to and 7 TOSOTM songs I listen to, but in addition to that, I count some of the TISL songs as my fave Stevie songs but none of the TOSOTM songs. It's a personal preference thing.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I see what you mean. Me, I've got weird preferences. Like, I like "Love Changes" and nearly everyone else thinks it's crap. I don't think it's wonderful or anything, but I like listening to it more than a lot of the TOSOTM songs. There are 9 TISL songs I listen to and 7 TOSOTM songs I listen to, but in addition to that, I count some of the TISL songs as my fave Stevie songs but none of the TOSOTM songs. It's a personal preference thing.
right, I guess so. For instance, OSOTM has more fast songs with beats. So, I like it more!!!

Old 05-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I own all Rumours era items (and BTM), as well as all of SN/LB/CM solo albums. Except for the Christine Perfect album.

The only Pre-Rumours albums I have are:

Then Play On
Mystery To Me- I love this one
Kiln House
Bare Trees

I don't have any pre or post Rumours members solo albums or Time either.

Last edited by CreepingDeath; 05-08-2005 at 03:00 PM..
Old 05-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, if you were drifting away from FM as well around the time of TOSOTM and you didn't look back until The Dance, I'm wondering if you think Christine's BTM offerings are any good.
I like Save Me, and Skie's the Limit. I've not listened to it for a year or so now, though.
Quote:
And what about her Time offerings?
They're okay. I much prefer Bekka's songs on Time. [QUOTE=GateandGarden][COLOR=Navy]Which reminds me that you didn't address what I said about TISL. Many of the songs I love on TISL are re-recordings of older demos, so that definitely contributes to why I put it up there with her first two albums.
Quote:
Another question...what do you think about Rick and Billy? They don't interest you at all?
I enjoy their contributions on BTM. Something is missing on there though. I guess it must be Lindsey's production skills.
Quote:
Which reminds me that you didn't address what I said about TISL.
Again, I don't have any Stevie post OSOTM(sorry, I thought there was a THE in there previously). OSOTM made me leave her camp. Zzzzzzzz.....
Quote:
And about SYW minus Christine. I hate that myself for lots of reasons. (I don't hate the album, just the fact that Christine's not on it). I think there could have been some great three-part harmonies on that particular album with those three that would've made it stronger, and I think Christine's voice is the best it's ever been. I'd love to hear it with the others more. Good thing she at least put out a solo album. BUT, I wouldn't ever say it's not FM without Christine because there was FM before Christine even came into the picture. And I'm a fan of pre-Chris FM, too.
Well, of course it's still FM. Just a FM I don't enjoy nearly as much as the previous incarnation.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I have all of the major Mac albums from 'Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac' up to 'Say You Will' and 'Live In Boston,' as well as some of the various unofficially released live recordings.

I have all of the solo releases for Stevie, Christine and Lindsey (including Buckingham Nicks), as well as a few Bob Welch CDs, Mick's 'Shakin' The Cage,' Bekka & Billy's CD, and Rick's first solo disc and a few random mp3s of his other material (those albums are all still high on my priority list), and one of Dave Mason's CDs.

I'm ashamed to say I don't have any solo material for Peter or Danny.
I'm not ashamed to say that I don't have or want any solo material from Jeremy. *lol*
Old 05-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
OSOTM made me leave her camp. Zzzzzzzz......
Gotta love those "Fair-Weather Fans."

Old 05-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Again, I don't have any Stevie post OSOTM(sorry, I thought there was a THE in there previously). OSOTM made me leave her camp. Zzzzzzzz.....
There is a "the" like you had but some people leave it out. I know you said you don't have any post-TOSTOM stuff, but that's not my point. What I'm saying is that you've asserted that her material gets progressively worse starting from her first or second solo album. I've said I think that may not be the case. Have you heard TISL? If not, then it's unfair to say that her material has gotten progressively worse if you haven't heard all of the material.

Quote:
Well, of course it's still FM. Just a FM I don't enjoy nearly as much as the previous incarnation.
Quote:
SYW is okay, but, IMO, it's just not FM without Christine.
Sounds contradictory to me.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I'm not ashamed to say that I don't have or want any solo material from Jeremy. *lol*
Yeah, me too. I'm just not interested.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have pretty much every album that I want. I have all Fleetwood Mac albums from the Blue Horizon days to SYW. I don't have the Live In Boston CD/DVD thing, but I'm not interested in getting it anyway. I have all of the Christine solo albums(I have just about everything that she ever recorded.), 3 Bob Welch solo albums, 2 Mick solo albums, 2 Lindsey solo albums, 1 Stevie solo album & 1 Billy Burnette solo album. That's it. I'm really not interested in getting any more. I'm just waiting until they decide to release the good stuff(the 1970's era unreleased stuff that's sitting in a vault somewhere).
Old 05-08-2005, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I suppose somewhere down the line this has already been done, but I wanted to ask which FM/solo CDs everyone still has to get. (Or which ones you still want). I still have quite a list, but I'd say it's not a surprise considering I became a fan around the fall of 2003.

FM
Kiln House
Behind the Mask
English Rose
Penguin
Future Games
Landslide
(single)
Live at the BBC
Jumping at Shadows: The Blues Years

Lindsey
Out of the Cradle
Law and Order
Go Insane

Chris
Christine McVie
Christine Perfec
t (if they'd re-release the thing!!!)

Danny

Ram Jam City

You don't have ANY Lindsey CDs? Girl, get on that! At least OOTC!

Edit: I see others have dealt with this. lol

Old 05-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I have everything post-1975 of FM, Lindsey solo, and Stevie solo, even the Landslide single, the Best Buy CD, and "Word and Music." I am quite obsessive.

I've wanted to purchase the pre-1975 stuff for a while now, but I'm waiting for the reissues. I really like everything I've heard on "The Chain" box set though.

I don't have "Christine Perfect" but that's pretty hard to find. I have her other albums.

I don't have the Zoo album of Mick's. I actually have Mick's "The Visitor." I bought it before AHI so he'd have something to sign, since I only had a BN album and didn't want him touching that, lol. I wanted to buy The BluesBreakers for John to sign but it cost $100!!!!

I have Rick Vito's "King of Hearts" but none of his later albums.

I have Bob Welch's "Frech Kiss" and "Three Hearts" but none of his other albums.

I do not own any of the other members of Fleetwood Mac's solo albums.

There you have it!

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-08-2005 at 04:39 PM..