The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Which ones do you still have to get?

I suppose somewhere down the line this has already been done, but I wanted to ask which FM/solo CDs everyone still has to get. (Or which ones you still want). I still have quite a list, but I'd say it's not a surprise considering I became a fan around the fall of 2003.

FM
Kiln House
Behind the Mask
English Rose
Penguin
Future Games
Landslide
(single)
Live at the BBC
Jumping at Shadows: The Blues Years

Lindsey
Out of the Cradle
Law and Order
Go Insane

Chris
Christine McVie
Christine Perfec
t (if they'd re-release the thing!!!)

Danny

Ram Jam City
Old 05-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

uh...me, too, plus probably more. For instance, I don't have FM, live, 1980. And...Time?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
uh...me, too, plus probably more. For instance, I don't have FM, live, 1980.
I think you'd totally dig the live version of "Rhiannon" on that CD.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I think you'd totally dig the live version of "Rhiannon" on that CD.
Oh, I know I would. Plus, fireflies is on that. I don't know why I haven't gotten it before, it's totally at the top of my list, now. I only bought 3 CD's last year, so I'm not real quick on the uptake...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-08-2005, 03:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have anything PRE Bob Welch. I have everything Bob forward, except any Stevie solo stuff after TOSOTM. That album was a pile of poop, and I jumped off her wagon.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Uh... I haven't got Live 1980, or The Dance but hey... I don't have any Stevie, Chris (except 'Christine Perfect') or Lindsey solo albums either, but I do have pretty much everything else including all Peter, Danny and Jeremy's solo stuff. I just bought 'Buckingham Nicks' which is my latest acquisition
Old 05-08-2005, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default albums..

I have everything released since 1975, except Time for Fleetwood Mac. I have a few vinyl albums prior to 75. Solo stuff I need to get Christine Perfect and LB's Law and Order, which I only have on vinyl.

Hillary...I strongly recommend you purchase Out of the Cradle next. I know you are a big Stevie fan but this album is really incredible. I don't believe there is a song on it that I do not like. Pure perfection. (if he ever would have released GoS, I think that would be my personal solo favorite because his writing has grown so much)

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 05-08-2005, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I have everything released since 1975, except Time for Fleetwood Mac. I have a few vinyl albums prior to 75. Solo stuff I need to get Christine Perfect and LB's Law and Order, which I only have on vinyl.

Hillary...I strongly recommend you purchase Out of the Cradle next. I know you are a big Stevie fan but this album is really incredible. I don't believe there is a song on it that I do not like. Pure perfection. (if he ever would have released GoS, I think that would be my personal solo favorite because his writing has grown so much)
We think alike sometimes, Kelly! Out of the Cradle is next on my list! I have it on my Amazon wish list. I haven't put all of those CDs mentioned above on my Amazon wish list becuase I think that would make me look like I want too much stuff. But I put Out of the Cradle on there. I've decided that I want it to be my next FM-related purchase. I've heard a couple of the songs and I know I want the whole thing. Hearing the mp3s of his GOS stuff that's floating around has really made me into more of a fan than I was before. So I'm with ya and thanks for thinking of me!
Old 05-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I don't have anything PRE Bob Welch. I have everything Bob forward, except any Stevie solo stuff after TOSOTM. That album was a pile of poop, and I jumped off her wagon.
I personally think that TISL is a lot better than TOSOTM, but that's JMHO. I think it would be worth getting that one. What was it that you disliked most about TOSOTM? The production?
Old 05-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have any pre-Welch stuff. No Christine Perfect, either.

I think OOTC is a great choice for your next purchase. I'd have to add Behind the Mask too, though. It's an underrated album, IMO. Rick and Billy weren't Lindsey, for sure, but they are much better than some people make them out to be. And some of Chris' best material ever is on that album.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I suppose somewhere down the line this has already been done, but I wanted to ask which FM/solo CDs everyone still has to get. (Or which ones you still want). I still have quite a list, but I'd say it's not a surprise considering I became a fan around the fall of 2003.
I became a fan in the summer of 1997, and I think I feel pretty complete in my Mac collection for now. I don't expect I'll be buying anymore Mac or related albums unless new ones are released.

But I've got all the albums except for English Rose, which isn't necessary. All of Stevie's solo stuff, all of Lindsey's. Don't have In the Meantime, actually, but I don't really feel compelled to buy it. But I do have Chris' 1984 album, and her first one on vinyl somewhere. Then I've got Danny's Ram Jam City, Welch's French Kiss, Weston's There's a Heaven, and for Peter: the Green & Guitar compilation, Soho Session, and Destiny Road. And then Live in Boston, the two Vaudeville Years sets, London '69, Shrine '69... and then various bootlegs (including Buckingham Nicks, of course) and that's it, I think.

I don't really have much desire to delve any further into anybody's solo career, except maybe Peter's at some point. So I think I'm done. Cutting myself off! I think I've had enough!
Old 05-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I personally think that TISL is a lot better than TOSOTM, but that's JMHO. I think it would be worth getting that one. What was it that you disliked most about TOSOTM? The production?
I think the songs and production were sub-par. If you look at the quality of her albums, IMO, they went straight downhill.
BD- a masterpiece
WH- a darned good album
RAL- uh, it's okay. Nothing to write home about.
TOSOTM- Nothing really stand out here. It feels like I'm on a sinking ship. I got on the nearest lifeboat, and didn't look back. I think alot of artists can learn from TOSOTM. You can cost yourself considerable fanbase by putting out an album that's not up to snuff.
So, at this time, I pretty much had drifted out of my FM obsession, because they weren't doing much either. The Dance started to reel me back in. But, I now realize that The Ledge has made me the FAN I used to be. SYW is okay, but, IMO, it's just not FM without Christine. It doesn't SOUND like FM without Christine.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I think the songs and production were sub-par. If you look at the quality of her albums, IMO, they went straight downhill.
BD- a masterpiece
WH- a darned good album
RAL- uh, it's okay. Nothing to write home about.
TOSOTM- Nothing really stand out here. It feels like I'm on a sinking ship. I got on the nearest lifeboat, and didn't look back. I think alot of artists can learn from TOSOTM. You can cost yourself considerable fanbase by putting out an album that's not up to snuff.
So, at this time, I pretty much had drifted out of my FM obsession, because they weren't doing much either. The Dance started to reel me back in. But, I now realize that The Ledge has made me the FAN I used to be. SYW is okay, but, IMO, it's just not FM without Christine. It doesn't SOUND like FM without Christine.
So, if you were drifting away from FM as well around the time of TOSOTM and you didn't look back until The Dance, I'm wondering if you think Christine's BTM offerings are any good. And what about her Time offerings? I don't have BTM yet, but I'm a huge fan of "I Do" from Time. And this is just me (well, not just me...but not everyone, I guess is what I mean), but I really like some of what TOSOTM has to offer, particularly "Rooms on Fire," "Ooh My Love," "Whole Lotta Trouble," "Fire Burning" and "Juliet," but none of those would be on my all-time favorite Stevie songs list. (The "Juliet" outtake would probably make it, though). To me, none of those songs are really up to par with the songs off the first two albums or TISL. Which reminds me that you didn't address what I said about TISL. Many of the songs I love on TISL are re-recordings of older demos, so that definitely contributes to why I put it up there with her first two albums. Another question...what do you think about Rick and Billy? They don't interest you at all?

And about SYW minus Christine. I hate that myself for lots of reasons. (I don't hate the album, just the fact that Christine's not on it). I think there could have been some great three-part harmonies on that particular album with those three that would've made it stronger, and I think Christine's voice is the best it's ever been. I'd love to hear it with the others more. Good thing she at least put out a solo album. BUT, I wouldn't ever say it's not FM without Christine because there was FM before Christine even came into the picture. And I'm a fan of pre-Chris FM, too.

Last edited by GateandGarden; 05-08-2005 at 01:51 PM..
Old 05-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In all honesty, I think Fleetwood Mac is Fleetwood Mac so long as Mick and John are there. Even Time is Fleetwood Mac. They are the only two who have soldiered on through all the incarnations.

I think OSOTM is far superior to RAL and SA, but it in no way showcases her true capabilities. Of her solo albums, only BD and WH accomplish that. TISL has flashes of brilliance, but widely misses the mark in others.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got every official FM-albumrelease (except some compilations of **** i already have) since 68. In the solosphere I'm not complete in danny's work, I miss some of Peter's but stevie and lindsey are complete. Only Time and In the meantime I refused. Because i can't stand them. Can't stand Street Angel either, but i still got it.