The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-07-2003, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was 11 when the Greatest Hits album came out in '88. Mom and Dad bought it, and I hated it because they liked it. But I do remember hearing Sara, and asked my mom who it was and told her I thought her voice was very pretty....
Skip up about 5 years later, I was 16, and in the car with some friends. I started looking through the CD case, and came across the greatest hits album. I played it right then, and that's when it all started. I remember going home that night, and asking mom where her tape was. She damn near died! I went out and bought it the next day, and haven't quit buying since!

Maria
Old 10-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

1976 or so for me, although I was only a 6 year old boy. My oldest sister had the 'White Album' 8-Track which she used to blast while she would take us for Saturday or Sunday trips to the beach. I still remember the white vinyl interior of her '75 Firebird and us yelling and singing along with the lyrics to 'Monday Morning'! Of course, we also then got 'Rumours' and listened to that constantly too although by that point it was my brother who then developed the FM taste while my sister started gravitating towards disco. But I knew what I liked, and always looked forward to catching FM on tv or on the radio (still remember hearing a 'Tusk' special presentation in 1979 on the radio one night while driving with my family and most of them acting disappointed in their initial first listen). I also was in particular a Stevie fan while in high school, and the apex of this was the 'Rock A Little' period which to this day (to me) stands out as one of Stevie's best.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I am a pre-Dance fan. My mom got "Fleetwood Mac" the 8 track when I was about 11 and that's all we listened to in the car. "Monday Morning" was an instant fave of mine and I just loved "Landslide" from the first time I heard it and thru the years it's always been a fave of mine. I also was hugely into "Crystal." I know we had Rumours but I can't recall the actual album and we did have Tusk. You are going to laugh though as I used to NOT like Dreams (to me overplayed) or Sara and now I love them!

Anyway, then when the Dance aired on MTV in 1997 I had to watch. I knew Lindsey had left the band but honestly didn't recall what he looked like and I had a vague memory of him and Stevie. I saw the Dance and was hooked all over again, esp when they did Landslide.

So that's my story!
Lauren

**3 more days until the Denver show***!!!!
Old 10-08-2003, 12:47 AM
Junior Ledgie

I was 14 in the late summer of 1982. I saw the Hold Me video at a friend's house, and had been hearing it on the radio a lot. I was instantly smitten with Lindsey. Plus, I did like the song.

I went home and dug out my older brother's 8 tracks and found the White Album, Rumours and Live. I was like "Oh, they did THIS, and THIS too?" as I started listening to all their songs.

Then I got my own copies of the White Album, Rumours and Live (I got the vinyl AND eventually the cassettes) as well as Tusk (turned out to be my FAV) and of course Mirage. Then within a year I got Law and Order, Bella Donna and Buckingham Nicks, then the Wild Heart, and so on......as time went on. I was forever hooked.

I just missed them in concert that Sept. of 82 as they kicked of the Mirage tour here on the east coast. I am still kicking myself over that.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was a partying sixteen-year-old and Street Angel and Time were the albums that defined my life. Jane was the theme song for my senior prom.

Of course, none of the above is true. I became a Stevie fan in '83 and a diehard Mac fan as a seventeen-year-old in '87. I still love Seven Wonders.

- Jake
Old 10-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

1977 Rumours.
Between Rumours and Tusk I bought everything they ever brought out and fell in love with the whole saga.

Old 10-08-2003, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ME! =:-)

I've loved FM madly since 1980! and the Tusk album, which is till my all time favorite.

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 10-08-2003, 02:03 PM
Ledgie

I have been a fan since 1975. Brings back good memories of my high school years just sitting around listening to them and dreaming about seeing them live.

Terri
Old 10-08-2003, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

I have been a fan since I first heard "The White Album" playing on my parents' turntable, which is definitely Pre-Dance time. I would say it was mid to late 70s. My parents played a lot of Fleetwood Mac. As a child I would ask them to play Rumours, and I loved the song "I Don't Want to Know," which is still a fav. I guess they helped pave the way for the huge fan I am today, so my thanks to them for the introduction! I guess I became the crazied, mega-fan I am today in the late 80s while I was in junior high and high school, and I have been a crazied, mega-fan ever since!

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 10-09-2003, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sara1998
Maria
Maria - Question about your sig. I've only got one copy of She Still Loves Him (maybe we're hearing different versions), but isn't the lyric "She was heard to say" and not "She was there to say?"
Sorry to not-pick, but I want to know if I've been singing the wrong lyrics.

- Jake
Old 10-09-2003, 10:03 AM
Ledgie

Cool thread idea!

It was 1976 or so and my boyfriend at the time (can't remember his name) lent me his copy of the White Album. I fell in love with FM! It was their music and the harmony of their voices and especially the song "Over My Head". I've been a die hard fan ever since.

Oh yea, I did eventually give him back his album....months later.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am normally a lurker, but I really dug this thread...

On my tenth birthday, my neighbor Annemarie took me to a local record store and her present to me was that she would purchase any LP that I picked out. Being the big movie queen that I was, my initial choice was a clean new SOUND OF MUSIC soundtrack, since the one at home was pretty scratched up from countless plays. But, a black and white picture of the most beautiful woman I had ever seen caught my attention. I had no idea who Buckingham Nicks were, but I got the record then and there. A couple of years later, "Rhiannon" was all over the radio and I liked the song but didn't put 2 and 2 together until I saw FM perform the song on The Midnight Special and I snapped. So, I truly have been a fan since the beginning.
My first live show was during the TUSK tour and I have seen multiple shows from every tour since then.
I've been lucky enough to have met everyone in the band a couple of times and I can honestly say that they are very sweet, genuinely nice people. They are "my band".
Old 10-10-2003, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default when...

Rather odd on my part as I was first fan in the mid-eighties, Gypsy, Seven Wonders, Talk to Me, but had NO idea who sang the songs (just some pretty blonde woman), hey I was only about five Then in 1997 my dad bought the Dance and I finally consented to listening to it (What no Gypsy?!) and started laughing hysterically when My Little Demon came on, then I heard the song Sweet Girl, which became one of my fav songs...
Old 10-19-2003, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rhiannon grabbed me back in the 70's and Belladonna pushed me into the hard core. This is kinda sad, I was the only one of my friends who really, really liked Stevie... So A friend of mine said he would go to the Stevie shows with me, if I would go to the Neil Young shows with him. My girl friend at the time didn't understand the collecting thing, she got a bit jealous at times of her. (Oh yeah, Stevie is competing with you for a high school kid, .....Now that would have been cool. Here is my Prom date, Stevie Nicks). My girl friend didn't understand the fun of hunting for that certain 45 cover at record shows. Oh well, Stevie is still apart of my life, and the old girl friend is long gone....Hmmm what does that tell you?

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:38 AM
Ledgie

White album and Rumours era..... as Pattie said, it was "everywhere"!! the soundtrack of our lives.. we lived it, the sound, the drama, all of it... I was in 10th grade then..

before that, I my first very vague memories of the band are of my sister turning me on to the albums before Stevie and Lindsey, with Bob Welch, as music to listen to when i babysat my niece at her house..
and a cousin showing me the Buckingham Nicks album saying "These are the guys with Fleetwood Mac now..."

I am glad to see some fans a bit closer to my age
I've been wondering where you were...

Singer Stevie Nicks likens Fleetwood Mac to "a psychological encounter group times a million."
~ AZRepublic 7/03

What baby boomer, after all, doesn't harbor at least a slight fantasy of being onstage, still looking great, and spilling your guts to your long-lost first love as you two harmonize?
~WI State Journal 5/9/04