The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: which IYD song would you like to hear FM do live 2013?
For What It's Worth 6 11.11%
Wide Sargasso Sea 3 5.56%
New Orleans 1 1.85%
Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream) 6 11.11%
Soldier's Angel 13 24.07%
Everybody Loves You 3 5.56%
Ghosts Are Gone 3 5.56%
You May Be The One 16 29.63%
Italian Summer 3 5.56%
Cheaper Than Free (Feat. Dave Stewart) 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That reminds me that I should have started setting up the venues for concert reviews the moment they announced the 2013 tour dates. It is time consuming and unless I do one or two a day, there's no way they are all going to get done by April.
you mean threads in the archive or threads here on discussion board by the show, or somewhere else? if here we can start setting it up...

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-13-2013, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
reading all the posts in this thread lately, every time i think it's gotten back on topic, it veers back into the war of the roses.

i usually see one post off topic and am hoping it was gonna stay at that, but all of the sudden it starts piling up and i can't resist jumping in and seems many others react the same.

Lilyfan's nice post above has finally convinced me that people want to discuss this some more - so i'm thinking maybe we should set up a thread with the name that actually reflects what's in it and either move all the posts about lindsey love and stevie love and mutual love or hate or competition between them or fans of either one or both and preaching who should be saying and not saying whatever in that thread - or at least discuss that from now on in a separate thread?
Nah. Let's just set up to have a good old fashioned Rumble at each venue before the shows. We'll have to think of names for each respected Stevie and Lindsey team/gang.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Nah. Let's just set up to have a good old fashioned Rumble at each venue before the shows. We'll have to think of names for each respected Stevie and Lindsey team/gang.
not my cup of tea but see, if it were not for this discussion you and i would never even get to communicate!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
reading all the posts in this thread lately, every time i think it's gotten back on topic, it veers back into the war of the roses.

i usually see one post off topic and am hoping it was gonna stay at that, but all of the sudden it starts piling up and i can't resist jumping in and seems many others react the same.

Lilyfan's nice post above has finally convinced me that people want to discuss this some more - so i'm thinking maybe we should set up a thread with the name that actually reflects what's in it and either move all the posts about lindsey love and stevie love and mutual love or hate or competition between them or fans of either one or both and preaching who should be saying and not saying whatever in that thread - or at least discuss that from now on in a separate thread?
I think that's a great idea. (sorry about the typos in my post - it happens sometimes )
Old 02-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Sometimes Lindsey takes it. I have seen him do it with my own eyes. I didn't misinterpret it. It was the first time I saw them live on the UL tour in Atlanta, in fact. He barreled his way through the first few songs, milking the applause as if he was the only performer onstage. It was so obvious that John pointed at him in conversation to Stevie and said "What the hell?!" She just shrugged and shook her head. It passed, but he was definitely being boorish with his hamming.

That being said, I agree that Stevie was not on her A game and that she has much more potential that I would love to see shine on the new tour. I can't imagine how exciting it would be to see them both giving it their all, instead of "waiting on a bus unexciting" as she put it.

Anyway, I don't buy that Stevie was cowering to Lindsey onstage - in wardrobe or anything else. I think she does what SHE wants to do - and sometimes that means she wants to pick her battles, like anyone does. Maybe she senses by being low key that day/that night it keeps the peace. So, what? She knows him better than anyone. That's her choice, not because he is making rules over her.
love reading these little tour snippets you described in this and follow-up posts - makes me looking forward to the tour! good to hear that audience enjoyed I Know I'm Not Wrong - that' was exactly my point somewhere earlier in the thread as to why he should do That's The Way Love Goes on this year's tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, I didn't get that it was an ongoing thing after every song. I only notice him responding to the audience after his own songs, when I saw them.

I was interested in your comment in 2009 because I had noticed John and Stevie's facial expressions and eye contact during Lindsey's song intros and your observations added to my own notice of their interaction at other points in the show, so you gave me more to look for. I knew she didn't agree with Lindsey saying that they don't have a new album YET, before she said she didn't agree in the press, just by the way she was acting on stage when he talked.

As for the standing ovation, I appreciate the longer explanation. At the time, you didn't describe it as a culmination. You just remarked more on John and Stevie's reaction and John making the WTH gesture to Stevie following Lindsey's grandstanding after the one song, which turned out to be IKINW.

I think Lindsey plays into the audience response for sure after his own songs, jumping up and down after ISA, for example, running around the stage in a frenzy or being a "whirling dervish" as Stevie said. And doing that chest pounding thing or prayer gesture. I never thought of it as trying to steal anyone's thunder because the focus was on him anyway, as he does it following his own songs and Stevie gets to bask in it after hers, especially Rhiannon, Stand Back and GDW too. The way the show is set up, they each have their own time to shine, without taking the glow from each other. I don't see him hamming it up after The Chain, for example which, I suppose, would rightly annoy John.
yeah from CAD's description i don't see that Lindsey's behaving any different than on his solo tours - seems like he's soaking up audience's reaction to certain songs the same as he always does. you can call it milking it and i may agree with you but i'd rather performer appreciates and interacts with the audience then just going on to the next song like audience is not even there.

he also sometimes jumps around and stomps when he's happy how a particular performance turned out and i really don't see a problem with that considering that he works his ass up there and always gives you 200%. it's just a part of him the same as the stupid skinny jeans and opened v-neck t-shirts.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
love reading these little tour snippets you described in this and follow-up posts - makes me looking forward to the tour! good to hear that audience enjoyed I Know I'm Not Wrong - that' was exactly my point somewhere earlier in the thread as to why he should do That's The Way Love Goes on this year's tour.

yeah from CAD's description i don't see that Lindsey's behaving any different than on his solo tours - seems like he's soaking up audience's reaction to certain songs the same as he always does. you can call it milking it and i may agree with you but i'd rather performer appreciates and interacts with the audience then just going on to the next song like audience is not even there.

he also sometimes jumps around and stomps when he's happy how a particular performance turned out and i really don't see a problem with that considering that he works his ass up there and always gives you 200%. it's just a part of him the same as the stupid skinny jeans and opened v-neck t-shirts.
Yeah I'm not generalizing though. He didn't do the grandstanding at every show. I was at the Nashville show and it was all fine. Of course, that doesn't mean he didn't do it at other shows. It was that night, as I said, in bad enough form to garner a reaction from John who is usually so low key if it wasn't for his driving bass you would forget he was there.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Yeah I'm not generalizing though. He didn't do the grandstanding at every show. I was at the Nashville show and it was all fine. Of course, that doesn't mean he didn't do it at other shows. It was that night, as I said, in bad enough form to garner a reaction from John who is usually so low key if it wasn't for his driving bass you would forget he was there.
I wish they would add some Nashville dates to this tour. I'd much prefer to go to Nashville over Atlanta. There's no chance they are coming to Birmingham
Old 02-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyfan View Post
I wish they would add some Nashville dates to this tour. I'd much prefer to go to Nashville over Atlanta. There's no chance they are coming to Birmingham
I wanted Nasville too!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

since the discussion has long ago moved on from the original topic, i am closing this thread.

Closed Thread