The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Junior Ledgie

Talking All About Tony (Was Tony's Hazy Concert Memories)

Hi everyone. I just wanted to touch base with this group of folks after I learned that my blog was mentioned here and the topic got a bunch of play. First of all, I want to thank Beth, who emailed me to let me know that Tony's Hazy Concert Memories had been a topic of discussion here. Since she was the one who contacted me, I assumed that she posted the link here, but in fact it was a fella named David. So, thank you David for increasing traffic over on my site.

I really enjoyed reading all of your comments concerning my story. Most of the feedback I get is from people I know and it tends to be positive in nature. Strangers rarely contact me directly, but a message board such as this provides a great forum to speak freely and honestly. It has been rewarding to hear this kind of criticism.

It seems I stirred things up a bit regarding Stevie's weight. I realized at the time I was writing the tale that it was an easy target for jokes, but went for it anyway. As FM fans, I also know that you've heard it all before and those jokes get old real fast. I've been a Heart fan for years and had (okay, still have) a terrible crush on Ann Wilson and tire of comments concerning her size. But I won't apologize for taking those pot shots at Stevie. Hey, I'm no prize myself and Stevie could probably find plenty of material based on my appearance.

I don't write what I would call "reviews". I find straight reviews boring and mostly useless. I just like to relate my experiences of the whole event, hopefully in an interesting manner. I admit, I do make attempts at humor with mixed results. I'm not a trained writer, just a work-a-day guy hacking his way through stories probably best told in person over a beer.

Of course, I hope that most of you enjoyed what you read over there. In fact, I'd like you to read other stuff from the archives. I recently re-read some of those stories and think that there are far better told and funnier epics. (Ozzfest '99 and the Rollins Band stories are two that I'm proud of).

Thanks again for the input. I'd love for more. Leave comments directly on the site at the end of posts or email me yourself. Don't be shy; I can take it.

Tony

Tony's Hazy Concert Memories can be found at:tonyremembers.blogspot.com
Old 03-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Tony. I enjoyed reading the review. I can "take it"(and attempt to dish it out with a sense of humor, too).
Old 03-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Thanks Tony. I enjoyed reading the review. I can "take it"(and attempt to dish it out with a sense of humor, too).
Yeah thanks, Tony! I loved your review, although being a Christine McVie partisan it didn't really bother me all that much what you said. You may not be a trained writer, but it was well written & very funny.

Last edited by macfan 57; 03-19-2005 at 04:57 PM..
Old 03-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkntony
But I won't apologize for taking those pot shots at Stevie. Hey, I'm no prize myself and Stevie could probably find plenty of material based on my appearance.
Ah, but hopefully Ms. Nicks would have more consideration and empathy for you than that.

The rest of your piece was quite interesting and insightful... it's just a shame that it was marred by ignoble comments about a woman's weight.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
The rest of your piece was quite interesting and insightful... it's just a shame that it was marred by ignoble comments about a woman's weight.
I was reading what you wrote in the original thread, Johnny, and I agree with you that Stevie's weight comes up an awful lot, and that's a shame. However, you have to admit that most press reviews of the SYW tour *didn't* mention her weight. So I think critics and people who've been following the Mac for years HAVE gotten over the issue. But for casual fans -- such as Tony -- it's no surprise that her appearance might be a shock.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12
I was reading what you wrote in the original thread, Johnny, and I agree with you that Stevie's weight comes up an awful lot, and that's a shame. However, you have to admit that most press reviews of the SYW tour *didn't* mention her weight. So I think critics and people who've been following the Mac for years HAVE gotten over the issue. But for casual fans -- such as Tony -- it's no surprise that her appearance might be a shock.
Well, why critics should write about her weight? It's not their job, I think.

Anyway, welcome Tony, I wasn't crazy about your review, but it was an interesting reading, thanks for it.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI