User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
My guess is that it would resemble something along the lines of what she does in this video between the 3:56-4:12 minute mark!!!
Remember to put down your shawl, before you try this at home.

Michele
Old 10-16-2014, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Does it have a lot of clapping gestures?

Michele
yep
listens to Applause
in her living room in front of the mirror
dances around the room
and comes back to clap when she sees her reflection

ETA: not just CLAPPING ... "air" clapping

Quote:
My guess is that it would resemble something along the lines of what she does in this video between the 3:56-4:12 minute mark!!!

kinda sexy ...

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 10-16-2014 at 03:12 AM..
Old 10-16-2014, 04:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That's so sweet! What a fabulous little routine. Very 80's - the kind of thing I would have tried very hard to copy back in 1986

It's funny trying to imagine her doing something like this now. I'm sure her moves have progressed a little, and are probably much more complex
Old 10-16-2014, 05:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
That's so sweet! What a fabulous little routine. Very 80's - the kind of thing I would have tried very hard to copy back in 1986

It's funny trying to imagine her doing something like this now. I'm sure her moves have progressed a little, and are probably much more complex
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Stevie shares what's on her playlist

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture...-playlist-1114

I whip my scarves back and forth to: "I Gotta Feeling," by the Black Eyed Peas.

On repeat: "Applause," by Lady Gaga. I've choreographed a complete dance to it.

Favorite new release: My own! 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault.

Throwback: "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress," by the Hollies. That is who I want to be.

My life's theme song: "Rock 'n' Roll Woman," by Buffalo Springfield.

Song of now: "Bartender," by Lady Antebellum. They are like the country Fleetwood Mac.
Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress is one of my favorites; such a cool song. I'd love to hear Stevie sing the song. It's sung from a male perspective, but with some slight adjustments, she could make it her own. She's done it before.

I have no interest in the Black Eyed Peas. For a few seconds I thought she was referring to the Mamas & Papas song "I've Got a Feeling." "I've got a feeling that you're stealing all the love I've been giving to you."

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-16-2014 at 05:23 AM..
Old 10-19-2014, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is how you know you're a total Stevie nerd. My friend was on a date the other night (with another Stevie fanatic who I was thrilled to eventually meet) and ended up sitting in front of this huge photo of Fleetwood Mac at the Burbank Bar and Grill. Now that I think of it, it might have been concert footage on a big screen tv, I don't remember. But he texted me a photo of him standing next to Stevie's image and tried to pass it off like he was at a Fleetwood Mac concert in the front row. I immediately texted him back with "Um... plain, tasteful black blouse with white pearl buttons, hair parted to the side with no bangs, conservative make up... that's totally from the Say You Will tour. You can't fool me!"
Old 11-06-2014, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From a Huff Post interview with Jon Ondrasik of Five for Fighting

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-ch...b_6107786.html

In your song "100 Years," you go over so many ages - but you left out 16 and 17 and I think Stevie Nicks is pissed. I base this off her "Edge of Seventeen" song. Do you think I'm right?

Yes. That said, her forgiving demeanor is the prime factor in Fleetwood Mac surviving decades without any internal band conflict.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Saw this on Stevie's fb today.

"Just because a relationship ended badly, and ****ty things happened, you cannot tell that to the world. But you can write a song about it, in three verses and a bridge and a chorus, that tells the really magical moments."

10641282_879349302075158_2042909940336185715_n.jpg
Old 11-13-2014, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[excerpt from an interview with Paula Cole in the Alaska Dispatch News]

Vikram Patel| November 13, 2014

http://www.adn.com/article/20141113/...ving-music-biz

Play: If you could pick three people, dead or alive, to have dinner with tonight, if cost and reality were no object, whom would you choose?

Cole: I’d like to tell Stevie Nicks I’m sorry I lost her phone numbers back in 1998 -- I’ve meant to apologize and would love to have a glass of wine with her. Also Dolly Parton. Some of the best hours were spent with her and I’d like a reprise. And though I’ve never met Keith Richards, I adore him and would love a conversation just for some godfatherliness.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[About the construction of a NYT crossword puzzle that had Stevie Nicks as the answer. Hey, Lindsey does crossword puzzles. I wonder if he knew the answer]

Don’t Quit Your Day Job By Deb Amlen November 15, 2014 6:00 NYT Blog

http://wordplay.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-day-job/?_r=0

Today’s puzzle takes a list of celebrities or people of note and clues their names in punny ways. If that was it for the theme, it would be a fun yet simple exercise in figuring out the pun and solving one’s way to the finish line. But because Mr. Ries wants you to have more fun than that, he has taken the last names of these people and clued them as if those last names were indicative of jobs at which they would be really bad.

For the STEVIE NICKS clue, I gave the option of using mohel or barber. I preferred mohel for the humor (which is why I put it at the end, a page out of the Merl Reagle textbook). Honestly, I thought that the safer barber choice would be used, so I’m pleasantly surprised that mohel “made the cut” (pun intended).
Old 11-18-2014, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Vita.mn, Minnesota JAHNA PELOQUIN | Updated 12:45 PM on 11/17/2014

http://www.vita.mn/crawl/282948821.html

GRRRL PRTY performs its first show since August this Thanksgiving Eve at Triple Rock Social Club

Fleetwood Magic: Night of 100 Stevies: Taking a cue from the annual Stevie Nicks tribute in New York City, Night of 1,000 Stevies, this version features Fleetwood Mac covers from local bands Tiny Deaths, Red Daughters, Just Perfect (Brian Just Band) and Invisible Boy (Poliça's Chris Bierden), plus DJ sets from Hot Roxx’s Jen Hughes. Stevie Nicks-inspired garb is strongly encouraged. (8 p.m. doors, 9 p.m. show. $10. 21-plus. Turf Club, 1601 University Av. W., St. Paul. turfclub.net.)
Old 11-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from a Ting Tings article]

Pop Crush Ali SzubiakNovember 18, 2014 10:50 AM

http://popcrush.com/the-ting-tings-s...ify-interview/

What kind of music were you guys listening to while you were writing and recording the album?

Oh, obviously a lot of Diana Ross, Donna Summer, early Madonna, Fleetwood Mac — I became obsessed with Stevie Nicks, kept trying to channel Stevie Nicks in studio, early Prince. Mainly funk and disco with a little bit of Fleetwood Mac. Disco Mac.

Read More: The Ting Tings Interview: Katie White on 'Super Critical' + Spotify [EXCLUSIVE] | http://popcrush.com/the-ting-tings-s...ckback=tsmclip
Old 11-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from a Music Times' piece on Bethany Consentino] November 22, 2014

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/1...s-mr-watch.htm

"I have always been really into Stevie Nicks," Consentino said. "She's always been my biggest role model and style icon. My mom was also really into her when I was younger, so she reminds me of my mom. Someone who is more modern that I admired is Hayley Williams [of Paramore]. She's a friend of mine, and she's such a cool girl. I'm actually going to see them tonight. She's really young and doing all these amazing things. She has this awesome style and is one of the sweetest girls I've ever met."

Read more: http://www.musictimes.com/articles/1...#ixzz3JwgYaDeG
Old 11-25-2014, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[From an article on Paramore]

WUNC, North Carolina Public Radio by Ann Powers

http://wunc.org/post/paramore-feat-j...ur-heart-break

The pair's camaraderie lends warmth to both the performance and the video, made during the pair's session at the Village Recorder in Santa Monica. They were, Joy noted, "in the room that Stevie Nicks personally decorated for Fleetwood Mac's recording of their double album Tusk. I felt like some of the mystic spirit of Stevie is still in the walls there. That's a good energy to have in a room, especially with two women recording like we were. It felt like the perfect place to let down, light candles, take off our shoes and just be. We'd take breaks, make hot tea in the studio kitchen, and get lost in conversation before we realized we should probably get back to work." The vibe was so cozy that Joy gave Hayley her Steve Madden shoes to wear, so the younger artist would match her pal's height for the cameras. "I actually felt tall that day, and that never happens!" the diminutive singer added.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From an article about private concerts]

http://nypost.com/2014/12/06/the-sup...rs-to-perform/

NY Post The fans who pay thousands to get C-listers to perform

By Reed Tucker 12/6/2014

Pretzels and a few slabs of cheese just aren’t going to cut it when you have friends over this holiday season. Want guests talking about your get-together? How about adding this to the invitation: “Oh, and the Dukes of Hazzard will be there.”

“Dukes” stars Tom Wopat and John Schneider went on Kickstarter over the summer to fund their just-released holiday album, “Home for Christmas,” and rewards included in-home performances by the duo themselves.

Two $10,000 shows featuring both Schneider and Wopat were quickly snapped up by corporations. But for a very reasonable $3,000, Wopat offered to show up alone at a fan’s house, guitar in hand, and play a set, and he’s had some enthusiastic takers.

“In a way, it’s sort of expensive, but I don’t have the time to do much else. I don’t have any hobbies,” says Roy Reaves, a Virginia man who purchased one of the Wopat concerts. “I couldn’t see this chance coming along again.”

In November, Reaves invited a handful of friends and hosted Wopat in the spacious garage at his logging company. Reaves owns a replica “General Lee” Dodge Charger that was parked nearby.

“It was a blast,” Reaves says. “[Wopat] didn’t take himself too seriously.”

Minnesota’s Scott Marthaler also owns a replica General Lee, and he’ll host Wopat next summer for a barbecue in the backyard of his farm.

“I knew it was a decent amount of money, but it’s something you’ll talk about for a long time,” says Marthaler, who works at a grocery store. “You get to spend a lot more quality time [with Wopat]. You can get to know him.”

The cost of private shows varies wildly. A Texas banker paid a whopping $7 million to have the Rolling Stones play at his birthday, though there are plenty of more affordable alternatives.

“On the low side, old-school hip-hop is great,” says Steve Einzig, president of Booking Entertainment, a Manhattan company that specializes in arranging private shows. “Rob Bass, Tone-Loc, Coolio or something like that might be around $15,000.”

Bands are often more expensive than rappers because of the cost to truck in equipment, which can run as much as $150,000. Add that to travel costs — bigger acts often demand to fly privately, which runs about $75,000 — and the price quickly skyrockets.

It’s not only the crazed fans who love the benefits of a private show.

“It’s wonderfully intimate and nice to actually meet people up close and personal,” says Mike Love of the Beach Boys. The group is auctioning an in-home concert, valued at $100,000, on charitybuzz.com.

Other performers love these shows for another reason.

“Money,” Einzig says succinctly.

In fact, artists often charge a premium for non-tour gigs.

“It’s a much harder performance when they’re performing privately,” Einzig explains. “When Stevie Nicks plays at a Stevie Nicks concert, she has a bunch of ravenous fans who paid good money to see that concert. After every song, they’re so happy to be there.”

At a private event, however, the audience is not necessarily as invested. An artist may have to perform over group chatter or the clinking of waiters clearing dinner plates. Is that any way to treat a rock legend?

Almost all shows go down at rented venues, such as country clubs and party spaces, not private homes. Can you imagine Guns N’ Roses, who earned a reported $1 million to play for a Moscow man, setting up their gear in a New York apartment?

Most buyers are — surprise! *— folks with lots of disposable income. Einzig once had a lottery winner request a private gig with crooner Gene Pitney.

One big plus of a private show is that the host gets to provide guidance on the set list. In other words, you get to tell the Rolling Stones they better not dare play material post-“Goats Head Soup.”

Another advantage is not having to plan your life around reunion tours.

John Tavlarios, a Connecticut resident in the shipping business, booked Earth, Wind & Fire for his 50th birthday party a couple years back, and Kool & the Gang for his wife’s 50th.

“I had this thing where I wanted to see a lot of those late ’60s and ’70s bands before they couldn’t perform anymore,” he says.

He also once hosted “Get Down Tonight” act KC and the Sunshine Band. He says it’s been money well spent.

“It’s a special experience,” Tavlarios says. “I never had one of those events where people didn’t walk away talking about it forever.”
Old 12-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fox Sports, December 9, 2014

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/fox-s...leasure-120914

Jay Onrait and Dave Hodge's top albums of 2014 for your listening pleasure

20. JENNY LEWIS -- "THE VOYAGER" -- Everything she puts out is good but makes me wish her old band Rilo Kiley was back together. It would be like Stevie Nicks having left Fleetwood Mac right after Tusk and never recording with them again. Actually, she probably should have done that. Nevermind. You go Jenny.