User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCYOURGYPC View Post
Just wondering who else might have had problems with Mike Bise at Ivory keys? He had asked me to contribute artwork for his blog, and compilation MP3 projects, which I did, then he left IK for a while, and without my permission, passed my work onto another admin, who got upset when I asked to be credited for my work in her posting(s), so she then tore down the post, and now today I discover I've been removed from the group!
Is it me, am I wrong for simply asking for credit for my own artwork?
I contributed a lot to that group, and find this completely unfair.
I've tried reaching out to Mike, and he simply ignores me...now I know why his blog keeps getting reported. Screw enough people, and it comes back to you!
His ego is very fragile. He's made a lot of enemies by banning people for perceived slights. The glass-half-full side of me feels sorry for him because there is clearly a mental health issue here. Mike's written nice letters (real ones) to me in the past, so I know he isn't a bad person. But since starting Ivory Keys, he's let the attention and respect he's received from other fans go to his head. Any comment he perceives as a threat to this status will send him off the rails.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirror69 View Post
I know Mike over 20 years and I share with him many concerts and demos and I never had problems with him.For me is a great person

Paolo
Hi, Paolo. Do you remember when Debbie Peterson (in Ohio) and I used to trade tapes with you? This would have been about 25 or 30 years ago.

Back then, I bought issues of Mike's fanzine, which I think was called Mirror Mirror. It had good stuff, and the text was very opinionated and mostly literate. I was impressed. One thing I noticed about Mike at the time was that no one was more impressed with Mike than . . . Mike.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-03-2017, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
His ego is very fragile. He's made a lot of enemies by banning people for perceived slights. The glass-half-full side of me feels sorry for him because there is clearly a mental health issue here. Mike's written nice letters (real ones) to me in the past, so I know he isn't a bad person. But since starting Ivory Keys, he's let the attention and respect he's received from other fans go to his head. Any comment he perceives as a threat to this status will send him off the rails.
Daniel, I remember you from your fan profile on TV. You're a good guy. I always liked you!

Sad to hear that Mike is exhibiting mental instability. Of course, he isn't the first Stevie Nicks fan to do so, and I think I can safely say he won't be the last!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-04-2017, 12:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Hi, Paolo. Do you remember when Debbie Peterson (in Ohio) and I used to trade tapes with you? This would have been about 25 or 30 years ago.

Back then, I bought issues of Mike's fanzine, which I think was called Mirror Mirror. It had good stuff, and the text was very opinionated and mostly literate. I was impressed. One thing I noticed about Mike at the time was that no one was more impressed with Mike than . . . Mike.
Thanks David,

I happy to find a "old friend" from panpals days!!!!I don't like much this thread and I don't like the words against Mike there's no reasons Stevie/Fmac are music for all our hearts....yes in the past I was hangry if there's a show can't trade and I can't accept that not share but all of this I don't like
Old 10-04-2017, 08:13 AM

I must warn you that all the people you have mentioned by name can read your posts and Mike Bise himself is still a registered member of The Ledge.

Criticism is allowed but slur isn't, so you all can recount your bad experiences with the Facebook group, but choose carefully the words for your future posts.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I must warn you that all the people you have mentioned by name can read your posts and Mike Bise himself is still a registered member of The Ledge.

Criticism is allowed but slur isn't, so you all can recount your bad experiences with the Facebook group, but choose carefully the words for your future posts.
This is about me?
I've only reply at David with my opinions nothing else
Old 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is about me?
Don't worry, her words of caution weren't aimed towards you.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-05-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
This is about me?
No, as Fuzzy already pointed out I wasn't referring specifically to you, it was simply a generical warning
Old 10-06-2017, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
1. I must warn you that all the people you have mentioned by name can read your posts...

2. Criticism is allowed but slur isn't...
That means I'd better start lying.

If I can't slur someone...

And who is this Mike Bise character?
Frankly, he sounds made up.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Daniel, I remember you from your fan profile on TV. You're a good guy. I always liked you!
David!
Old 12-28-2017, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I liked him very much. I enjoyed communicating with him and I always appreciated his effort in bringing Stevie Nicks rarities to fellow fans. I remember being so touched that he mailed me cassette tapes around 1994-1995, free of charge, just for the love of the music. He hates me now because I told him I don't like The Other Side of The Mirror. I told him someone can be a Stevie fan and not like a particular album. Hell, I *love* Street Angel for God's sake. But that tipped him over the edge and he blocked me on Facebook. It's a shame, I really liked him. Oh well.