The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:16 PM
Ledgie

Default What's wrong with the admins @ Ivory Keys?

Just wondering who else might have had problems with Mike Bise at Ivory keys? He had asked me to contribute artwork for his blog, and compilation MP3 projects, which I did, then he left IK for a while, and without my permission, passed my work onto another admin, who got upset when I asked to be credited for my work in her posting(s), so she then tore down the post, and now today I discover I've been removed from the group!
Is it me, am I wrong for simply asking for credit for my own artwork?
I contributed a lot to that group, and find this completely unfair.
I've tried reaching out to Mike, and he simply ignores me...now I know why his blog keeps getting reported. Screw enough people, and it comes back to you!
Old 03-24-2017, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCYOURGYPC View Post
Just wondering who else might have had problems with Mike Bise at Ivory keys? He had asked me to contribute artwork for his blog, and compilation MP3 projects, which I did, then he left IK for a while, and without my permission, passed my work onto another admin, who got upset when I asked to be credited for my work in her posting(s), so she then tore down the post, and now today I discover I've been removed from the group!
I've tried reaching out to Mike, and he simply ignores me...now I know why his blog keeps getting reported. Screw enough people, and it comes back to you!
Don't get me started on that looney tune! I removed myself from the group and blocked him. Crazy potatoes that one is. I just can't even! Sorry you had that experience. Seems to be a pattern over there and here to be quite honest.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mike Bise strikes me as an unsavory character. In the Facebook group he would ban people for the most ridiculous reasons. He's also obsessed with thinking that every Stevie song is about Joe Walsh and really tries to push the idea.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Mike Bise strikes me as an unsavory character. In the Facebook group he would ban people for the most ridiculous reasons. He's also obsessed with thinking that every Stevie song is about Joe Walsh and really tries to push the idea.
Yeah, I wanted to join once but I saw some stories on tumblr about him being kind of a tyrant. He kicks people out for not having the same opinion as him or saying anything that even remotely resembles criticism of Stevie or if he thinks you illegally downloaded anything.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:10 AM
Senior Ledgie

I know Mike over 20 years and I share with him many concerts and demos and I never had problems with him.For me is a great person

Paolo
Old 03-26-2017, 10:08 PM
Junior Ledgie

This week, I was randomly booted & blocked from Ivory Keys, & I have no idea why, since I never even really talked in the group, so I definitely never had conflicts in there, & I certainly never reposted or misused any of his files.

I messaged Alicia to ask why, but my message went ignored (as I figured it would). I don't know what's going on in there lately, but it sure seems like a mess.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yikes. I've never been and now I never will go
Old 03-26-2017, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm confused.. What is this, a Facebook group? When I go to the old Ivory Keys web address it seems closed (Ivorykeysblogspot.com I think)
Old 03-27-2017, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They also do not allow anything negative or critical about Stevie to be said there, period. Pretty much every article about an upcoming Mac tour, project or the Buck/McVie album has comments disabled. It's quite a looney place indeed. No person is infallible, including Stevie. Fans should be allowed to call out celebs on their B.S. no matter how much we like or respect them.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:03 AM

I moved the thread here because I thought it was a better destination since it isn't strictly Stevie related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karissa View Post
This week, I was randomly booted & blocked from Ivory Keys, & I have no idea why, since I never even really talked in the group, so I definitely never had conflicts in there, & I certainly never reposted or misused any of his files.

I messaged Alicia to ask why, but my message went ignored (as I figured it would). I don't know what's going on in there lately, but it sure seems like a mess.
I'm not sure if that's the reason but most of the private Facebook groups ban the members that have never participated nor interacted after a certain lenght of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
I'm confused... What is this, a Facebook group? When I go to the old Ivory Keys web address it seems closed (Ivorykeysblogspot.com I think)
Ivory Keys is a private Facebook group for Stevie and FM bootlegs sharing, while ivorykeysblogspot.com is technically just an attached side blog. Mike Bise is the administrator of the latter but not of the main Facebook group.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe someone is ill?
Old 03-27-2017, 10:55 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post

I'm not sure if that's the reason but most of the private Facebook groups ban the members that have never participated nor interacted after a certain lenght of time.
I mean, I was active enough to frequently thank admins for sharing demo links & such, just never really in a social way with others in the group, if that makes sense. I sure hope there's more to this strange purging of the group aside from not being actively social in some of their rambling circular threads.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

well, I happen to know they hate Ledgies. And you can't say anything critical about Stevie at all, especially when one of them is in their manic phase. You'll get blocked, banned, and booted for sure.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:39 AM
petep9000
This message has been deleted by petep9000. Reason: dupe
Old 03-29-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
well, I happen to know they hate Ledgies. And you can't say anything critical about Stevie at all, especially when one of them is in their manic phase. You'll get blocked, banned, and booted for sure.
Really? But some Ledgies are in the group.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCYOURGYPC View Post
I have no problem with you wanting to be credited for work that you did. Kudos to you. And shame on them.