I'm not at liberty to say.
This cat had more than
one life. That I can say.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post

I have a most interesting cat story. If I told it true,
some would still think it was one of my tall tales.
This particular cat was dead at the beginning of
the story. Though not by my doing. He perhaps
lived more in the days that followed than any he'd
lived before.
FuzzyPlum,
This one's all me. Dr. Seuss' cat pales in comparison.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:07 PM

The early diagnosis is urinary tract infection, hyperthyroidism and renal failure.
She's almost 16 years old, I guess I shouldn't have expected much.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post

I'm bored to death because here is 40 degrees (=104 F) and I want to have a positive thread for once, where we can talk about our pets with a personal preference for cats and maybe exchange advices and experiences among animal lovers.

So this is my female cat Perla; she's 15 years old but she's still kicking butts since, as you can see, she's stolen my fancy magenta jumper. I took her in when she was just 2 weeks old, born from the litter of the cat of my sisters's friend:

I also had another younger cat named Izzie that me and my family saved from a moat, but unfortunately she was half purebred and she died from a genetic illness three years ago. This is her (Sorry for the ****ty quality):

And right after Easter my beloved dog Black left us four months after being diagnosed with cancer. Thankfully, he left peacefully while sleeping due to his very old age though:
Your pets are adorable! I have a cat named Oliver and he is about 2 years old. He was a stray kitten that turned up in my front yard. I will look through my photos and see what I can dig up.
Old 05-07-2016, 02:10 PM

Yes, pictures of kittens are my favourites!
Old 05-14-2016, 02:08 PM

My cat's kidneys have stopped functioning. I don't know what to do or say, I was not prepared for this, has anyone already went through it?
Old 05-14-2016, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My cat's kidneys have stopped functioning. I don't know what to do or say, I was not prepared for this, has anyone already went through it?
I'm sorry to hear this.I hope the vet can treat it.My friends 6 year old Siamese cat had treatment for his problems going to the bathroom.The vet change his food to a special prescription cat food that cost my friend about US $3.00 bucks a can.He is doing great now.

My cat Buttons is doing fine.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-14-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I'm sorry to hear this.I hope the vet can treat it.My friends 6 year old Siamese cat had treatment for his problems going to the bathroom.The vet change his food to a special prescription cat food that cost my friend about US $3.00 bucks a can.He is doing great now.

My cat Buttons is doing fine.
Thanks. Yes, she has special food that costs 2 Euros at portions too, it's a bit of a shame. For a while she was doing fine but the vet told us to be prepared because she's old.
Your cat has a very cute name.

An italian weekly tv program that does investigative reports 2 or 3 months ago showed that a lot of the most famous brands of animal food actually has too high price for the contents (mainly alimentary discards), makes illegal and unnecessary experiments on animals and some actually could even be detrimental to animals on the long run because the food is "diluted" with other substances like clay.
Not to be alarmist, it's just that our animals eat almost only those things all of their lives, it's better to be attentive to what they eat and make them also eat some real food once in a while.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Thanks. Yes, she has special food that costs 2 Euros at portions too, it's a bit of a shame. For a while she was doing fine but the vet told us to be prepared because she's old.
Your cat has a very cute name.

An italian weekly tv program that does investigative reports 2 or 3 months ago showed that a lot of the most famous brands of animal food actually has too high price for the contents (mainly alimentary discards), makes illegal and unnecessary experiments on animals and some actually could even be detrimental to animals on the long run because the food is "diluted" with other substances like clay.
Not to be alarmist, it's just that our animals eat almost only those things all of their lives, it's better to be attentive to what they eat and make them also eat some real food once in a while.
sorry to hear about your cat , it is never easy .

In america a few years ago there was a massive recall of dog food it was all being made in china and they were adding fillers that caused immediate kidney failure , I did some research and found a local company that made human grade food for dogs and cat

I also at the time had a cat that was losing weight and nothing was showing up on every test , i thought i should then check his food , which was Science Diet a very highly recommended by veterinarian food , they changed their formula and well the second ingredient was cellulose (ground wood ) i changed his food and he lived to be 22 years old .

You want to believe you are feeding them something good , but here anything especially treats from the supermarket those brands are basically toxic and poison .
Old 05-14-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
sorry to hear about your cat , it is never easy .

In america a few years ago there was a massive recall of dog food it was all being made in china and they were adding fillers that caused immediate kidney failure , I did some research and found a local company that made human grade food for dogs and cat

I also at the time had a cat that was losing weight and nothing was showing up on every test , i thought i should then check his food , which was Science Diet a very highly recommended by veterinarian food , they changed their formula and well the second ingredient was cellulose (ground wood ) i changed his food and he lived to be 22 years old .

You want to believe you are feeding them something good , but here anything especially treats from the supermarket those brands are basically toxic and poison .
Thanks, I appreciate your solidarity.
The problem with these foods is that veterinarians recommend them for money and they don't know what actually is in the food.
The best would be feeding them with homemade food but it's very troublesome, time consuming and the necessary nutritional supplements are expensive and/or difficult to find. I had made some research for my cat but now it's too late.
However among those brands named by the Report were Royal Canin and Personal Trainer.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 05-14-2016 at 04:09 PM..
Old 05-14-2016, 04:29 PM
Registered

Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate your solidarity.
The problem with these foods is that veterinarians recommend them for money and they don't know what actually is in the food.
The best would be feeding them with homemade food but it's very troublesome, time consuming and the necessary nutritional supplements are expensive and/or difficult to find. I had made some research for my cat but now it's too late.
However among those brands named by the Report were Royal Canin and Personal Trainer.
i make food for my dogs my cat get an organic food no grains dry food made 30 mes from our home , and he gets organic wet food which is just chopped fish, my last cat i adopted had cancer i knew this when i got him I fed him fish my dogs get no grain food and i make them oatmeal mango and i rotate turkey , bison ( buffalo ) or lamb .

how old is your kitty ?
Old 05-14-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
i make food for my dogs my cat get an organic food no grains dry food made 30 mes from our home , and he gets organic wet food which is just chopped fish, my last cat i adopted had cancer i knew this when i got him I fed him fish my dogs get no grain food and i make them oatmeal mango and i rotate turkey , bison ( buffalo ) or lamb .

how old is your kitty ?
16 years old.
You're very admirable for cooking so much for your animals. When I discovered her illness I bought a manual for cats home-made feeding and I'll try making something for her but I still can't find some vitamins. Unfortunately she always had a very picky appetite and doesn't like many fishes and meats, but at least she likes chicken and can stand turkey.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:09 PM
Registered

Quote:
16 years old.
You're very admirable for cooking so much for your animals. When I discovered her illness I bought a manual for cats home-made feeding and I'll try making something for her but I still can't find some vitamins. Unfortunately she always had a very picky appetite and doesn't like many fishes and meats, but at least she likes chicken and can stand turkey.
16 is a long time

you did a wonderful job caring for her all you can do now is love her make sure she is comfortable , and if the time comes and you have to assist in her passing be their for her.

don't beat your self up over this you did everything right .
Old 05-14-2016, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I took in a stray kitten that I found in my backyard 3 days ago. Can't post the photo of it because I'm having issues uploading it. I'm taking it to the vet on Tuesday to be looked over and make sure it is heathly .
Old 05-15-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
16 is a long time

you did a wonderful job caring for her all you can do now is love her make sure she is comfortable , and if the time comes and you have to assist in her passing be their for her.

don't beat your self up over this you did everything right .
Thanks, I think you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
I took in a stray kitten that I found in my backyard 3 days ago. Can't post the photo of it because I'm having issues uploading it. I'm taking it to the vet on Tuesday to be looked over and make sure it is heathly .
Really? How old is the kitten?