Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just Perfect: The Definitive Christine McVie Collection is the official name of this contest and the 18 songs that will arise over the next months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post

Mystery to Me, Heroes Are Hard to Find - 1973/1974
Poll #6 - Why; Believe Me; Just Crazy Love; The Way I Feel; Come Little Bit Closer; Heroes Are Hard to Find; Prove Your Love; Bad Loser
aleuzzi, jbrownsjr, nicepace, and others...

Should we credit "Keep on Going" from Mystery to Me to Christine? I know Welch wrote it, but Christine does lead vocals on it. We have included a few songs sung my Christine but written by others.

Last edited by MacShadowsBall; 07-19-2013 at 07:53 PM..
Old 07-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Should we credit "Keep on Going" from Mystery to Me to Christine? I know Welch wrote it, but Christine does lead vocals on it. We have included a few songs sung my Christine but written by others.
Yes! This is the criteria I suggested earlier in this thread, which you agreed was good:
"any studio or live recording appearing on an official release, on which she is the lead singer (or co-lead singer). It shouldn't matter if it was recorded by Fleetwood Mac, Chicken Shack, Christine solo, or another artist."

"Keep On Going" belongs in this contest just as much as "I'd Rather Go Blind."
Old 07-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another non-Mac song that Christine does the lead vocal on is "Coventry Carol."

http://www.last.fm/music/Christine+M...Coventry+Carol

It came out in 1998 so maybe you could put it in with Time/The Dance.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Just Perfect: The Definitive Christine McVie Collection is the official name of this contest and the 18 songs that will arise over the next months.

aleuzzi, jbrownsjr, nicepace, and others...

Absolutely, she owns it.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks jbrownsjr and nicepace. We'll add "Keep on Going" to the Mystery to Me/Heroes poll and "Coventry Carol" to the Time/Dance poll for the contest.

For some reason I can't edit my first post on this thread, so I'll update via a new post/reply.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Updated Song Listings. #2...7-25-13

***Songs that are moving forward are in blue. ***

Chicken Shack - 1968/1969
Poll #1 - When the Train Comes Back; You Ain't No Good; Get Like You Used to Be; A Woman is the Blues; I Wanna See My Baby; Mean Old World

Madison Blues - 1969/1970
Poll #2 - Hey Baby; It's You I Miss; Gone Into the Sun; Tell Me You Need Me; Lonely Without You

Christine Perfect - 1970
Poll #3 - Crazy 'Bout You Baby; I'm on My Way; Let Me Go; Wait and See; Close to Me; I'd Rather Go Blind
Poll #4 - When You Say; And That's Saying Lot; No Road Is the Right Road; For You; I'm Too Far Gone; I Want You

Future Games, Bare Trees, Penguin - 1971/1972/1973
Poll #5 - Show Me a Smile; Morning Rain; Spare Me a Little; Homeward Bound; Did You Ever Love Me; Remember Me; Dissatisfied

Poll #6 - Why; Believe Me; Just Crazy Love; The Way I Feel; Keep on Going; Come Little Bit Closer; Heroes Are Hard to Find; Prove Your Love; Bad Loser

Fleetwood Mac - 1975
Poll #7 - Say You Love Me; Over My Head; Warm Ways; Sugar Daddy; World Turning

Rumours - 1977
Poll #8 - You Make Loving Fun; Songbird; Don't Stop; Oh Daddy; The Chain

Tusk, Live - 1979/1980
Poll #9 - Brown Eyes; Think about Me; Over and Over; Never Forget; Honey Hi; Never Make Me Cry; One More Night

Mirage - 1982
Poll #10 - Hold Me; Love in Store; Only Over You; Wish You Were Here

Christine McVie - 1984
Poll #11 - Love Will Show Us How; The Challenge; So Excited; One in a Million; Ask Anybody; Got a Hold on Me; Who's Dreaming This Dream; I'm the One; Keeping Secrets; The Smile I Live For

Tango in the Night - 1986/1987
Poll #12 - Can't Help Falling in Love; Little Lies; Isn't It Midnight; Everywhere; Mystified; You & I Part 1; You & I Part 2; Ricky

GH, Behind the Mask, The Chain - 1988/1989/1990/1992
Poll #13 - As Long As You Follow; Roll with Me, Henry; Save Me; Behind the Mask; Skies the Limit; Do You Know; Heart of Stone; Love Shines

Time, The Dance - 1995/1997/1998
Poll #14 - Nights in Estoril; Hollywood; I Do; Sooner or Later; All Over Again; Temporary One; Coventry Carol

In the Meantime - 2004
Poll #15 - Friend; You Are; Northern Star; Bad Journey; Anything is Possible; Calumny; So Sincere
Poll #16 - Easy Come, Easy Go; Liar; Sweet Revenge; Forgiveness; Givin' It Back; Come Out to Play

Last edited by MacShadowsBall; 07-26-2013 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: Winners from Christine Perfect added....
Old 07-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As I go along with the voting in the contest, I am thinking the term "Christine's BEST songs" is misleading. I really think we should be voting for the songs that we think should advance in the contest. That's different. F0r example, I might not think "I'd Rather Go Blind" is her BEST song from her 1969 solo record, but it's the one that needs to advance, if our goal here is to compile a "Definitive Christine McVie Collection."

If everybody just votes for the songs they like the best we run the risk of ending up with 18 songs from the "Rumours" lineup (or maybe 17 "Rumours" lineup songs plus "Why"). And that would not be a "Definitive Christine McVie Collection" by any stretch of the imagination.

I hope as the contest goes along, people will lobby for songs to advance and try to convince people to vote for them, as opposed to just voting. Let's make this interesting, people, not just another 2-second mindless "like" on the internet.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I definitely agree with you nicepace, part of the reasoning I've been saying "Best" instead of "Favorite". As you said, we want everybody to vote for the songs that are Christine's best songs AND deserve to be on a 18 song CD, representing Christine's definitive songs. Perhaps "Best" can be confusing. Perhaps phrasing it as "Pick Christine's definitive songs from each album/poll".

I made them all multiple choice so that I not making a restriction on how many from each album/poll continue, except for the 50% miminum overall vote. One album/poll might have three songs that Ledgies vote as best/definitive while another album/poll might just get one or even none.

I look at a song like "Don't Stop" that is very disliked by Ledgie's as evidenced in the least favorite contest from 2011. However it is one of Christine's definitive songs and should be included in the 18 songs. I wouldn't want Ledgies to not vote for it because they don't "Like" it or they are tired of hearing it so much. Of course it will be narrowed down to 18 songs, so a lot of songs will be excluded - that's what is gonna be interesting when we get to Round 2 in a month or so.

Sidetracking, but with Lindsey I don't like Big Love and Tusk, but they are two of Lindsey's definitive songs - I can't stand to listen to them, but that's not the point! I will vote for them when the time comes.

So yeah I agree with you nicepace. Everybody should vote for what you feel are Christine's definitive songs from her entire catalog.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 10 songs so far are moving forward.....

***Songs that are moving forward are in blue. ***

Chicken Shack - 1968/1969
Poll #1 - When the Train Comes Back; You Ain't No Good; Get Like You Used to Be; A Woman is the Blues; I Wanna See My Baby; Mean Old World

Madison Blues - 1969/1970
Poll #2 - Hey Baby; It's You I Miss; Gone Into the Sun; Tell Me You Need Me; Lonely Without You

Christine Perfect - 1970
Poll #3 - Crazy 'Bout You Baby; I'm on My Way; Let Me Go; Wait and See; Close to Me; I'd Rather Go Blind
Poll #4 - When You Say; And That's Saying Lot; No Road Is the Right Road; For You; I'm Too Far Gone; I Want You

Future Games, Bare Trees, Penguin - 1971/1972/1973
Poll #5 - Show Me a Smile; Morning Rain; Spare Me a Little; Homeward Bound; Did You Ever Love Me; Remember Me; Dissatisfied

Poll #6 - Why; Believe Me; Just Crazy Love; The Way I Feel; Keep on Going; Come a Little Bit Closer; Heroes Are Hard to Find; Prove Your Love; Bad Loser

Fleetwood Mac - 1975
Poll #7 - Say You Love Me; Over My Head; Warm Ways; Sugar Daddy; World Turning

Rumours - 1977
Poll #8 - You Make Loving Fun; Songbird; Don't Stop; Oh Daddy; The Chain

Tusk, Live - 1979/1980
Poll #9 - Brown Eyes; Think about Me; Over and Over; Never Forget; Honey Hi; Never Make Me Cry; One More Night

Mirage - 1982
Poll #10 - Hold Me; Love in Store; Only Over You; Wish You Were Here

Christine McVie - 1984
Poll #11 - Love Will Show Us How; The Challenge; So Excited; One in a Million; Ask Anybody; Got a Hold on Me; Who's Dreaming This Dream; I'm the One; Keeping Secrets; The Smile I Live For

Tango in the Night - 1986/1987
Poll #12 - Can't Help Falling in Love; Little Lies; Isn't It Midnight; Everywhere; Mystified; You & I Part 1; You & I Part 2; Ricky

GH, Behind the Mask, The Chain - 1988/1989/1990/1992
Poll #13 - As Long As You Follow; Roll with Me, Henry; Save Me; Behind the Mask; Skies the Limit; Do You Know; Heart of Stone; Love Shines

Time, The Dance - 1995/1997/1998
Poll #14 - Nights in Estoril; Hollywood; I Do; Sooner or Later; All Over Again; Temporary One; Coventry Carol

In the Meantime - 2004
Poll #15 - Friend; You Are; Northern Star; Bad Journey; Anything is Possible; Calumny; So Sincere
Poll #16 - Easy Come, Easy Go; Liar; Sweet Revenge; Forgiveness; Givin' It Back; Come Out to Play

Last edited by MacShadowsBall; 08-07-2013 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: Updated '75 Fleetwood Mac winners....
Old 07-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile

You may also want to consider her guest vocal on the song "Can't Feel the Pain" by Brent Bourgeois (Eponymous), 1990.

http://youtu.be/CsvWXzkDGy8
Old 07-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There seems to be a bootleg type of set of 3 CDs titled All Things Christine making the rounds. It even has some Chicken Shack. I had no interest in it as I had it all on official releases. I don't think they're selling it but it had a CD tray and front and back cover to a booklet. Didn't even have the obscure tracks like Come Out To Play or Gone Into The Sun (which is on the Complete Blue Horizon thing).

I thought Come Out And Play dated from the 1984 solo album but can't seem to find that info now if it was.

Last edited by becca; 07-30-2013 at 05:51 PM..
Old 07-31-2013, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1969 View Post
You may also want to consider her guest vocal on the song "Can't Feel the Pain" by Brent Bourgeois (Eponymous), 1990.

http://youtu.be/CsvWXzkDGy8
I don't think it will count as I can barely tell Christine is even on the song.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I don't think it will count as I can barely tell Christine is even on the song.
Agree here too. It's too minimal.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
There seems to be a bootleg type of set of 3 CDs titled All Things Christine making the rounds. It even has some Chicken Shack. I had no interest in it as I had it all on official releases. I don't think they're selling it but it had a CD tray and front and back cover to a booklet. Didn't even have the obscure tracks like Come Out To Play or Gone Into The Sun (which is on the Complete Blue Horizon thing).

I thought Come Out And Play dated from the 1984 solo album but can't seem to find that info now if it was.
3 CD's would be to easy for us! One makes it harder and yet more fun. Interesting box set idea, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Agree here too. It's too minimal.
Yeah, nice song but it won't count.

Any other songs missing just reply back here on this thread.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Update! 16 Songs So Far....

1. Get Like You Used to Be - Chicken Shack, 1968
  2. Gone Into the Sun - Madison Blues, 1969
  3. I'd Rather Go Blind - Christine Perfect, 1970
  4. No Road is the Right Road - Christine Perfect, 1970
  5. I'm Too Far Gone - Christine Perfect, 1970
  6. Spare Me a Little - Bare Trees, 1972
  7. Why - Mystery to Me, 1973
  8. Come a Little Bit Closer - Heroes Are Hard to Find, 1974
  9. Say You Love Me - Fleetwood Mac, 1975
  10. Over My Head - Fleetwood Mac, 1975
  11. Don't Stop - Rumours, 1977
  12. You Make Loving Fun - Rumours, 1977
  13. Songbird - Rumours, 1977
  14. Brown Eyes - Tusk, 1979
  15. Think About Me - Tusk, 1979
  16. Over and Over - Tusk, 1979

Last edited by MacShadowsBall; 08-16-2013 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: Added Tusk winners...
Closed Thread