The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:44 AM
Junior Ledgie

wanted to say HI to y'all - I'm Juergen and grew up with Fleetwood Mac, Chicken Shack and the British Blues Boom in the late 60s - that's why I prefer a bit the pre-rumours era - you know?
Old 02-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^Hi Juergen and welcome- you will find several members who prefer the pre-Rumours line-up.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Junior Ledgie

well thanks for a warm welcome and another little question:
how many mods and admins are here? Who's running that beautiful website with all the great information and details - quite sure it is an appreciation to a great or better one of the greatest Bands in Rockbusiness - and I refer to the pre-rumours as well as the post-rumours era.

Hey girls and boys, come on stage and introduce yourself - maybe you already did that and I can't find? So any clue would be very kind from you all.

Thanks in advance
Juergen / Germany

btw any idea HOW I can remove the widget? The link does not work - I'm always thrown to a support site if I click on that link!

Last edited by jdf; 03-01-2012 at 12:32 AM..
Old 03-28-2012, 04:57 AM
Junior Ledgie

Hi there. I just wanted to leave a small note to introduce myself. My name is Kate (obviously ), and I thought it was high time I actually joined instead of lurking around. I'd been on a hiatus from heavy FM listening, but have come back into the fold (you can't really avoid it!)

Anyway, just wanted to say hello!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^Welcome, all!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Anyway, just wanted to say hello!
Welcome Kate! I see by the timestamp of your post you are a nightbird.

Last edited by vivfox; 03-28-2012 at 09:10 PM..
Old 03-29-2012, 06:19 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Welcome Kate! I see by the timestamp of your post you are a nightbird.
I try not to be, but I was up very early yesterday to finish a project Nice to meet you!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
I try not to be, but I was up very early yesterday to finish a project Nice to meet you!
You sure were up early. I totally had thought you were up all night. I was a nightbird most of my adult life. No longer though. Like many Ledgies, we set out to accomplish some sort of task and end up avoiding it and reading posts on here instead. I guess you were no exception.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You sure were up early. I totally had thought you were up all night. I was a nightbird most of my adult life. No longer though. Like many Ledgies, we set out to accomplish some sort of task and end up avoiding it and reading posts on here instead. I guess you were no exception.
I used to be as well, nowadays I work a full-time job and do a Master's degree so it means I do need a certain amount of sleep But somehow I still find time for message boards...
Old 04-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I'm back....

Just want to say "HELLO", again,

I'm back,

Lets Rock,

Looking forward to meeting some more fellow Ledgies in 2012,

&,

As Lindsey says, "We will see you NEXT TIME",

Old 04-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default A little story to tell

Hello all, call me Marsh, I'm a retired computer engineer and I'm Christine McVie's age (short of a few months...probably the oldest FM fan here).

I have a little story to tell.

I started out working in a small computer company just outside of Boston back in 1962, and in 2002 I retied from the computer field. I have always put my nose to the grind-stone and didn't know much about the entertainers back in the 50's and 60's (outside of Elvis and Diana Ross etc.).. For that mater through out the 40 years, I listen to my favored music, the Beatles in the mid 60's, Elton John, Billy Joel and Fleetwood Mac in the 70's. They where one of my favorite band and entertainers along with the Bee Gees during the 70's.

Now here is my story: On one of my rare, if not only time, I went to a nightclub in 1966 in New York City. I only did this because I was accompanied by another senior engineer on a business trip (several years older than me, his name was Don). Later in the day (at night) Don led me to Greenwich Village where all the beatnik's hung out. I heard of Greenwich Village and knew that Beatniks smoked Marijuana, but that was about it. I was a technical guy (a geek) in the 60's and 70's.

That night in 1966, Don and I walked into a street level Coffeehouse, and I stood next to a black guy with an Afro hair cut who was playing his Guitar just 10 feet away from me. He was playing his guitar while sitting on a stool. He was dressed rather bizarrely with a Bandana (headband) around his head and lots of beads around his neck. He had on a loose fitting colorful shirt and wore tight red pants. This was an outfit that looked like he just won a costume award at the Village (so I thought). While playing his guitar, his boosted amplifiers/speakers where blasting so loud that after 20 minutes I yelled out to Don "let's get out of here, I got a headache".

After leaving and walking on the street out of the Cafe' Wha? I asked Don who the hell was that guy? Don said that's Jimmy Hendrix, not knowing anything about him I said, "oh".

But the kicker is this, throughout the entire 70's I assumed Fleetwood Mac was just an all guys band with just the sexy Stevie Nicks as a female member. While watching Fleetwood Mac on MTV with my son (my son was addicted to MTV). I saw Christine McVie sing a song with the FM band during the early the 80's. I was very much surprised and shocked that a female sounded like a guy. She had/has an altos voice, and was knocked over with her beauty also.

Good thing elephants aren't pink, I wouldn't recognize them.

Last edited by ironman_01701; 04-19-2012 at 04:57 PM..
Old 04-21-2012, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

^Welcome to the Ledge!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Greetings from Italy :)

Hi everyone!
First of all, I'd like to apologize for my bad english (I try to improve every day!).
My name is Laura and I'm a 29 years old italian girl who knew FM before, but started to listen to them only in 2009/2010. The first song I heard was "Little lies" and it's still my fav (I made also my ex girlfriend going mad with it at the time and now that we still are friends, I'm making her know other songs).
My fav singer in the band is Christine, as you can figure from my nickname!
She's like a Goddess to me: her voice, her beauty, her charisma.. totally wonderful, PERFECT in name and in fact!
I regret being born only in 1983, because I lost all the best years and, above all, I could NEVER see a FM concert with Chris
Since I'm a very 70-80's type of person (and proud of it!), I don't fit so well into modern society and I always get along better with older people than people my own age, in love and in friendship. They understand and often share my interests, while young people today doesn't even know how to read a real book, to write without using text messages language, how to use a record player, the beauty of being free to take a paper and write with a real pen, instead of a computer, etc... Imagine if they know Fleetwood Mac!
Thus, FM allow me to imagine a different kind of life, of world, of music and culture. A magical time, an easyer lifestyle that will never come back.

My hobbies are graphics, photography, journalism, paranormal, travel, cooking, United States (specially LA and the whole California, where I wish I could live someday); I work as a publicist, but I'm still looking for a stable work. Since 2001/2002 I'm a webmaster and forum administrator, so I hope, even if I'm young and still inexperienced in FM, to be helpful because I like to create wallpapers, animated gif, avatars, banners, layout, photo montages, videos and everything can be used in a forum/site.
I've already created a lot of wallpapers about Chris and my first video-tribute, which has been already uploaded on Youtube. I will post my creations in this forum; if you have some requests, you can ask me and I'll se what can I do for you

Thanks for your attention and have a nice day!

Laura
"Chris_Lover"
Old 05-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^Welcome, fellow Chris lover!!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you so much, Homer!
It's a pleasure for me to be here, because it's my first time on a FM forum. I hope to socialize, make friends and meet other people who love Christine as me (and you)

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 05-17-2012 at 07:14 AM..
Old 06-18-2012, 12:58 PM
WhippityP
This message has been deleted by WhippityP.