Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Sooooo who does Bama have this week?

Tim Teebow was lining up as a wide receiver for the Broncos on Sunday. He didn't touch the ball, but the local sports announcers were beside themselves...

[/IMG]

We have those pigs from Arkansas this week.
I think I loathe them more than Auburn.

I saw Tim blocking. I hope one day he gets his chance
at being the starting QB.

ROLL TIDE!
Old 09-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^ So literally...those pigs from Arkansas, eh? Made me laugh.

For ChiliD and his Oklahoma Sooners...I caught this news article...

BTW....where is Estranged4life? I would like to read more of his comments on "Blow U.".... Are you out there BrianJ ???

===============================================

If the University of Oklahoma is to stay in the Big 12, it will do so only if the conference adds regulations on ESPN's Longhorn Network and ousts commissioner Dan Beebe, according to a report in The Oklahoman Tuesday.

The Oklahoman, citing a high-ranking Big 12 official, reported Oklahoma president David Boren said Monday the school would decide between applying for the Pac-12 or staying in the Big 12. The source stressed that reforms would be necessary for Oklahoma to remain in the Big 12.

MacGregor: End of the Line for the NCAA

We've finally reached critical mass. It's time to blow up the NCAA and find a new approach to college sports, writes Jeff MacGregor. Story

"It's going to take major, major reforms," the source said. "We'd have to have an interim commissioner."

According to the source, the Big 12 presidents don't believe Beebe handled the departures of Nebraska and Texas A&M adequately. The Big 12 has lost three members in the last 15 months, and, according to the source, "the relationships were so bad (with) the commissioner."

According to the Big 12 bylaws, a majority vote among the member schools is needed to oust the commissioner.

Beebe received an extension through June 2015 from the Big 12 in November 2010. University of Missouri chancellor Brady Deaton, chairman of the league's board of directors, said Beebe had been "an outstanding leader" during challenging times.

Beebe received a raise from $661,000 to $997,000 in 2009 before the Big 12's first near breakup.

Oklahoma has also demanded that Texas modify some of its plans for the Longhorn Network. Big 12 members were angered by the network's agreement with Fox Sports to move a conference game to the Longhorn Network and its decision to show high school highlights after the Big 12 voted to keep televised high school games off school-branded networks.

The source told the Oklahoman that a move by Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to the Pac-12 wasn't inevitable.

The University of Oklahoma's board of regents and its counterpart at Texas granted their school presidents Monday the authority to take action regarding conference realignment.

The moves clear the way for the Sooners and Longhorns to apply formally to the Pac-12, with whom they have been undergoing discussions in recent days on how to make the schools' addition to the conference work.

After the regents meeting had adjourned, Boren admitted he's had "very warm and constructive discussions" with Pac-12 officials, but wouldn't say when the Sooners might apply for conference membership.

The SEC has informally agreed to add Missouri to the conference and move Auburn to the SEC East, according to a report in the Birmingham News.

The News, citing two sources familiar with the discussions, said a majority of SEC presidents have endorsed the agreement, though a timetable for the move remains unknown. Missouri would become the conference's 14th member, as the SEC already plans to add Texas A&M as the 13th member.

Earlier Tuesday, the Kansas City Star reported that the SEC was going to offer Missouri a spot in the conference, and would wait until the Big 12 dust settled for an answer. The Star cited a Mizzou booster who spoke directly to a school official. Another source told The Star on Tuesday that an Oklahoma official had said the SEC is interested in Missouri, the Star reported.

But the SEC said Tuesday afternoon that the only invitation it had issued was to Texas A&M.

Information from ESPN.com's David Ubben and The Associated Press was used in this report.

======================================================

oh and before I forget...I should pay my proper respects to this thread...

Old 09-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Any Suh/Detroit Lions Fans or Bob Seger/Kid Rock fans? This article is kinda cool....

I wonder if anyone besides me and iamnotafraid is reading this thread???

Where are you college football fans???

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...ise-wants-more
Old 09-24-2011, 03:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I wonder if anyone besides me and iamnotafraid is reading this thread???

Where are you college football fans???
They've all conceded the championship to Bama.
And I really believe ChiliD wants to say the famous
words...

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

here piggy, piggy
I smell bacon
Old 09-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There is a rumour floating that Alabama will leave the SEC (to be replaced by Texas A&M) and go independent. The reason being Bama can make more money with it's own TV deal and not share with the rest of the SEC. Just saying!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
There is a rumour floating that Alabama will leave the SEC (to be replaced by Texas A&M) and go independent...
The SEC hopes Alabama goes to the NFL.

ROLL TIDE!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There is a rumour floating that Alabama will leave the SEC (to be replaced by Texas A&M) and go independent. The reason being Bama can make more money with it's own TV deal and not share with the rest of the SEC. Just saying!
Very interesting...it's well known that there is unrest in the Big 12...gotta ask my son (who is a senior at CU-Boulder) what he knows. That kid spends more time on college football than he does on his accounting degree...

How's Kentucky doing?
Old 09-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Very interesting...it's well known that there is unrest in the Big 12...gotta ask my son (who is a senior at CU-Boulder) what he knows. That kid spends more time on college football than he does on his accounting degree...

How's Kentucky doing?
UK was just blown out by Florida 48-10. It was 21-0 after just four minutes! UK will win only one more game this year, Jacksonville State, an embarrassment to even have on the schedule.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
UK was just blown out by Florida 48-10. It was 21-0 after just four minutes! UK will win only one more game this year, Jacksonville State, an embarrassment to even have on the schedule.
Now....watch those bastards from Jacksonville State get some magic and some energy and almost win.... (It happens every time....)
Old 10-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gator meat for sale,
Gator meat for sale

And now the obligatory...

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LSU, you should thank us for softening up
those Gators for you.

Get ready, here it comes...

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kentucky goes down 54 - 3 to South Carolina continuing its winless conference run.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I see that Bama is indeed on a roll....

Huskers damn near lost last weekend and would have had Ohio State's QB been able to finish the game.

And when they played Wisconsin? That was downright painful.

Still JWS...can Kentucky hold a candle to CU, who is 1-5 ??? AND, just suspended 5 players indefinitely for breaking team rules... Embree says he ain't sticking around for 5 years with a bunch of losers....

Ah...college football...gotta love it.....
Old 10-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yes BAMA is rolling.

But the NFL is killing me. My Dolphins stink.
They need to clean house from top to bottom. Even
the owner needs to go. And Tim Tebow finally gets
his chance. But it's against my Dolphins! Rats!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Huskers damn near lost last weekend and would have had Ohio State's QB been able to finish the game.

And when they played Wisconsin? That was downright painful.

Still JWS...can Kentucky hold a candle to CU, who is 1-5 ??? AND, just suspended 5 players indefinitely for breaking team rules... Embree says he ain't sticking around for 5 years with a bunch of losers....

UK may not win another game. If they lose to D-2 Jacksonsville State, at home, next week...it's doomsday for the Joker (Phillips, head coach). We're back where we started with the Curry years. Jacksonsville State (Alabama) was scheduled as a cupcake win...now in doubt.

I'm looking forward to going to the Stanford v USC game at the Coliseum on 10/29. If you've never been there, the Los Angeles Coliseum is a national historical landmark like Michigan Stadium and Notre Dame. It's very old, but home to two Olympic Games and USC going back to the 20's. I'm always good for at least one game a year there. You walk through that tunnel to the field and it's just awesome with 95,000 seats.

I know LSU, Ohio State and Michigan have similar or better fan experience.

Last edited by JWS; 10-12-2011 at 09:10 PM..