User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I was able to get into the message board on Christine's website just now. I was able to access it by disabling Java in my browser and when I clicked on my bookmark for her message board, it came up. I tried posting a new post and it didn't work, but I was able to read all the old posts. So if anyone wants to rescue a thread from over there and re-start it over here, those threads *are* available.

My browser is Firefox on a Windows system -- I don't know if this would work with Internet Explorer or any of the other browsers. And it doesn't *fix* the problem, just makes it so we can still get that old information. We had some good threads going over there when we got hacked. (May the person who hacked our board be submerged slowly, toe first, in a vat of boiling oil, while being forced to listen to fingernails scraping across a blackboard.)
Can anyone bring over any threads here that may be of interest to some on this board? I'm using Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP. I don't know what java is or how to disable it. I'd be afraid to do that if I knew what it meant. Also, I don't have the bookmark of the message board anymore. I deleted it since I thought the board was gone.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
Can anyone bring over any threads here that may be of interest to some on this board? I'm using Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP. I don't know what java is or how to disable it. I'd be afraid to do that if I knew what it meant. Also, I don't have the bookmark of the message board anymore. I deleted it since I thought the board was gone.
Here's the one that first got hacked.
http://www.christinemcvie.com/forum/
Here's the one we were using recently.
http://www.christinemcvie.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1
Old 10-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i'll have internet access this weekend, so i can try to bring some threads over then. any suggestions on which ones to import ?

and to add to our list of hacker curses:

may the cat eat you, and may that cat be eaten by the devil!!
Old 10-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Here's the one that first got hacked.
http://www.christinemcvie.com/forum/
Here's the one we were using recently.
http://www.christinemcvie.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1
Thanks, Homer.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
i'll have internet access this weekend, so i can try to bring some threads over then. any suggestions on which ones to import ?
Thanks, Aisling. I really don't want to start disabling stuff on my computer, especially since I wouldn't really know what I was doing.

Why don't you import what you think. You might want to bring over that last thread...you know He's at it again. I don't think we were done with that one.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks, Aisling. I really don't want to start disabling stuff on my computer, especially since I wouldn't really know what I was doing.

Why don't you import what you think. You might want to bring over that last thread...you know He's at it again. I don't think we were done with that one.
ha ha ha, i can already tell that one's going to be really popular over here.

anyway, i'm driving out of the city after work. depending on what time i get in tonight, i might be able to do it later this evening.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ha ha ha, i can already tell that one's going to be really popular over here.
Aisling, I see you already imported that thread. Amazingly, there was already a reply.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Aisling, I see you already imported that thread. Amazingly, there was already a reply.
yeah go figure. anyway, i tried the java disabling method as suggested by joanne, but i can't get it to work. i was able to get the 'he's at it again' thread by taking the source code on the hacked main page and then recreating the real page on my hard drive. anyway the way i did it is a really long and tedious process, so it might take me a while to get certain threads over here. some of them are really long, i never noticed before!

again, if anyone has a "favourite" thread that they want rescued, please let me know.

but i will say right now that i refuse to import the game thread. that would probably take a decade. LOL
Old 10-28-2006, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah go figure. anyway, i tried the java disabling method as suggested by joanne, but i can't get it to work. i was able to get the 'he's at it again' thread by taking the source code on the hacked main page and then recreating the real page on my hard drive. anyway the way i did it is a really long and tedious process, so it might take me a while to get certain threads over here. some of them are really long, i never noticed before!

again, if anyone has a "favourite" thread that they want rescued, please let me know.

but i will say right now that i refuse to import the game thread. that would probably take a decade. LOL
You must really be a tech wiz. I'm impressed. Why don't you try to import the threads that had the most recent responses, assuming they're not too long. Don't worry about the game thread. I'll bet that might be the longest thread on the board.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone tried Chris own forum lately? I get a different failure message now. I don't know if that means that someone's working on it, or???

We should all email Martin again.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Anyone tried Chris own forum lately? I get a different failure message now. I don't know if that means that someone's working on it, or???

We should all email Martin again.
It certainly looks different. I don't know whether that's a good sign or not!

I'm not sure emailing Martin Wyatt would help. Either he already knows about it because he's got someone on the case or he knows nothing and therefore can't help.

Gail
Old 11-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That Turkish hacker message is gone. Now it says something about not being able to connect to the server. I don't know what all that stuff means. Someone definitely did something to it. I hope they're trying to move it to a new server, but I don't want to get my hopes up. The main page of the website is still the same, by the way.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i'm not exactly sure what happened, but i have a few theories. the most likely one is that the database was altered or deleted. either our turkish hacker did it (although i personally think that kind of work is too complicated for what his skill set seems to be), or someone legitimately went in and did it. the weird thing is that the actual pages still exist, they just won't display because of the failed connection to the database. if someone, like the webmaster, wanted to just get rid of the whole thing why keep the pages alive?

i hope that someone is trying to fix it. but i couldn't be completely wrong about all this, so, i won't get to excited about the possibility.

the sad thing is that if no one is trying to fix it, i can't go in and get any more threads. there were so many old ones that i never got around to picking up.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
the sad thing is that if no one is trying to fix it, i can't go in and get any more threads. there were so many old ones that i never got around to picking up.
That is sad. There were some great old threads that are probably gone forever. At least you were able to salvage a few.

I hadn't even considered that it could have been that Turkish hacker. I would think it is more likely that it's someone either trying to fix it or just getting rid of it. The actual website(christinemcvie.com) is still intact.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Ledgie

well crap is sure is the word of the year! I totally sucks that Christine's forum is completely gone, I can't even find a single link to the forum. Hacker's suck donkey balls with no looking back. I hope they are proud!! But it's good to see everyone here on the Ledge!