Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
:sigh: I love Bekka.
Me too!!! I thought Bekka was AWESOME. Too bad they didn't give that lineup a chance...
Old 02-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Me too!!! I thought Bekka was AWESOME. Too bad they didn't give that lineup a chance...
I think they tried to give it a chance, i mean they took it on the road etc... i remember John telling me at that time that he found it so frustrating that the record company was not promoting them at all, he couldn't find a sign of a new FM album anywhere.

-Lis
Old 02-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
I think they tried to give it a chance, i mean they took it on the road etc... i remember John telling me at that time that he found it so frustrating that the record company was not promoting them at all, he couldn't find a sign of a new FM album anywhere.

-Lis
They had COMPLETED the tour before the Time album was even released!! Had they continued to tour subsequent to the album's release, it would've been a little better received, I think. AND, they would've HAD to have played more than just the TWO songs from Time in their concert set. A little more Fleetwood Mac and a little less Dave Mason solo material also would've helped the cause.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

-Lis
I saw a show, and I remember people all around me bitching about "this wasn't EVEN FM!" Bekka did "Dreamin' the Dream", and I became her FAN.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
They had COMPLETED the tour before the Time album was even released!! Had they continued to tour subsequent to the album's release, it would've been a little better received, I think. AND, they would've HAD to have played more than just the TWO songs from Time in their concert set. A little more Fleetwood Mac and a little less Dave Mason solo material also would've helped the cause.
All very true. I always forget that they toured before it. I guess they did that because it was the summer and that was 'prime touring time'...? esp since they were doing small little outdoor arenas etc. Molly was out w/ John on that tour, such a cutie pie, tossing out her little rose petals at the end.

Didn't the album come out in October? I guess it would've been hard to tour in the months directly following that. But still, kind of a weird decision.

-Lis
Old 02-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I saw a show, and I remember people all around me bitching about "this wasn't EVEN FM!" Bekka did "Dreamin' the Dream", and I became her FAN.
It's a pity that Time wasn't so well received by FM fans. Despite being a completely devoted Lindsey Buckingham fan, I actually really enjoy this album. I even have the promo poster for it hanging on my wall. It's just too bad that I wasn't really aware of the band when it came out. I would have enjoyed seeing Bekka Bramlett and Billy Burnette play (and Christine, too).
Time is actually one of the few FM albums that I enjoy from start to finish. I even like Fleetwood's "These Strange Times." This album got me started as a Billy fan, I've bought several of his solo albums since, and I bought Bekka and Billy which I also love.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
It's a pity that Time wasn't so well received by FM fans. Despite being a completely devoted Lindsey Buckingham fan, I actually really enjoy this album. I even have the promo poster for it hanging on my wall. It's just too bad that I wasn't really aware of the band when it came out. I would have enjoyed seeing Bekka Bramlett and Billy Burnette play (and Christine, too).
Time is actually one of the few FM albums that I enjoy from start to finish. I even like Fleetwood's "These Strange Times." This album got me started as a Billy fan, I've bought several of his solo albums since, and I bought Bekka and Billy which I also love.
I also have a huge promo poster, I love it! Time is really not a bad album (if you take off the dave mason stuff.)

BTW Chris wasn't on that tour w/ them.

-Lis
Old 02-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I also have a huge promo poster, I love it! Time is really not a bad album (if you take off the dave mason stuff.)

BTW Chris wasn't on that tour w/ them.

-Lis
Oh. Well I still would have enjoyed Bekka and Billy. I actually like Dave Mason's contributions but then, with four singers in the group - plus a track by Mick, there wasn't much of Dave's stuff to speak of.