User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-29-2023, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I came close to buying the boxset of pre-1975 material, but to be honest, as I’ve gotten older, I’ve been downsizing as much as possible my collection of CDs, DVDs, and books. I guess I thought buying that boxset was going in the opposite direction of what I was trying to accomplish, but your post has encouraged me to reconsider. Thanks FuzzyPlum
Ha, I understand. But in this day and age, it’s not essential to be buying physical box sets. I often just play songs or albums through YouTube. In fact, I presently have Down at the Crown blaring through my TV : )

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-29-2023, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

PS….this may have been asked before….it may be rude of me to ask….but how old are you bwboy? I guess you’re not actually a boy!!!!!
btw….I’m 49

Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-29-2023, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
PS….this may have been asked before….it may be rude of me to ask….but how old are you bwboy? I guess you’re not actually a boy!!!!!
btw….I’m 49
Not at all rude! I’m 52. My parents recently passed and I guess I’ve become more aware of my own mortality. I recently completed my will, and since I don’t have children and never will, I guess I’ve been more sensitive that my siblings and nieces/nephews aren’t going to want to deal with my various collections LOL when I do pass. I can see someone selling my FM Deluxe Editions for a buck, not realizing they could get a lot more for them.
Old 12-29-2023, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Name your favorite top two performances by each player of an instrument in Fleetwood Mac
Ok I’ll play

Peter: Green Manalishi, Oh Well
Mick: Sands of Time, Hypnotized
John: Bare Trees, I’m So Afraid
Danny: World in Harmony, Woman of a 1,000 Years
Bob: Future Games, She’s Changing Me
Christine: Come a Little Bit Closer, You Make Lovin’ Fun
Lindsey: I’m So Afraid, Tusk
Old 12-30-2023, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I came close to buying the boxset of pre-1975 material, but to be honest, as I’ve gotten older, I’ve been downsizing as much as possible my collection of CDs, DVDs, and books. I guess I thought buying that boxset was going in the opposite direction of what I was trying to accomplish, but your post has encouraged me to reconsider. Thanks FuzzyPlum
So IF $tevie was on it, you WOULD own it? Not trying to beat you down, just trying to get you to admit it.
Old 12-30-2023, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So IF $tevie was on it, you WOULD own it? Not trying to beat you down, just trying to get you to admit it.
Stevie memorised every track on that box set before joining the band.
Old 12-30-2023, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Back to front
Old 12-30-2023, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
bwboy….as a New Year’s resolution, I’d urge you to maybe gen up on pre-75. I think you’ll be surprised. I envy you having a lot of great music to discover.
I am one of those who are not so involved in the pre-75 music, except for singles included in The Chain boxset, and the Bare Trees album.

What album do you recomend to start discovering that great music? The full albums are in YouTube so it's easy to start for free before deciding what album to buy.
Old 12-30-2023, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I am one of those who are not so involved in the pre-75 music, except for singles included in The Chain boxset, and the Bare Trees album.

What album do you recomend to start discovering that great music? The full albums are in YouTube so it's easy to start for free before deciding what album to buy.
Well, Bare Trees has a lot of gems on it.
Personally I'd vouch for Mystery to Me as a starter.
As much as anything, even if you do not care for the music of Bob and Danny, those 70-74 albums hold a great insight into the songwriting development of Christine.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-30-2023, 08:15 AM
Macfan4life
This message has been deleted by Macfan4life.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As much as anything, even if you do not care for the music of Bob and Danny, those 70-74 albums hold a great insight into the songwriting development of Christine.
I started with Heroes are Hard to Find and bought all the Fleetwood Mac albums from current releases to their earliest. That’s how I got into the pre Buckingham Nicks era. I agree that you can really see how Christine’s songs just get better and better over the years.
Old 12-30-2023, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I started with Heroes are Hard to Find and bought all the Fleetwood Mac albums from current releases to their earliest. That’s how I got into the pre Buckingham Nicks era. I agree that you can really see how Christine’s songs just get better and better over the years.
I sort of did the same thing. I went and bought Heroes first.
Chris and Welch both joining the band for Future Games had the same profound impact on the band as Buck/Nicks did IMHO. With each album forward they seemed to get more polished.
Mystery To Me, Heroes, and Bare Trees are sensational. Future Games is good but IMHO not nearly as good as those 3. They got better with every release. I wish Weston was around for Heroes because Heroes is on the edge of being just as good as Mystery To Me and I wonder if he could have pushed it over the edge.
Old 12-30-2023, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
It was her decision for them to join.
Old 12-30-2023, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Heroes is my LEAST favorite. Timing is everything in life. For years, I only had Heroes on vinyl(and I'm not a big vinyl guy), so I never really gave it much of a chance. Mystery To Me SHOULD have been a big hit. It's as good as Rumours. For years, Mystery was my pool album. I'd crank it up every summer afternoon, and swim around listening(I loaded the disc with extras, so I got a full 80 minutes in the pool. Priorities, people........swimming naked, you need extended play!

So I'd say start with Mystery, then Future Games and then Bare Trees. BUT, if the 5 disc set is still available, go for that. I didn't pay much for it, either. I don't remember how much, but I'd say about $25. I got my Mirage boxed set for half price, too. I don't dress up in chiffon, so I can wait a month or two for it to be marked down on some sites.
Old 12-30-2023, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
*taking cover*

If anything, I don't care for......gulp......the Peter Green albums(hides head in the sand).

They just don't do it for me, other than Oh Well, Green Manalishi, and a couple other songs. But I love the Bob Welch years. Hmm, maybe Christine has to be in the band for me to like it?
Old 12-30-2023, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From the few Peter Green songs I remember, my favorite is Man of the World.