Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2003, 11:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Who had to EAT FAN CLUB SEATS?

I was wondering how many fan club people had to eat the fan club seats? I've read a lot of posts talking about people buying better seats the week of the show. Was everyone able to get rid of their inferior fan club seats? Just curious if you had to give them away or got any money to help lessen the cost to upgrade. It's great how a lot of people snagged the good seats in the end. Too bad the fan club didn't have anything to do with it.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:39 PM
Ledgie

I happily bought 11th row seats from a a club member who upgraded. i paid regular face value. i'm thrilled , and also thrilled that i didn't pay 60 or 80 bucks extra for them!!

USA Today 4/27/03 ~ Stevie
"We are very blessed. Our music has been the tapestry of so many people's lives. People in their 50s will hear this music and go, 'I want to go back and live in that time.' We are like the Pied Piper. We'll draw them in and lift them up with these songs. I don't care if we don't sell 20 million copies. If we sell 2 million and add a couple of songs to the repertoire people love, that's more important to us."
Old 05-12-2003, 12:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Good to know that everyone in your transaction was happy. Seats in the 11th row seem to be among the very best of the fan club seats so you did very well not paying the extra bucks to join. You also got lucky enough to find a fan club member who actually got the type of seats the fan club said members would get. Maybe the fan club seats weren't that bad afterall?
Old 05-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got row 17 for Portland through the fan club, but I sold them already and upgraded to row 6, of course paying extra. So the fan club was a bust for me.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 05-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Ledgie

lots of tickets on ebay are sellin cheap. don't know if their from fan club.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Angry Add me to the list

Yes, I "ate" my first set of tickets that I bought via the fan club pre-sale.

NO ONE at my workplace or at the venue wanted them. A scalper at the show only wanted one of my two tickets (at $125 each) and he was willing to give me $30 for it.

So, although I was blessed with second row center seats (and for that experience it was worth it!), it cost me actually $250 per seat.

Oh, I can't think about my credit card bill right now...
Old 05-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Junior Ledgie

Angry I too will be eating!

Not real pleased with the fan club experience.
I am "stuck" with 2 extra pair - one pair for the Thursday 6/19
Minneapolis show and one pair for the Friday 6/20 Minneapolis
show.
Should have avoided the whole fan club deal and could have bought seats as good as or better in today's public sale
for the Friday show.
Got notice for a presale from the venue and jumped in
for Friday tickets - and then got the fan club notice for their presale - too late.

Any ideas on selling the extras.
Why doesn't this forum have a tickets thread?
Other FM sites with ticket forums?
Old 05-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm looking at eating one of mine - unless somebody wants 13th row floor center Cleveland for tomorrow?! Electronic ticket can be forwarded to you immediately!

Old 05-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had three tickets for the 20th row from the fan club, and ate $250 of it. Luckily I'm a spoiled brat and mommy paid for the seats I actually used, but I was told if I buy extra tickets, I have to pay for whatever we don't get for the old ones. I didn't care though...being about five feet from Lindsey and twelve feet from Stevie was WELL worth it. When I saw our seats I honestly nearly fainted (due to my anxiety, if I get too excited I get very dizzy). So, I DO mean literally fainted. But yeah, screw the fan club. I just hope and pray if they come to Pittsburgh again, I'll get front row seats. I know that's truly a hard thing to do, but I'd even approach someone in the front row to exchange seats with me and give them like, a $500 bonus for doing so JUST to sit up front. That kind of thing spoils you...so if you've never sat that close, I don't know if I'd recommend it becuase you'll never be satisfied again.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer386
but I'd even approach someone in the front row to exchange seats with me and give them like, a $500 bonus for doing so JUST to sit up front. That kind of thing spoils you...so if you've never sat that close, I don't know if I'd recommend it becuase you'll never be satisfied again.
I had 4th row at the Dance, and I saw someone come up to the front and offer the people front and center $500 for their seats, plus gave them their other seats. Needless to say, FM's security guy was out there and gave those people (who bought the front seats for $500) backstage passes. No kidding. I damn near died.

And I'll absolutely agree it's a bad thing to have front row. I've had 4th for FM, TISL, 5th for Tom Petty, and front for Metallica, and it absolutely does spoil you. I'm not that close this time, and it's killing me!

Maria
Old 05-13-2003, 05:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
I'm looking at eating one of mine - unless somebody wants 13th row floor center Cleveland for tomorrow?! Electronic ticket can be forwarded to you immediately!
It's a shame you can't get something for such a good seat. If I could be there I'd give face value.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For the first time since my underwhelming fan club experience , I took a peek at Mick's board. They have a 4 page thread for re-selling tickets.

What a riot!

Everyone who got burned in the fan club is trying to sell their lousy seats to each other! Hahahahaha!

Not that funny, is it?
Old 05-16-2003, 01:39 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by glitter_fades
For the first time since my underwhelming fan club experience , I took a peek at Mick's board. They have a 4 page thread for re-selling tickets.

What a riot!

Everyone who got burned in the fan club is trying to sell their lousy seats to each other! Hahahahaha!

Not that funny, is it?
No, it's rather sad. There seem to be many people who spent more than they could really afford buying lousy fan club seats and then buying better seats after the fan club sale and then not being able to sell their fan club seats or taking a big discount to sell them.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb Hmmmm...

Seems like a lot of tickets are going down the toilet, yet these shows are selling well. I smell a conspiracy theory here...

-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 05-19-2003, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder just how many people bought multiple sets of tickets and had to eat the not so great ones? I bet that due to this there will be some empty seats in the venues. Sales will say otherwise not knowing that some of these sales were made by the same people who are sitting there in other seats---hopefully better ones than their first ones.
Just my opinion on this.

I did go on TM a week before the Worcester shows and upgraded my ticket for the second night. My friend was happy to get a better seat (my original one since his was definitely nosebleed seat). I gave it to him out of the goodness of my heart and did not ask for $$. SO I ate the extra on that plus the nosebleed that no one wanted. But Lindsey rocked and it was worth it!!!!

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009

Last edited by macmar71; 06-02-2003 at 09:00 PM..