The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default As the dust settles what’s our timeline?

Now that we must be resigned to move on...what’s the future timeline. Should we be expecting an album release in summer with a summer/fall tour?
Old 04-23-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Now that we must be resigned to move on...what’s the future timeline. Should we be expecting an album release in summer with a summer/fall tour?
that's what i'm hoping for.

but i'm worried something might get messed up now when he's not with FM anymore. like record company messing with his plans. i hope he pushes on. there's no time to waste!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-23-2018, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the video posted on the other board he said he was releasing a best of first and then a full album next year. Now that he's no longer in FM will that have changed? I doubt it.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, was that album that was supposedly being mixed with the Best of or the new studio one??
Old 04-25-2018, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The longer I sit with this devastating news, the more I am inclined to say that this may have been a mutual agreement. Yes, I'm sure tensions were running high. Mick needed money, Stevie didn't want to sit home for a year. After Lindsey didn't "sign on the dotted line" and give in to pressure, he told them to go ahead. They called his bluff and decided to do just that.

They called Mike Campbell and Billy Burnett. Burnett didn't work out in the rehearsals (something was missing), so Mick called his friend Neil Finn.

Though everyone is pissed off, this will give Lindsey time to do his solo small machine thing. He can also enjoy time with his family.

We will see a MASSIVE FAREWELL TOUR in late 2020 going into 2021 with Lindsey "miraculously" returning to the fold. News of the iconic lineup Rumours reuniting will send the farewell tour ticket sales THROUGH THE ROOF. The tour will span the better part of two years, hitting all major markets twice. Don't expect new music, though. I'm just sorry that the Fleetwood Mac brand had to be watered down this way. It's a cheap shot, but what else could we expect?
Old 04-26-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the opposite of mutual.

He was FIRED

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
This is the opposite of mutual.

He was FIRED
some people are delusional.

although i have to say, a few days before it all went down, i started thinking someone is punking us, too.

and, especially if LB is still contractually and legally in the band, i don't exclude the possibility that they'll try the reunion in a few years, especially if the current 6 implodes as colossally as their CBS interview seems to indicate it might. but i really hope Lindsey just says no. he has been on top of his game in this century (as our lists of his songs in the other thread show!), creatively and as a performer, and doesn't have enough time in his life anymore to waste on endless squabbles with the bitter ex.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2018, 10:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

I kind of hope he shelves the album he did and makes a new album using all his frustration from this situation and becomes a little more (musicually) unhinged. He's been soooo careful and cautious to never upset the band (Stevie), and he is now free of the "big machine" that I just want to see him let loose.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWall View Post
I kind of hope he shelves the album he did and makes a new album using all his frustration from this situation and becomes a little more (musicually) unhinged. He's been soooo careful and cautious to never upset the band (Stevie), and he is now free of the "big machine" that I just want to see him let loose.
no no no no no!

we don't need another wait. he should put out those 2 albums he has as he planned, and the way he has now time opened up, he can easily do that album venting the frustrations too. why not have 3 LB albums in the next year or so! and if he wants to do some new songs venting frustrations live on tour, like he did Dancin' on OMS, that would be even better!

Old 04-27-2018, 03:07 PM
Ledgie

I'm sure he will write some great songs as a result of the split, but I just want him to release what he currently has ASAP so he can start touring.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

I totally agree about not wanting him to wait any longer, but he last said the studio album was done and still a year away from release! So just jump in the studio and cut a pissed off record in two weeks and release it to coincide with the FM tour. Then next year he can still release the other
Old 04-27-2018, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New Songs on “Best of” Album?

I wonder if there will be any new songs not the “Best of” album. I also wonder if it will be one disc or two.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
some people are delusional.

although i have to say, a few days before it all went down, i started thinking someone is punking us, too.

and, especially if LB is still contractually and legally in the band, i don't exclude the possibility that they'll try the reunion in a few years, especially if the current 6 implodes as colossally as their CBS interview seems to indicate it might. but i really hope Lindsey just says no. he has been on top of his game in this century (as our lists of his songs in the other thread show!), creatively and as a performer, and doesn't have enough time in his life anymore to waste on endless squabbles with the bitter ex.
These four traitors will blackmail him with fans, if he says 'no'. They will use the fans card because they know Lindsey is the only one who cares about us.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-28-2018 at 09:47 PM..
Old 04-28-2018, 04:59 AM
Registered

He should re-cut Sick of You with updated lyrics and use it as the title of his CD
Old 04-29-2018, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I say this as a big fan...

I personally hope he doesn't release a best of.
My only interest in that would be if the songs
were remastered. And that there would be a
vinyl release.

If he doesn't have a label to release his solo
work then I wish he'd go to Third Man Records.
As I'm sure Jack White would give him a one
record deal. He's done that with many artists.

My dream would be that he and Jack work on
the album together. Mr. White's known for his
quick work in the studio. That would be something
new for Lindsey. And it would get a lot of press.

I want to hear the songs he's writing after this
FM foolishness. And I hope he doesn't hold back.

He and we win in the end. So says Rusty.