The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Although someone's changed it back now...

Oh, I can't be bothered with it all. I'm too old for Wikipedia edit wars. There are more important things in my life than Fleetwood Mac...
Old 04-09-2018, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Although I was bummed out to read LB was fired from the band, I'm actually intrigued to see what Mike Campbell and Neil Finn bring to the Mac. And I do feel a lot of sympathy for LB super fans, who feel understandably outraged and hurt. I loved Behind the Mask so I don't agree that LB was the ONLY thing that made them good. If you believe that, then you're not being realistic.

FM and Rumours are incredible albums, but I've always felt Tusk was when LB really took the reins, and that album took 25 years to be appreciated. Mirage and Tango were ok but not incredible albums, for a variety of different reasons. As Long As You Follow was as good as anything the Rumours crew did, and LB had nothing to do with that song, so I know FM will kick butt on this tour.

Go Your Own Way will probably be the only LB song they sing... along with Blue Letter and Crystal, maybe. I could see Neil Finn singing I Know I'm Not Wrong and or Second Hand News, though.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Although I was bummed out to read LB was fired from the band, I'm actually intrigued to see what Mike Campbell and Neil Finn bring to the Mac. And I do feel a lot of sympathy for LB super fans, who feel understandably outraged and hurt. I loved Behind the Mask so I don't agree that LB was the ONLY thing that made them good. If you believe that, then you're not being realistic.

FM and Rumours are incredible albums, but I've always felt Tusk was when LB really took the reins, and that album took 25 years to be appreciated. Mirage and Tango were ok but not incredible albums, for a variety of different reasons. As Long As You Follow was as good as anything the Rumours crew did, and LB had nothing to do with that song, so I know FM will kick butt on this tour.

Go Your Own Way will probably be the only LB song they sing... along with Blue Letter and Crystal, maybe. I could see Neil Finn singing I Know I'm Not Wrong and or Second Hand News, though.
I don't see the band doing any Lindsey songs period, not even Go Your Own Way. Lindsey did not mind in 1987 because he left on his own accord. It would be pathetic to try to replace Lindsey with doing Lindsey songs. How pathetic. They will move in a new direction. I would be against it but Stevie will want to do a Heartbreaker song. The whole thing irks me so no more comments from me.

I agree with you that its rude and weird Billy and Rick were not called. That would be something and they could have explored old music. Mike plays nothing like Lindsey. Mike plays with an edge but its a shame the tour will not include Hold Me and Isnt It Midnight - both Lindsey/Christine masterpieces
Old 04-09-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think he was the most vision-oriented member of the band. Stevie and Mick are a little all over the place and Christine and John are the opposite, very focused, so I think Lindsey is the one who often steers the ship so to speak. I'm mostly there to see Stevie but even I have to admit, at Fleetwood Mac shows, Lindsey is the lifeblood of the group. His energy sets the tone for the show.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Would you feel the same if they got a new chick singer in and she sang Dreams, Sara, Landslide, Gypsy? I bet not.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Would you feel the same if they got a new chick singer in and she sang Dreams, Sara, Landslide, Gypsy? I bet not.
RIGHT ON AND WELL SPOKEN! This is an outrage!
Old 04-09-2018, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's kind of why I posted my comments on the post-Rumours board, since I understand Lindsey superfans are upset, angry, disappointed, etc. But since we now know LB won't be on the tour, I'm not going to feel bad that I'm interested in what the latest version of FM does, or hope that they do well. I was a big fan of FM when LB was in the band, and I was a big fan of FM when he wasn't.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't see the band doing any Lindsey songs period, not even Go Your Own Way.
They’re doing GYOW, just as they did “Don’t Stop” without Christine. Foregone conclusion.

Quote:
but its a shame the tour will not include ... Isnt It Midnight - both Lindsey/Christine masterpieces
Why not? They did IIM when Billy and Rick were in the band.

Quote:
I had zero issues with Bekka Bramlett singing Christine’s and Stevie’s songs. She did them in a very different style and had an amazing chemistry as a singer and performer with Billy Burnette. I just wish they would have done more new songs.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-10-2018, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

sorry, to me if you bring in new members but you don't do new music with them, you are just a cover band. Imagine if when Stevie and Lindsey joined they were told they had to just perform Peter Green's and Bob Welch's best songs, and that's it? Come on.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

I had zero issues with Bekka Bramlett singing Christine’s and Stevie’s songs. She did them in a very different style and had an amazing chemistry as a singer and performer with Billy Burnette. I just wish they would have done more new songs.
I had lots of issues with it. That's a cover band. Do new material. Hire people to actually add new things to the band. That's what they did when Stevie and Lindsey joined. They brought BN music with them.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They’re doing GYOW, just as they did “Don’t Stop” without Christine. Foregone conclusion.

Why not? They did IIM when Billy and Rick were in the band.

You missed my point Steve
I agree they will do Don't Stop
However I will bet the band will not do any Lindsey songs. He was fired. It would be so strange. Lindsey worked on Tango and the band was promoting it so of course they did songs from the album.
Its just my bet if you want to place it. It just would be so pathetic of trying to replace Lindsey vocally on his own songs. There is enough material to not sound like a cover band.
This is very different. Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine all left the band. None of them were fired...until now. I was looking forward to Buckingham/Nicks songs. I don't think we will see any of those either. We will get Oh Well maybe even Black Magic Woman and Stand Back and a Heartbreaker song.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-10-2018 at 04:19 AM..
Old 04-10-2018, 08:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You missed my point Steve
I agree they will do Don't Stop
However I will bet the band will not do any Lindsey songs. He was fired. It would be so strange. Lindsey worked on Tango and the band was promoting it so of course they did songs from the album.
Its just my bet if you want to place it. It just would be so pathetic of trying to replace Lindsey vocally on his own songs. There is enough material to not sound like a cover band.
This is very different. Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine all left the band. None of them were fired...until now. I was looking forward to Buckingham/Nicks songs. I don't think we will see any of those either. We will get Oh Well maybe even Black Magic Woman and Stand Back and a Heartbreaker song.
I'll take that bet.

If they had no intention of replacing Lindsey vocally, why on earth would they bring in Neil Finn? Mike Campbell can handle (or TRY to handle!) LB's guitar work; Finn is obviously there to handle LB's vocals. Why would he be needed if they weren't planning to perform GYOW, The Chain, and maybe even I'm So Afraid, among others? Plus, if Campbell's going to be given a chance to shine, he has to perform some of LB's solos, which are mostly found in LB tunes.

I predict a minimum of four LB-lead-vocal tunes on this upcoming tour, with Finn handling said vocals.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If Go Your Own Way can be used for an asthma commercial, I think the band will feel comfortable performing it live without Lindsey.

Blue Letter was written by the Curtis Brothers, so that song makes sense. Crystal has that Don't Dream It's Over kind of vibe and was written by SN, so that would be a cool choice and pleasant surprise. Tusk is another possibility, since CM and SN sing so much on it, anyway. The Chain would be fine, and Hold Me might be another possibility. Sentimental Lady? That would be incredible!
Old 04-10-2018, 08:57 AM
Ledgie

After having thought about this some more, it could lead to some wonderful set lists
After being board stupid about the last few tours with the boring set lists
maybe this will change!!

As Long As You Follow
All Over Again
Id rather go blind
Oh Well
I loved another woman
stop messin around
hold me
skies the limit
rattlesnake shake
man of the world
isnt it midnight
love that burns
angel
sisters of the moon

I would pay money to see the older hits and some deep cuts as well as the known hits
Old 04-10-2018, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ha ha
Some of you are insane (teasing )
No new guitarist wants to try to fill Lindsey's shows. No way in hell they are doing I'm So Afraid. That is a Lindsey staple that only he can do. No one in their right mind would want to do it either. This time I bet they may not even do GYOW. Lindsey could ask they not perform it this time. Things are really bad now.

The Chain is a group sing along written by everyone. Its not really a Lindsey song so that I see them doing. The new guys will do classic (pre Lindsey) Mac songs. Maybe Blue Letter like in 1987.
I am trying to see what we can bet. If I am wrong and they perform Lindsey songs, I have to come back to this thread and shame myself.
If you guys are wrong, you must do the same

Now that its been one day to get over this Lindsey debacle I can say another thing.
This Crowded House guy sucks. I have no idea about his guitar skills but I hate his weak and wavering voice. For the love of God, those who love classic rock but hate the Mac because they are too wimpy. How about a man's voice as a singer?
Just like Lindsey's critique of Billy and Rick. You cant replace me so why try. Go in another direction. Gosh his voice is nails down a chalk board IMHO.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-10-2018 at 01:42 PM..