Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation You must!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
(I'm ashamed to admit that I don't own any of...Danny's solo albums -- just a couple stray songs).
You need to hear Danny's solo stuff, it's great!

BTW, JS, Mr. Roper reminds me of my dad. They look eerily similar. LOL
Old 01-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Put me in the Stevie solo fan category. I'm not as obssessive about FM albums, although I was anxious to hear SYW, because w/out Christine, there was room for 1/3 more Stevie.

I also really like Lindsey solo, but that's been a more recent development. Christine is my least favorite of the three, although I did finally break down and get In the Meantime. It's not bad.

And I have no interest in pre-Rumours members' solo work: Bob Welch, Danny Kirwan, etc.

I like some of the Peter Green-era FM, but the Bob Welch-era, I can't stomach.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac is first by a longshot, and all members in the band are better in the band over their solo material (except in the 80's when especially Christine's 84 album was lightyears better then her Mirage crap) And all 3 3 of them had really good solo careers. My favorite solo album by far is Christine's 84 album. That album is perfection. Lindsey's Out of the Cradle is also perfection and is my 2nd favorite solo album. And despite Chris and Lindsey holding the #1 and #2 spots Stevie overall is my favorite solo career, for the simple fact, she gave us the most, and even if that means she has occaisonally given us more crap then the other 2, the good outweighs the bad.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love Love Love Stevie's.. well some of it BD/WH/TISL
I really honestly dislike Lindseys stuff..... Its not the mac stuff.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a big fan of Stevie's solo work. She's my favorite but I also love Lindsey's solo work too. I like some of Christine's solo material from 1984 and a couple of songs from her latest but that's about it.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default solo

I prefer Fleetwood Mac to any solo work. I just love Stevie and Lindsey's voices together. I always enjoy their harmonizing and the way their voices just blend together. So, when they do their solo thing, I always feel like something is missing. I do LOVE OOtC and listen to it alot. I listen to and own all of Stevie's solo stuff..I love much of it, TISL is probably my favorite along with Belladonna. I will take anything they give us at this point but really wish they would forget the solo ventures and do more Mac. (unless they can get their solo albums out quickly and move right into Mac)

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 01-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I got into Stevie's solo work before I was ever into Fleetwood Mac. For awhile, I put her solo work far above everything else. But I got all caught up in the band and the different incarnations of it and have come to appreciate it just as much. I can't really say that any Stevie solo album is more important to me or will get more time in my stereo than, say, Mystery to Me (which, strangely, doesn't feature her at all!) And I don't really prefer Stevie's solo work over her work with FM or vice versa. If I sit down and come up with my top twenty favorite Stevie songs of all time, I can't leave out the Mac songs and can't do exclusively Mac songs. "Sara" is just as important as "Gate and Garden." But I can't help but recognize how much I like the production of the tracks so much more when she's with FM. At first, I didn't care for Christine or Lindsey that much, FM or solo, but both are growing on me. I guess in the end Stevie and Christine will be my favorites, though Lindsey's FM work has really grown on me over the past few months. I'm not sure that I would be into his solo work so much. I also love Bob Welch, Danny, Peter, and Bekka and Billy together, though based on what I've heard of solo material, I think I prefer all of them with FM.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am a Stevie girl, first and foremost. I think I like her solo work more than Fleetwood Mac. Maybe just because its all her! I have never heard any of Christines solo songs, and am not interested in hearing them! I think I have heard one Lindsey solo song.
~*~becky~*~
Old 01-29-2005, 12:15 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yeah Murrow, Come, and Red Rover ARE solo songs.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, yea, but if you put it that way, there are Stevie solo songs on there too! I meant I have only heard one song from his actually solo albums, not released on a Fleetwood Mac album
~*~Becky~*~
Old 01-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

FM first and foremost--always.
When I first became a fan, I was working part-time so I was buying one CD per paycheck. I think I went into the record store to buy Tango and they didn't have it. OOTC was stuffed in the FM section (even though they had a LB section). I didn't even know Lindsey had a solo career, and I bought it. That CD had such a profound effect on me that I actually probably was a bigger Lindsey fan than a Stevie fan at that particular time. She came in a close second but when I heard Enchanted, I was a little overwhelmed, I think.
Then, things reversed themselves when I heard Law and Order and listened to Enchanted in smaller doses;-)
Now, things have pretty much evened out, although I probably would give Stevie a bit of an edge because I've heard so much more of her work than I have of Lindsey's.
I am not, however, a fan of Christine solo at all.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:15 PM
takenbythesky
This message has been deleted by takenbythesky.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInTheWind
Well, yea, but if you put it that way, there are Stevie solo songs on there too! I meant I have only heard one song from his actually solo albums, not released on a Fleetwood Mac album
~*~Becky~*~
No, No, No. Come, Murrow and Red Rover are actual songs from his solo album, I'm not just saying they sound like his solo songs, they were lifted right from his solo album and unchanged on SYW. There are no Stevie FM songs like that.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

FM first and foremost...it was the Mirage concert on HBO that hooked me...

I did the whole Stevie solo stuff for years, and would still buy her next solo album, but I find Lindsey to be much more dynamic and interesting these days.

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 01-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
No, No, No. Come, Murrow and Red Rover are actual songs from his solo album, I'm not just saying they sound like his solo songs, they were lifted right from his solo album and unchanged on SYW. There are no Stevie FM songs like that.
I see. Considering I've never heard nay of his solo albums, I wouldn't have known that. Well in that case, no I don't like LIndsey solo! The only one of those three I like is Red Rover.

~*~becky~*~
Old 01-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye

What solo album? It wasn't finished.