Addicted Ledgie

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac-Peter Green
Mr. Wonderful-Peter Green
Then Play On-Peter Green
Kiln House-Danny Kirwan
Future Games-Christine/Bob Welch
Bare Trees-Christine
Penguin-Christine, by a mile
Mystery To Me-Christine/Bob Welch(can't decide, the whole album's perfect)
Heroes Are Hard To Find-Christine
White Album-Christine
Rumours-Christine, but Lindsey is very close behind
Tusk-Christine/Stevie(it's a tie)
Mirage-Christine, then Stevie
Tango In The Night-Christine, by a mile. She saved this album.
Behind The Mask-Christine, with Billy close behind
Time-Christine, but Bekka's not far behind
Dance-Christine
Say You Will-Lindsey

Last edited by macfan 57; 01-13-2004 at 06:56 AM..
Old 01-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

One question...have you LISTENED to Stevie's tunes on BTM?

are u saying u like them or u dont??

as for rick and billy, i can barely bring myself to listen to some of their tracks. what, oh what must lindsey have been thinking when he heard 'when the sun goes down'?? im sorry,its embarassing.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I'll do the albums that I have...

Mystery To Me: I can't decide! Chris and Bob are both great...
White Album: Stevie
Rumours: Christine
Tusk: Lindsey (again, really hard to decide! Everyone was at the top of their games. But it really was Lindsey's masterpiece, so it goes to him)
Live: Stevie
Mirage: Lindsey
Tango: Christine
Behind The Mask: Once again, Christine
The Dance: Lindsey
Say You Will: Stevie
Old 01-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bare Trees~Danny Kirwan
Penguin~Christine McVie
Mystery To Me~Christine McVie
Heroes Are Hard To Find~Christine McVie
Fleetwood Mac~Christine McVie
Rumours~Lindsey Buckingham
Tusk~Stevie Nicks
Mirage~Lindsey Buckingham
Tango In The Night~Christine McVie
Behind The Mask~Christine McVie
Time~Christine McVie
The Dance~Lindsey Buckingham
Say You Will~Very hard to decide and I will have to say on this one it is a tie between Stevie and Lindsey.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 01-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

-Future Games- Danny Kirwan (Woman of a Thousand Years is just GORGEOUS)
-Bare Trees- Hmmm... Chris and Bob have so few songs on this album, but the ones they do have rock (except Homeward Bound... I hate the vocal on that one)... So I'll say Bob Welch, because I love all of his songs on BT.
-Penguin- Dave Walker . I'm actually half serious here. I love Road Runner and the Derelict, but I'd have to say Chris' songs are the best.
-Mystery to Me- WHAT A CRUEL THING TO DO, MAKING ME CHOOSE A FAVE FROM MTM!!! I love, love, LOVE all the songs on here (even Forever), so it's a tie, end of story.
-Heroes Are Hard to Find- Bob Welch (But I do love Prove Your Love and Come a Little Bit Closer)
-Fleetwood Mac- Christine. Stevie's songs on this album are *so* much better live, and Lindsey's are mediocre at best (except Blue Letter) on this one.
-Rumours- Christine... I love all of her songs on here, and I think it has some of her best vocal work. All of Rumours is great (except Dreams... if I hear that song one more time, I'll scream), but Chris' songs really shine on here, imo.
-Tusk- See my thoughts on MTM. Tusk is perfection, not one bad song on it. But, if you're making me choose.... Lindsey Buckingham. His songs are flawless on Tusk, end of story. But Stevie's are excellent too, and so are Christine's, but I'm not too fond of Honey Hi.
-Live- Stevie... Rhiannon and Fireflies come to mind.
-Mirage- Lindsey. I don't see why everyone hates Lindsey's Mirage songs, I think they're some of his greatest (Especially EOTW... Oh yeah )
-Tango- Lindsey and Christine tied. Stevie's songs are alright, but I think that Lindsey and Chris save this album.
-Behind The Mask- Christine's are the best.
-Time- I can't really say, because I truly dislike this album, not just because it's cool to hate Time. Bekka's vocals on here make me cringe, Billy's songs get on my nerves to no end, Dave's are alright, and Chris' are kind of mediocre compared to some of her other songs. I'll have to say that I like Dave Mason's the most.
-The Dance- All of them. Impossible to choose from that one.
-Say You Will- DEFINITELY Lindsey.

Last edited by xdreamsunwindx; 01-12-2004 at 05:57 PM..
Old 01-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by goldustboi
One question...have you LISTENED to Stevie's tunes on BTM?

are u saying u like them or u dont??

as for rick and billy, i can barely bring myself to listen to some of their tracks. what, oh what must lindsey have been thinking when he heard 'when the sun goes down'?? im sorry,its embarassing.
"Affairs Of The Heart" is mediocre, but listenable (alternate versions are MUCH better than what was released)

"Love Is Dangerous" is pretty good, but pales in comparison to Rick Vito's own solo version.

"Freedom" is ok, probably would've been better had she recorded it on a solo album with the Heartbreakers backing her...then recorded "Whole Lotta Trouble" with this incarnation of Fleetwood Mac. And, again, there are much better alternate versions of this than what was finally released.

"The Second Time" is the worst piece of tripe Fleetwood Mac has ever recorded. (and by far the only "bad" song on BTM, IMEBHO)

Who gives a sh*t what Buckingham thought? He didn't want to be in Fleetwood Mac anymore and at the time, I thought "good riddance". I happen to think "When The Sun Goes Down" is one of the better tracks on Behind The Mask...then again, I LIKE Zydeco music...plus, the vocal harmonies on it are amazing.

The fact is that both Billy Burnette's & Rick Vito's best tunes (recorded for BTM) were left "in the can" and not released on BTM.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Then Play On and Mr. Wonderful - Peter Green, of course

Mystery to Me - Christine for Why

Penguin - Christine for Did You Ever Love Me

Bare Trees - Bob Welch for Sentimental Lady. Love that song.

White Album - Christine - but S&L's songs on here reach their greatest potential live

Rumours - DEFINITELY Lindsey, ALL of his songs on that album are AWESOME.

Tusk - Stevie - Sara and Angel put her over the top on this one.

Live - Stevie for Fireflies and Rhiannon.

Mirage - definitely Stevie.

TITN - Lindsey. I may hate Family Man, but the other songs are there are much better than the infamous WTTR....S and WISYA. Blech.

BTM - I guess Stevie. Haven't listened to it in a while, though.

Time - Christine

The Dance - counting the old ones, Lindsey. His songs shine live.

SYW - tie. EFO and TD are so great, Silver Girl and Illume so bad. I love SYHA and Red Rover, but Murrow is blah. So I'll just answer with "both" lol

Last edited by sodascouts; 01-12-2004 at 07:29 PM..
Old 01-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Future Games - Tie, Christine and Bob. They both have the best songs on the album (Morning Rain, Future Games) and it's a toss up between them.

Penguin - Christine, hands down!

Bare Trees - Probably Danny, for supplyin' the rockin'

Mystery To Me - Bob, but Chris also put on some great, great stuff

Heroes Are Hard To Find - She's Changing Me is one of their best songs ever, but so are the title track and Prove Your Love. Angel is also pretty good. It's a toss up.

White Album - Stevie

Rumours - Toss up between Chris and Lindsey

Tusk - Stevie easily

Mirage - Toss up between Stevie And Chris

Tango - Chris

Say You Will - neither of them
Old 01-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Lemme add to my list...

Then Play On - Dangit...hard one...I love Danny so much...I'll go with Danny, even tho Oh Well is on this too.

Future Games - Danny Kirwan for Woman of 1000 Years alone, but all his songs are perfection

Bare Trees - Danny Kirwan - PERFECTION here!!

Mystery To Me - Sheesh...hard one...I'll go with Miss Christine, although Hypnotized is one of the greatest songs EVER!!

Live - Stevie for Fireflies alone, plus Rhiannon.

BTM - Christine because I ADORE Save Me and BTM! I do like ITBOMM and Love is Dangerous too.

I haven't listened to Kiln House (yet on my new LP!!!), Heroes or Penguin enough to really know the songs.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yikes, this is hard.

For the earliest albums, the best songs definitely belong to Peter.
On 'Kiln House' and 'Bare Trees,' I'd say they belong to Danny.

Future Games: Bob Welch

Penguin: Bob Welch

Mystery To Me: Bob Welch

Heroes Are Hard To Find: Christine

Fleetwood Mac: Stevie (Excellent songs from each, but I have to go with Stevie, for "Landslide," "Crystal," and "Rhiannon.")

Rumours: Stevie ("Dreams," "Gold Dust Woman," and "Silver Springs"... 'nuff said.)

Tusk: Stevie (They may not have the experimentalism and adventure that Lindsey's songs have, but her contributions are utterly sublime)

Live: Christine (I think her songs really come to life here.)

Mirage: Stevie (Nothing on this album can match "Gypsy.")

Tango In The Night: Lindsey (Hey, i had to give him at least one, right? Seriously though, Christine and Stevie have their moments, but, overall, Lindsey dominates this one.)

Behind The Mask: Stevie (Billy hits with "In The Back Of My Mind" and "When The Sun Goes Down," but misses with "Hard Feelings," "Do You Know," and "When It Comes To Love." The latter two songs also bring down Christine's overall contributions. Rick unfortunately isn't given enough of a chance to show his personality on this one, aside from the duets with Billy and Stevie. Meanwhile, "Affairs Of The Heart" is jangly and fun, and "Freedom" is a classic rocker. Throw in "Love Is Dangerous," and I have to go with Stevie on this one.)

Time: Christine (This is, in my opinion, Christine's finest collection of songs on any album.)

The Dance: Stevie (While Lindsey wins for best new song, with "Bleed To Love Her," Stevie wins with the sheer power of "Landslide" and "Silver Springs"... and, on the DVD, "Gold Dust Woman.")

Say You Will: Stevie (Lyrically, this album has Lindsey's best Fleetwood Mac contributions, but Stevie wins out here too, because of the heart, soul, maturity, feistiness, and gentleness variously conveyed across her songs. She shows the most emotional range, and thus scores the most captivating moments on the album.)
Old 01-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
...(Billy hits with "In The Back Of My Mind" and "When The Sun Goes Down," but misses with "Hard Feelings," "Do You Know," and "When It Comes To Love." The latter two songs also bring down Christine's overall contributions.
Gotta disagree here.

I think "Hard Feelings" is great. Very Magical Mystery Tour era Beatles feel, mixed with your basic "Fleetwood Mac power pop".

"Do You Know?": I think it is top-notch as well, a great little romantic ballad. A great pre-cursor to Christine's "new" tunes on The Chain box

"When It Comes To Love": Ok, you got me there...it isn't quite up to the standard of some of the other tunes on the album, but considering the song that follows it...

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Rick unfortunately isn't given enough of a chance to show his personality on this one, aside from the duets with Billy and Stevie.
Amen, brother!
Old 01-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

chili, I could grant you "Hard Feelings"... which really isn't a bad song. I just don't think it's a particularly strong one either (especially not enough to have been a single... but don't get me started!).

And "Do You Know" is pretty and all, but I also think it's somewhat boring and doesn't really go anywhere.

Of course, any criticism I have of various Mac/Mac-related songs should always be qualified by the statement that I'd still prefer it to just about anything else on the shelves... I just don't always love some of the tracks as much as the others.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Time. Bekka's vocals on here make me cringe
Are you insane? I think Bekka fronting the band could've been a whole new era of popularity for the band, had it been given a chance. She was GREAT!
Old 01-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by HomerMcvie
Are you insane? I think Bekka fronting the band could've been a whole new era of popularity for the band, had it been given a chance. She was GREAT!
You best be believin' . I do not like her vocals... I think that she has a good voice for country, but I can't stand country, so that's just me. I just cannot get in to her and Billy's songs. They're just not my thing. I do kinda like Bekka's backing vocals, but not her lead ones. To each their own, I guess...
Old 01-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think that she has a good voice for country, but I can't stand country, so that's just me.
I love country (real country-NOT Shania/Garth), so maybe that's part of it. But Winds of Change, or Dreamin' the Dream? Those are great songs,and not country influenced, IMO.