The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2003, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Who decides the names for the bootleg recordings?

I have wondered for a while how these cds are named. Was there one person who came up with the name of the various cds back when trading first began? I mean, who decided that there would be several cds in the set called "crystal visions", etc.?

Just curious!

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 09-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

People just make their own comps and trade them. I've done it and have named a few boots that people trade Anyone can do it!

Old 09-23-2003, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
People just make their own comps and trade them. I've done it and have named a few boots that people trade Anyone can do it!
At first that is what I thought, but then it seemed like several trading lists had all the same cds with the same names (i.e. cathouse blues), and it made me think that someone decided these names a while back.

The only reason that this even occurred to me is that I am starting to compile my list and was concerned about keeping the songs together/names the same so that people would know what disc to ask for.

Maybe I am thinking about this too much!

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 09-23-2003, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yeah... It's a good thing to keep the names of sets as they were first named, otherwise you think your trading for something different only to find you've ended up with something you already have.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking The ones...

that crack me up are the names for live recordings..."Dancing Again", "Dancing Alone '97", etc...

My personal favorites are "Dance Stevie, Dance" & "Brian's E-4-L Mono Mixes" (Mainly because I was bored and couldnt think of anything else after I made these compilations...LOL!!!)

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-24-2003, 12:58 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default bootlegs?

Sorry I'm a little slow to jump on the bandwagon, but who should I contact if I am interested in bootleg recordings from this tour? Could someone please let me know? Thanks.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You should contact the good people at burnish.net, buckinghamnicks.net, fleetwoodmac-uk.com and fmlegacy.com ~ that's where all the boots are posted on weekly rotations. Download away.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Re: bootlegs?

Quote:
Originally posted by mgv99
Sorry I'm a little slow to jump on the bandwagon, but who should I contact if I am interested in bootleg recordings from this tour? Could someone please let me know? Thanks.
If anyone needs help finding SYW shows just let email me...I can help ya out.

Brian j.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-24-2003, 01:46 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default thank you!!

estranged, how do I contact you?

thanks to both of you for replying to my post so quickly.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention

Please tell us which ones
Old 09-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Hippocampus
Please tell us which ones
Sure

These are the ones I remember:

The Other Side of the Mirror Sessions
Trouble In Shangri-La Bootleg Sessions

I can't think of any others, but they may come to me

Old 09-24-2003, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
At first that is what I thought, but then it seemed like several trading lists had all the same cds with the same names (i.e. cathouse blues), and it made me think that someone decided these names a while back.
It's the person who first packaged & sold the bootleg in that particular version, which stands to reason. Sometimes what these people do is really wicked: they just repackage what someone else has already started circulating & then rename it. Hence you get the same show (same recording actually) with multiple names, depending on which package you happen to pick up. Examples: live material on "Almanac" was used for "Albatross But Not Around My Neck, Please" & the demos on "Almanac" became "Cathouse Blues." The ultra-wicked people not only repackage the exact same thing as earlier, but they even go so far as to deliberately mislabel it in order to con the fans into buying it again! The mislabeling on "Livespace" made many people buy it who already had copies of that show (or those shows, I should say, since it had the '91 Whiskey concert & part of the '89 Houston concert).

In many ways, bootleggers are the worst thing to happen to bootlegging since the beginning.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel whomever makes the disks orignally should name them (and usually do). Ive gotten some things in that were dups cause I thought it was new, but setlist was same. now I try to check the best I can before a trade.

Brian you know there were 2 Dancing Again's? There was the one at Shoreline then the one WW1 from Irvine. Then also the Dancing Alone which is really just them pre mix (I think??)...

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 09-24-2003, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Actually...

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsysara
Brian you know there were 2 Dancing Again's? There was the one at Shoreline then the one WW1 from Irvine. Then also the Dancing Alone which is really just them pre mix (I think??)...
Yeah, I know there is 2 "Dancing Again" sets...

Btw, "Dancing Alone" is just a mix of the DVD "The Dance" with the vocals front & center...Just another "fake" disc.

Brian j.

Old 09-24-2003, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsysara
Brian you know there were 2 Dancing Again's? There was the one at Shoreline then the one WW1 from Irvine.
Really? How odd. I never knew that. I thought it was just the Irvine radio broadcast. I'm the one who got the original recording of the Mountain View (San Jose) show from Jeff Samuels, who recorded it (as well as the Oakland 1982 show). I sent it to some people who obviously then turned around & started selling it. That really bugs me ... people who package & sell recordings that other fans have released to share should be lashed with a wet noodle.