Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Surround Sound Fleetwood Mac

I just love listening to these Albums in 5.1 SS. If there are any Mac fans out there that haven't yet experienced this....its a must. It's like listening to this music for the first time....the vocals,the music and just the crispness of it all.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I just love listening to these Albums in 5.1 SS. If there are any Mac fans out there that haven't yet experienced this... They're a must! It's like listening to this music for the first time. The vocals, the music and just the crispness of it all.
I agree with you!
Old 02-11-2018, 07:35 PM
Junior Ledgie

I LIVE for these Surround Sound mixes! I am dying to listen to the White Album Surround Sound.

My favorite SS is "Tusk"!

Rumours: Volume is too low (since its over a decade old)

Mirage: Was not mixed well. I love "Straight Back." "Hold Me" and "Gypsy" were ruined!
Old 02-12-2018, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been listening for the past few days. Love Crystal and Sugar Daddy.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 02-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Agreed! While TUSK Is a masterpiece in 5.1, Mirage certainly has some wonrderful surprises. But the first half of the album is MESSED UP. From" Cant go Back" through "Gypsy", the bass is non exisitent and feel wonky and wrong, But as soon "Only over You" starts, the 5.1 album REALLY kicks off. and yes... "Straight Back" and "Eyes" are true highlights! (And "Hold me" suffers from the same mixing issue as the first half) It's a shame... because when the album sounds good, it's dreamlike. When the mix is bad, it sounds like you forgot to plug in one of your speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyWantedImage View Post
I LIVE for these Surround Sound mixes! I am dying to listen to the White Album Surround Sound.

My favorite SS is "Tusk"!

Rumours: Volume is too low (since its over a decade old)

Mirage: Was not mixed well. I love "Straight Back." "Hold Me" and "Gypsy" were ruined!
Old 02-12-2018, 10:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post
Agreed! While TUSK Is a masterpiece in 5.1, Mirage certainly has some wonrderful surprises. But the first half of the album is MESSED UP. From" Cant go Back" through "Gypsy", the bass is non exisitent and feel wonky and wrong, But as soon "Only over You" starts, the 5.1 album REALLY kicks off. and yes... "Straight Back" and "Eyes" are true highlights! (And "Hold me" suffers from the same mixing issue as the first half) It's a shame... because when the album sounds good, it's dreamlike. When the mix is bad, it sounds like you forgot to plug in one of your speakers.
Agree with that except for Gypsy. I actually prefer the 5.1 mix over the stereo version now. The intro with all of the swirling reverb adds a lot of ambience that I personally enjoy. Much of the rest of the album does sound lacking though. It's like it needed some of the holes filled.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What's the cheapest way to get a 5.1 mix system? I would love to hear it but I'm never going to listen to it beyond that.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Surround Sound Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
What's the cheapest way to get a 5.1 mix system? I would love to hear it but I'm never going to listen to it beyond that.
As recommended by someone on Facebook:
Logitech Z506 Surround Sound Home Theater Speaker System sells for $53 on Amazon. You can connect them directly to your computer via a standard speaker/headphone jack.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Monday Morning Surround Sound Mix

Recently discovered that Ken Callait created a surround sound mix of Monday Morning in 2008 for an Acura demo disk. Elliot Scheiner, who mixed The Dance, prepared the majority of the surround sound mixes on that disk, which also included a tutorial by him on the DVD.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:47 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
As recommended by someone on Facebook:
Logitech Z506 Surround Sound Home Theater Speaker System sells for $53 on Amazon. You can connect them directly to your computer via a standard speaker/headphone jack.
If you buy one (or any cheap speakers), buy a new set. Any used system for sale on Amazon or Ebay was probably returned for buzzing speakers which is a common defect.

Infact I would probably buy it at Best Buy or Walmart since you can exchange it easily if you get a dud.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:36 AM

I'm going to get some surround sound speakers for my blu ray.. I have a sound bar and woofer. All I have to do is add the other 2.

Well and then get the physical discs.... oy.. Fleetwood Mac has cost me thousands of dollars.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm going to get some surround sound speakers for my blu ray.. I have a sound bar and woofer. All I have to do is add the other 2.

Well and then get the physical discs.... oy.. Fleetwood Mac has cost me thousands of dollars.
In the 60's like most kids I had a cheezy record player, but in early '73 my grandmother made my dreams come true and bought me a quad system. So, I collected quad vinyl and 8-tracks for years only to be frustrated by so many artists not being available in the format. Thanks to recent boxes like Macs, we're getting surround for the very first time and vaults are being raided for old quad mixes and now being re-released in blu ray and sacd. I have over 500 surround titles now and wouldn't even think of buying yet another stereo remaster..
Old 02-15-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
In the 60's like most kids I had a cheezy record player, but in early '73 my grandmother made my dreams come true and bought me a quad system. So, I collected quad vinyl and 8-tracks for years only to be frustrated by so many artists not being available in the format. Thanks to recent boxes like Macs, we're getting surround for the very first time and vaults are being raided for old quad mixes and now being re-released in blu ray and sacd. I have over 500 surround titles now and wouldn't even think of buying yet another stereo remaster..
You've got me drooling. We had Dark Side of the Moon in Quad.. OMG that sounded so good!
Old 02-15-2018, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You've got me drooling. We had Dark Side of the Moon in Quad.. OMG that sounded so good!

I have Dark Side on SACD. You need a SACD player which are semi easy to find at thrift stores now. Many Sony and Denon and some Yamaha DVD players have the SACD logo on them. If you plug them into any 5.1 surround amp you can hear the SACD in surround, it also works for the 2002-2003 era rumors Say You wWill surround discs.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
there are 2 surround mixes for both Dark Side and Wish You Were Here. the original quad of Dark Side was done by Alan Parsons (of the Project) and is superior to the 5.1 modern surround mix.

True discrete surround can be so much fun....I used to isolate the rear speakers alone and you would hear all kinds of things you didn't even know were there listening to the stereo version, because the more instruments, the more things get buried.