Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-30-2004, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
- "She doesn't like touring, but she might tour."
It would be great! I'd love to see her live. I hope she'll decide to do it.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 08-31-2004, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
She was apparently on Bob & Tom (based in Indianapolis, I *think* it's nation-wide, though) this morning. I couldn't hear it because I was in school, but my mom heard the last 20 minutes or so of it. She was emailing me about a few of the things she mentioned:

- The usual album/FM stuff.
- She's doing a TV appearance in New York soon. "She really doesn't like touring or being on TV in front of the camera. She said that her nephew is the same way. She said it will be interesting to see how is reacts when they do the TV thing in NY. (...) didn't hear the date."
- She has a Mac computer, because of the "Mac" in "Fleetwood Mac." Hee.

Mom called B&T's secretary to try to get an audio copy of the interview, so if we get one I'll try to make a transcript & post it.
Yeah, I heard the tail end of the interview. I didn't know it was going to be on. I can get this radio station in my car but not at work, so as I turned the car on this morning, it was on. I heard that about the computer. She has one but doesn't use it much or something. And one of the DJs asked her if you can still buy her Christine Perfect solo albums; I don't know what her answer was, but the one DJ was harassing the other about asking her that. I just asked one of our installers if he heard the interview & he did. He told me that she has a computer, doesn't browse much, but does have e-mail. She made the CD with her nephew. Our installer said that they might have a transcript of the interview on www.bobandtom.com.

I just looked on their website. They have a little write-up there about Christine. I also heard that she said she would only do this CD on the stipulation that she doesn't tour.

Lee

Last edited by Lee; 08-31-2004 at 08:16 AM..
Old 08-31-2004, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
- She's doing a TV appearance in New York soon. "She really doesn't like touring or being on TV in front of the camera. She said that her nephew is the same way. She said it will be interesting to see how is reacts when they do the TV thing in NY. (...) didn't hear the date."
oh excitement, does anyone know what show? i will go and stand outside the studio for hours if there's even the slightest chance of seeing her in person.

Quote:
this is fantastic news!! altho i hope it isn't the case that she's been persuaded or pushed into it . . .i would love her to tour, but only if it's something she feels comfortable with.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:39 PM

Anyone find this interview?
Old 08-31-2004, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The interview isn't posted on their website. But there are some other interviews posted. You can listen to them with Windows Media Player. Maybe they will post it later. I sent them an e-mail about Christine's interview. It can't hurt. I'm dying to hear it or at least read a transcript of it.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:21 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
The interview isn't posted on their website. But there are some other interviews posted. You can listen to them with Windows Media Player.
Yea but it appears that you have to buy an account to hear it. At least that's what I saw.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No, I don't think so. I actually listened to a little of that Christopher Walken interview with Windows Media Player. I didn't buy an account either. I'll see if they reply to my e-mail. I'm hoping that they'll post it later. Maybe Christopher Walken was on their show last week.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think you need an account to listen to it live, but not tha clips they have on the main page. I hope they'll post it too, I'm really hoping to hear it.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:42 PM

I emailed them too!
Old 08-31-2004, 09:40 PM
Ledgie

Well, what I was doing was I was browsing for info like you all and I came across the archives, which were dated as recently as last Friday. I'm thinking, "Cool, then Christines interview should be posted in a day or so". So for the hell of it I tried to listen to last Friday's show and it asked me for a user and pw. So I figured I'll sign up and that's when I got hit with the purchase stuff. Maybe I need to go back and recheck, but I quit there.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I got an e-mail back from the Bob & Tom show. You can listen to all of the shows from the last 30 days from the VIP section. Unfortunately, it's $29.95 for a 6 month VIP all access pass.

By the way, Jeff from the Legacy message board heard this interview. Here's the thread with some more information about the interview:

http://p216.ezboard.com/ffmlmessageb...cID=8928.topic

Last edited by macfan 57; 09-01-2004 at 11:09 AM..
Old 09-01-2004, 11:05 AM

thx for posting!
Old 09-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I got an e-mail back from the Bob & Tom show. You can listen to all of the shows from the last 30 days from the VIP section. Unfortunately, it's $29.95 for a 6 month VIP all access pass.

By the way, Jeff from the Legacy message board heard this interview. Here's the thread with some more information about the interview:

http://p216.ezboard.com/ffmlmessageb...cID=8928.topic
Awww, but I'm not a member of the Legacy message board. Can someone please post it if it's not too long?

Thanks.

Lee
Old 09-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lee,

I'd love to post the whole thread. At first, I copied & pasted what Jeff had posted about the interview. But, the moderator didn't want me to copy & paste someone else's post onto another message board. So I just posted a link to the thread. I'll recap what Jeff posted instead:

Christine is definitely coming to New York next week. However, there will be no tour or live show of any kind. She was asked about a television appearance & she sort of laughed at the idea. She wasn't sure where she & Dan would start to rehearse, but she felt they could do this if they wanted to. She also mentioned that she listens quite a bit to Elvis, The Beach Boys & The Everly Brothers. Jeff also mentioned that the DJ's gave her a bit of a hard time about the Christine Perfect album. But it was all in good fun & Christine seemed to be very happy & in a great mood.

Jeff missed the beginning of the interview & a little bit at the end, so he didn't hear it in its entirety. Also, he's in Pittsburgh so this interview must be airing nationwide.

It's not clear to me if Christine is going to do a television appearance. But, it does appear that she is going to so some promotion next week-maybe some more interviews, at the very least.

Last edited by macfan 57; 09-01-2004 at 03:41 PM..
Old 09-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Ledgie

Poor Christine, I know this isn't what she had intended. She just felt like making a record. I wonder if in her gut she kind of feels like this is just a pinch of what used to be, if just a pinch. But I'm sure the record company has begged her to get over here and help with some promotion, to which she is reluctantly but agreeing to do. Lucky for us if we see her in any capacity while she is here.

I may be wrong here but I think that if Christine knew how much she is loved by her fans perhaps it would lessen her wanting to not be thrust in the spotlight once again. What do you all think? This is my humble opinion.

We all love you, Christine.