Old 11-29-2018, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

She had her best Edge walks during this tour
Old 11-29-2018, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
So Stevie thought this song didn't work live, but there's atleast one video that proves her wrong (and I love her dancing here!)
She's full of crap. If the song didn't work why did they play it the whole tour? She dropped tried and true numbers like "Sara" yet kept a song she didn't like? Not buying it. To me, the song works as well as any she did on that tour. She should have dropped "I Need to Know" and added another RAL track, she only did four from the album. Some promotion.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
This is NOT the thread where you get to complain about the tour
Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000
She's full of crap. If the song didn't work why did they play it the whole tour? She dropped tried and true numbers like "Sara" yet kept a song she didn't like? Not buying it. To me, the song works as well as any she did on that tour. She should have dropped "I Need to Know" and added another RAL track, she only did four from the album. Some promotion.
The mood shifted a bit there

I'd have been interested in some more RAL album tracks though. Happy that "No Spoken Word" was chosen among the non-singles as it really had some fire live and is probably the best non-single from the album.

I honestly wouldn't have minded one of the dumb pop numbers like "Some Become Strangers" or "If I Were You" were played as well. A live band arrangement might have fleshed them out a bit.

But if she had picked another RAL song my luck would be she'd have chosen "I Sing for the Things", "The Nightmare" or "Sister Honey". I'm not sure if any new arrangement or energy could save those :/

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 12-01-2018, 12:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

What I liked the most about the RAL Tour was the setlist. "I Can't Wait" *did* work on stage. Early shows in the tour proved it. This tour had some great adlib / creative moments. I miss some of that now - scripted.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was lucky enough to see 5 RAL concerts but the one that really stands out was either in April or May of 1986 in Philadelphia. Tom Petty was an unannounced guest and they performed I will Run to You as well as Stop Draggin' but the biggest highlight of that night was Stevie adding Gypsy into the setlist and at the end of Gypsy the band extended the music and she went all across the edge of the stage collecting flowers and gifts like she does in Edge of 17. She collected more gifts during Edge of 17 as well. It was one of those rare shows where everything she did created magic with the audience. The cheers were deafening in a great way of course.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, how the tides have turned Her RAL tour used to be lambasted, but now people seem to be appreciating it more. Watching the clips here, it's clear she's not well due to her drug use, so it's hard for me to see the nostalgia. However, I agree I Can't Wait was exciting to see live, and it would be awesome if it ever returned to her set list. As far as why Stevie doesn't perform it live anymore, I'm going to do some armchair analysis- she said I Can't Wait did not translate well live, but I think her drug use at the time was the real problem, not the song itself. Starting a concert off with I Can't Wait would have the crowd going wild, it's such an up tempo song.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wow, how the tides have turned Her RAL tour used to be lambasted, but now people seem to be appreciating it more.
I was going by the title of the thread. In truth I went to 5 RAL shows and one of them was great and the other four were horrid.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cokey is better than Pokey, is my long-held opinion. A dull Stevie is DULL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wow, how the tides have turned Her RAL tour used to be lambasted, but now people seem to be appreciating it more. Watching the clips here, it's clear she's not well due to her drug use, so it's hard for me to see the nostalgia. However, I agree I Can't Wait was exciting to see live, and it would be awesome if it ever returned to her set list. As far as why Stevie doesn't perform it live anymore, I'm going to do some armchair analysis- she said I Can't Wait did not translate well live, but I think her drug use at the time was the real problem, not the song itself. Starting a concert off with I Can't Wait would have the crowd going wild, it's such an up tempo song.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
and they performed I will Run to You
OMG, how amazing!
Old 12-03-2018, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I was lucky enough to see 5 RAL concerts but the one that really stands out was either in April or May of 1986 in Philadelphia. Tom Petty was an unannounced guest and they performed I will Run to You as well as Stop Draggin' but the biggest highlight of that night was Stevie adding Gypsy into the setlist and at the end of Gypsy the band extended the music and she went all across the edge of the stage collecting flowers and gifts like she does in Edge of 17. She collected more gifts during Edge of 17 as well. It was one of those rare shows where everything she did created magic with the audience. The cheers were deafening in a great way of course.
Oh WOW. That sounds incredible. First I heard of such a night. She double backed to Philly during the tour. What an amazing night you got to experience. I will run to you plus Gypsy in 1986.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I liked her stage looks. Her hair was very cool and totally in style, where I come from that was THE hair. She wore lots of different things on stage, her wardrobe mistress must have been busy. She wore lots of things on the OSOTM tour but they all seemed to be the same puffy sleeved satin bathrobe just in different colors.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The best thing about the Rock a Little tour was that it was finally over and she got the help she needed to avoid becoming an overdose statistic. The whole thing was an embarrassing mess as was the album. Sorry folks.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
The best thing about the Rock a Little tour was that it was finally over and she got the help she needed to avoid becoming an overdose statistic. The whole thing was an embarrassing mess as was the album. Sorry folks.
This is not the thread for you then. I clearly stated this thread was all for people who wanted to enjoy talking about what they liked about the tour. Obviously I can't stop you from ****ting on my thread though.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey nothing personal Pete, and don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't a life long fan. Just speaking truth to what I bore witness to in 1985. If you want to see the real Stevie, have a look at some of the white/Rumours and Tusk footage. I'm not in the hater's club although clearly articulated how her current self has lost me.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
I don't understand why I Cant Wait never appeared live since 1986. I do believe and take Stevie at her word that they practiced it live during her Vegas shows (mid 2000's). I do believe that if you removed all the disco crashes and played a full rock version, it would work really well
The story of why not performing Sara for years was bogus, I agree. It always sounded fine live.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:41 PM
On Ice
This message has been deleted by On Ice. Reason: Wrong Thread