Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Nick's Connection To Art Garfunkle

Stevie thanks Art Garfunkle in the liner notes of The Wild Heart for the song "All I Know." Other than perhaps she is doing just that... because she likes it...does anyone know if there is a specific reason for the thank you? It is a BEAUTIFUL song that Stevie herself would probably sing just as beautifully as Art does..i wish she WOULD do it....lyrically it is right up her alley...if anyone has not heard this song..as i know there are a number of "young" people on this board...YouTube: Art Garfunkle-All I Know...there is no video..but a slide show of him and there is a live version done in '08 that is not as good as the studio version...appreciate any input on this 27 year mystery..i wrote to john kinney...administrator of her official website...he didnt know why. thanks all!!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have never known the connection either but I love that song. It was written by Jimmy Webb, who also wrote Galveston, Wichita Lineman, MacArthur Park, and the Moon's a Harsh Mistress. Webb's songs have been recorded by all kinds of artists--Glenn Campbell, Linda Ronstadt, Michael McDonald, Art Garfunkel, Shawn Colvin, Amy Grant, etc. I highly recommend his album "10 Easy Pieces" it's really wonderful.