User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-25-2020, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yes I did (somehow I suspect more than one will laugh while reading the word "honor"):

It was in Australia that I fell for Stevie Nicks.
Our affair really began in L.A. even before we left for the Pacific. I'd sneak away from home to spend most of my time with Stevie, picking her up in one of my cars and driving along Mulholland. She was seeing a record executive and I was married and my parents were living with me, so everything was very secret, imbuing subsequent events with a kind of supercharged aura of romance. In Australia this blossomed into a full-on love affair.
It started up in New Zealand. Late one night, after the concert, a Samoan limo driver took me and Stevie for a long cruise along mountains and ridgebacks at dawn. At one point we got out and walked a bit in silence, waiting for the sun to rise. There was a mist that turned to a gentle rain, soaking us to our skin.

We were driven back to our hotel in a ferocious downpour, clinging to each other in the back of the car. Up in her suite, I said, "I think I'd like to stay here tonight."

We returned to California early in December, to find that Rumours had passed the eight million mark in sales and showed no sign of slowing. It was still the number one album in the country, and was selling an estimated 800,000 copies every week!

Understanding the past relationship between Lindsey and Stevie, as a point of honor I had to tell Lindsey that I was in love with her. However, my relationship with Stevie continued, awkwardly. I ran the gauntlet, trying to be in two places at once, fairly torn by guilt and responsibilities. The whole thing was kind of on and off, and that suited both of us, Stevie and myself.
OMG! Are you all suggesting that Stevie slept with Mick back in the 70s to prevent from being kicked out of the band and she was in fact never in love with him? That's….. low, even for someone like Saint Stevie. Although I'm not surprised. It suits her.
Like it suits her waiting 40 years for her revenge. Damn!!!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
OMG! Are you all suggesting that Stevie slept with Mick back in the 70s to prevent from being kicked out of the band and she was in fact never in love with him? That's….. low, even for someone like Saint Stevie. Although I'm not surprised. It suits her.
Like it suits her waiting 40 years for her revenge. Damn!!!
The record exec she was seeing at the time would have been Paul Fishkin. But Stevie never let that stand in her way of taking what(who) she wanted. It reminds me of when the whole brouhaha happened with Kristen Stewart cheating on Robert Pattinson with one of her directors. Stevie was one of the people who came to Kristen's defense in the press, saying "I've cheated and been forgiven a few times and so should she." Clearly Paul was forgiving. Lindsey, maybe not so much. Plus the whole Mick affair, and him saying it was the kind of sneaky thing that appealed to both him and Stevie, always made it seem rather odd that Stevie would get all worked up about him starting to see Sara. In one of Mick's interviews he says that throughout his and Stevie's affair she had several proper, official boyfriends as well. And of course through much of it he had a wife and kids. So it always struck me as odd that she felt justified in being mad about Sara and then banning her from the studio etc. Especially if Ken's story is true about her breaking up the engagement of one of their recording engineers so she could date him (presumably Hernan but who knows). Sorta fits with Carol's description of the culture around the band being that a band member could do no wrong, no matter what they did; everyone would find a way to blame someone else for anything.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-25-2020 at 06:39 PM..
Old 02-25-2020, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yes but Peter leaving the band was far different than this last Lindsey episode. Lindsey is not brain damaged (well, maybe Stevie thinks he is, I don't know, but I don't). Peter began to get crazed, bad behavior on stage. He left the band or the band was really forced to fired him. It's not the first time a band fires a member because of drug addictions. That's not the case of Lindsey being fired in 2018.

But yes, they have the choice to disband or continue. And they chose to continue and though I was angry about it, I wasn't surprised.
I think you're getting a little muddled. It was Danny Kirwan who was fired for bad behaviour on stage. Peter left by choice and it shocked them all.
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.