Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default CA activists, please help me protect our children

As many of you know, I have been actively working toward protecting our children. I have recently become involved with PROTECT (child advocacy group) and may even testify before a Legislative hearing regarding the egregious decisions perpetrated in CA Family Courts. I am also involved with Justice For Children, and CA Protective Parents Association. I have already spoken at one informal Congressional Hearing last March and hope to do so again. Now, I am asking for YOUR help.

www.PROTECT.org has campaigns in various states to protect children thru awareness, legislative reform etc.
in CA, currently, there is a bill (SB 33 by Battin) going up for consideration again. Last year it was defeated by a group calling itself "Parents United" which is really a thinly veiled Father's Rights group. I want to state here for the record that I am not against all Fathers, just those fathers who are ABUSERS who insist on continued access to powerless children and women.

CA currently operates under the "reunification standard" which downplays penalties for sexually exploiting a children within the Family. The Battin Bill provides that persons who commit certain crimes against FAMILY members be treated the SAME as those who commit the same crimes against a STRANGER.

Please download the endorsement and pass it on if you live in CA

If you live in other states where PROTECT has active campaigns, consider becoming a member and helping if you can. My Sincere Thanks.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Oh and another thing:

ANYONE can be a member of PROTECT, it doesnt matter where you live, all you need is a sincere desire to help make a difference for our kids. I hope thats clear, PROTECT has members in all 50 States, and 9 Nations!
ok. I go now.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ahhhhhh, typical Family court mentality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
"A Montgomery Court judge said yesterday 'it takes two to tango' when he noted that an 11-year-old girl who was sexually molested by a 23-year-old man was 'not free of fault' because she had invited the man into her bedroom."
?Washington Post
January, 2000

What the?
yep, just like a woman invites rape by dressing a certain way.....
Old 02-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Lux
Old 02-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
There's got to be some explanation there right? I just can't comprehend that one, I find it almost literally unbelievable.

I got that from the website btw, just incase you thought I was randomly interjecting with something else.
That is the mindset that women and children deal with when they appear in court as victims. It IS unbelieveable, it defies logic but there you have it.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default question:

so far this thread has had 55 views but only one person besides myself has said anything.

Has anyone gone to the site or downloaded the endorsement form? I cant tell without feedback! (yes, I know, Im a nag! but folks this is my lifes work!)
Old 02-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Lux
Old 02-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
so far this thread has had 55 views but only one person besides myself has said anything.

Has anyone gone to the site or downloaded the endorsement form? I cant tell without feedback! (yes, I know, Im a nag! but folks this is my lifes work!)
I checked out the site, Mary, and bookmarked it, but I didn't download the form because I don't live in CA.

I'd like to know which senator from my state was responsible for this lovely exchange posted on the site:

"Everybody down here just wants to punish somebody. Hell, I got this old boy back home, I can't get him out of jail! He fondled his niece--no penetration or anything, you know. Those sons of bitches gave him two years!"

"How old was the girl, Senator?"

"Aw hell, I don't know . . . Four?! Five?!"

—Spoken by a North Carolina state senator who opposed, then voted for, incest reform legislation

Old 02-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Lux
Old 02-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
"A Montgomery Court judge said yesterday 'it takes two to tango' when he noted that an 11-year-old girl who was sexually molested by a 23-year-old man was 'not free of fault' because she had invited the man into her bedroom."
—Washington Post
January, 2000

What the?
Excuse me?! Are they nuts??? What kinda crap is that?!

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 02-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
This just really confuses me. It seems too f*cked up to be real. It's got to be a misquote, right? I hope it was.
So do I. People can't be that stupid, right?!

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 02-09-2005, 03:26 AM
Lux
Old 02-09-2005, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Folks, that kind of stuff happens all the time in Family Court!

Women are viewed with suspicion and Kids are ignored. If the kids describe the abuse they suffered, the response is: mom coached them, or the kids saw MOM do it with a boyfriend. The REAL explanation, the TRUTH, is ignored (DADDY DID IT) I can tell you in my own case, when the Judge sat me down and told me that he was going to grant unsupervised visitation between a 3yr old child and a convicted child molester, that I had no right to Peace of mind, that my son could get hurt playing football....as if somehow the two were similar! And to make matters even worse, the Professionals who "evaluate" these sex offenders can be bought! that is what happened in MY case: the convict hired an unethical Psychologist to "evaluate" him and he got what he paid for! this JERK of a man wrote a report that stated that my ex was NO RISK to my son, and completely ignored two cases where abuse occurred and ignored my eyewitness account! I tell you, it has been a 3 yr nightmare for me, and this is the reason I crusade against Family Court, and against lousy laws.

Lux: if PROTECT doesnt have a chapter in Australia, maybe you could contact them and see what it would take to start one? Just a thot.....
BTW, American Justice is an oxymoron. There's no such thing. or if it happens, I think its an accident. unfortunately.

Last edited by irishgrl; 02-09-2005 at 07:53 AM..
Old 02-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl

I'm not in CA so unable to help with this. It upsets me that children are being ignored and the attitudes they are being subjected to. Good luck with all you are doing Mary

Pip
Old 02-09-2005, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What happens when you join? Do you just make a donation or is there more to it? I guess I could have read through the site more thoroughly, huh! It seems like a very worthy cause. I have a 3 year old daughter and I can't imagine if anything like that were to happen to her.

~*~becky~*~
Old 02-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I'm not in CA so unable to help with this. It upsets me that children are being ignored and the attitudes they are being subjected to. Good luck with all you are doing Mary

Pip
Thanx Pip, and remember, PROTECT is in 9 nations, maybe England is one of them? if not, maybe you can help start a new chapter? I sincerely wish the day will come when activism like this is no longer necessary, that we can all rest easy knowing that our kids are truly protected.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default some info on PROTECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInTheWind
What happens when you join? Do you just make a donation or is there more to it? I guess I could have read through the site more thoroughly, huh! It seems like a very worthy cause. I have a 3 year old daughter and I can't imagine if anything like that were to happen to her.

~*~becky~*~
There are membership dues, but they are varied. the standard fee is $35 for one year but if you are a student, it is $10 I think and there is also a place for you to put in your own amount if you are financially embarrassed...I almost checked that box because I am really hurting, I pay 100% of the expenses and get precious little help from the dad....but, I am getting a tax return and I can afford it then. Another thing people can do is download the endorsement and make copies and put them around or maybe in your local paper and get the word out that way. (this is for the CA bill.) in any event, if you are interested at ALL in the sad way our Children are treated by the one place charged by law to look at their best interests, then by all means, please do check it out further! And to everyone, thank you for caring enuff to look at the site. One day, we can all cheer when our kids are finally safe. I look forward to that day and will do all I can to hurry it along!
Old 02-10-2005, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Update, Senator Battin's office CALLS ME!

I get home from work and the message is from Senator Battin's office, he READ my email !!!!!! (I sent him an email thanking him for his efforts and gave him background on my case and offered to help any way I could) and his assistant called and asked me to send him a summary of my case! So, after a quick update of my case I sent it off, and am now awaiting his assessment. I am of course willing to testify in committee if needed, to show how important this Bill is!

I must say, Im a bit blown away.....
Old 02-10-2005, 07:08 AM
Lux
Old 02-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default precisely~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Wow, that's an achievement in itself. A call-back showing interest in further documentation is not exactly common when taking into consideration the amount of mail they must receive.
It gets better, but I may be premature, so I left the other bits out. Suffice it to say that there is a possibility that the Piece of Crap Law that I have been complaining about may get some attention...

I am just amazed when I think of all the big high mucketymucks I have had contact with...Ive spoken with 2 State Legislators and 1 Federal Representative, I am on speaking terms with the higher ups in 4 different Child advocacy groups....I correspond regularly with a very well respected Forensic Psychologist....and I cant believe my good fortune...I am only a housewife/mother/workingstiff after all, nobody special, just a person who cares like millions of other people.....but for some reason, these IMPORTANT people are listening to me....now, I pray that I can say what needs to be said so that ALL our children will be protected~