The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

GAG doesn't rock? The last half of that song sends me to the moon.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 08-09-2012 at 03:30 PM..
Old 08-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post

I agree...I love Ghosts are Gone...its a true rock n roll song...the guitar licks are second only to Edge of 17...I wanted her to open her tour with GAG
Old 08-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

GAG is just very like... run of the mill, to me. It's just like a generic rock song. I feel like you could cut Stevie's vocals out and replace it with a number of other peoples voices and you'd never know anything was wrong, if that makes sense. It's a good tune it just doesn't stand out to me.

Love IYD as a whole though. It's been in my car for over a year and I still listen to it nearly every drive.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree that he's treading water now. Can he or Stevie, either one, no longer make a song that ROCKS? Come on, enough with the sleepy MUZAK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
exactly TrueFaith. sometimes i read people's posts like Homer's above and go - huh? have you even listened once to the stuff that you are providing this sooo authoritative opinion about?

one can like or not GAG, or That's The Way Love Goes, Illumination, One Take, the list goes on and on... but saying there's nothing that rocks in the most recent output from SN or LB just makes such posts completely non-credible.

puzzling...

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The first dozens of times I listened to GAG, I thought: what an annoying generic rock tune. And then finally, I was just in the zone of the album, and I suddenly realized: I was on a friggin rocket ship to the moon! It sends me everytime now. No generic rock song has a second half like GAG. In fact, I can't think of the last time I felt like that during a rock song (ok... MAYBE certain live performances of "Come").

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Junior Ledgie

In my humble defense I never said Lindsey or Stevie didnt rock anymore. That was the other dude

I did say I felt that LINDSEY although still making AWESOME music, is not being as innovative anymore.

Now that could be down to the fact he doesnt have the budget to make complex records anymore. If that's the case, I understand.

I listened to In Your Dreams again. It's a good album but very flawed like Shangri-La. I dont care for the tune inspired by Twilight. And a couple of other ones feel half-finished to me. Otherwise I enjoy the album but I wouldnt put it up against Stevie's first two solo albums which are classics or near it.

I dont know how many people here have heard of Daniel Lanois but I would love for him to work with Lindsey or the Mac. He is the guy who produced U2'S Joshua, Achtung, Bob Dylan Oh Mercy, TIme Out of Mind, Wiliie Nelson Teatro, Emmylou Harris Wrecking Ball, or the latest Le Noise by Neil Young.

I love his production work. And he always seems to bring the best out of his artists. He is a musician and songwriter himself which I'm sure helps him with other artists. BTW his solo albums are true gems including Acadie. i highly recommend them or any of the records I mentioned that he produced to anyone. They're great freakin' albums