User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2019, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I wonder whether any of these cats — inside the band or out — can remember much more of what went down than what they’ve already aired the last twenty years. Drug use + old age = bad memories. In the studio, the engineers were supposed to have notated everything very carefully: track data, instrumentation, dates, and so on. But it still gets jumbled up and spit out wrong in our various reissues (“It says here there’s a clavinet on Songbird.” No, there isn’t—somebody was high.)

Somebody writes that Lindsey threw a Les Paul at Stevie in New Zealand in 1980. But Lindsey doesn’t even remember enough to respond: “I wasn’t touring with a Les Paul in 1980. Your claim is a result of your brain on acid. Or perhaps it was projection: you wish I had thrown something heavy and electronic at her.”

Even Stevie is supposed to have journaled everything in her multivolume diary. Yet she can’t even remember why she wrote Sisters of the Moon, according to the Tusk deluxe.

It’s sweet seeing all the lovely little Polaroids Richard Dashut is posting. But why are they all dated “sometime in the 1970s”? Uh, d’uh.

No, I think these cats are finished with their stories. They may continue to share stories, but they’re probably concocting or free-associating. I think this band should can the books and just release old concerts. Old recordings never forget and never lie.
that's the problem.... the aforementioned drug problems/alcoholism sure show up in many of those recordings ... unless you spend months in the studio sweetening them up and re recording stuff.

You may be right in terms of the studio guys and their stories, but I'm sure there is soooo much dirt that remains untold. These people are not nice a lot of the time, and we've seen some glimpses of it in tales of what happened to people like Bob or Judy and in the way someone like Richard was (IMHO) ghosted for a long time by these people. And there was time when if you look closely at pics of Stevie (mostly like the 90s I think) where whenever she's out in public there are people next to her holding her up....when she wasn't doing really smart things like giving her full dose of Klonopin to Glenn to see what would happen...

I just think there's so much sordid, vile behavior with these people and I'm not sitting here waiting for it to be told, rather I just can't help but wonder how many secrets their entourage is keeping and when some one of them will decide to sell their true story. Maybe for the Netflix series...
Old 10-14-2019, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lori and Sharon will never speak out. It doesn’t matter whether Stevie is alive or dead. They will be loyal to her. I don’t know about Stevie‘s niece.

Now, Waddy might. But he is going to wait till he is 100% positive that Stevie can’t tour anymore before he says anything. And she will probably outlive him anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I wonder whether any of these cats — inside the band or out — can remember much more of what went down than what they’ve already aired the last twenty years. Drug use + old age = bad memories. In the studio, the engineers were supposed to have notated everything very carefully: track data, instrumentation, dates, and so on. But it still gets jumbled up and spit out wrong in our various reissues (“It says here there’s a clavinet on Songbird.” No, there isn’t—somebody was high.)

Somebody writes that Lindsey threw a Les Paul at Stevie in New Zealand in 1980. But Lindsey doesn’t even remember enough to respond: “I wasn’t touring with a Les Paul in 1980. Your claim is a result of your brain on acid. Or perhaps it was projection: you wish I had thrown something heavy and electronic at her.”

Even Stevie is supposed to have journaled everything in her multivolume diary. Yet she can’t even remember why she wrote Sisters of the Moon, according to the Tusk deluxe.

It’s sweet seeing all the lovely little Polaroids Richard Dashut is posting. But why are they all dated “sometime in the 1970s”? Uh, d’uh.

No, I think these cats are finished with their stories. They may continue to share stories, but they’re probably concocting or free-associating. I think this band should can the books and just release old concerts. Old recordings never forget and never lie.
As has been pointed out before about that guitar throwing: everyone remembered that Lindsey did something to Stevie. But they could not remember exactly what. Stevie thought that Lindsey flicked his foot at her. This is what they said first, when they first spoke of the drama. Then all of a sudden, years later, she thought of the guitar throwing. I don’t think her memory improved over time. So what she said last is not the most accurate version of events to me.

I don’t doubt that Lindsey has thrown a guitar at her at some point, but I do not think it was while they were on tour in New Zealand. I do not think that it almost hit her and she ducked like a ninja, like she now claims.

I only say that he probably did throw a guitar at her some time because at one point they are in a joint print interview (Mojo?) and an unspecified Macster that I assume is Stevie says: “remember when you threw that Les Paul at me?” And he doesn’t say anything. At least he doesn’t say anything that the reporter writes down. So I guess he knows he must’ve thrown a guitar at her some time. But I doubt it was during a show, in New Zealand or during any concert.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
As has been pointed out before about that guitar throwing: everyone remembered that Lindsey did something to Stevie. But they could not remember exactly what. Stevie thought that Lindsey flicked his foot at her. This is what they said first, when they first spoke of the drama. Then all of a sudden, years later, she thought of the guitar throwing. I don’t think her memory improved over time. So what she said last is not the most accurate version of events to me.

I don’t doubt that Lindsey has thrown a guitar at her at some point, but I do not think it was while they were on tour in New Zealand. I do not think that it almost hit her and she ducked like a ninja, like she now claims.
I just thought of the episode with Jesse and Darcy and the Loubiton missile throw, and now I’m just sweating laughter.

Mick made the claim first — and now methinks the shoe is on the other foot.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-28-2019, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good grief!! I’m giving up on this thread... I’ve been reading it for two days in an effort to get up to speed on RD, but what a bloody SLOG- FEST.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lori and Sharon will never speak out. It doesn’t matter whether Stevie is alive or dead. They will be loyal to her. I don’t know about Stevie‘s niece.

Now, Waddy might. But he is going to wait till he is 100% positive that Stevie can’t tour anymore before he says anything. And she will probably outlive him anyway.

I only say that he probably did throw a guitar at her some time because at one point they are in a joint print interview (Mojo?) and an unspecified Macster that I assume is Stevie says: “remember when you threw that Les Paul at me?” And he doesn’t say anything. At least he doesn’t say anything that the reporter writes down. So I guess he knows he must’ve thrown a guitar at her some time. But I doubt it was during a show, in New Zealand or during any concert.
well that right there limits the timeline and would have put it well before the Tusk tour. I'm sure there are those here who can pinpoint better than I when LB stopped playing a Les Paul on tour.... There are promo films of him playing the white Les Paul on Dreams if I recall, but how much he played one on the actual tour I don't know... So if there was Les Paul throwing that would make me think it was mid 70s
Old 12-29-2019, 02:27 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
As has been pointed out before about that guitar throwing: everyone remembered that Lindsey did something to Stevie. But they could not remember exactly what. Stevie thought that Lindsey flicked his foot at her. This is what they said first, when they first spoke of the drama. Then all of a sudden, years later, she thought of the guitar throwing. I donÂ’t think her memory improved over time. So what she said last is not the most accurate version of events to me.
I don't believe Lindsey kicked Stevie. I suspect Lindsey was trying to trip Stevie. He was drunk and
probably though it was hilarious. If I remember correctly, Lindsey intentionally played out of tune at this same concert. When Christine slapped Lindsey after the concert, it was probably for his overall behavior and not for kicking Stevie.

Stevie seems to have a tendency to add other people's stories to her own. One example would be the time she said she shot baskets with Prince, in his high heels, after recording Stand Back.

I doubt seriously that Lindsey would have thrown a Les Paul at Stevie. If it had hit her it could have caused major injuries. She may have 'borrowed' elements of two stories. Stevie hung out with Heart for a while. Nancy Wilson's boyfriend Roger Fisher once threw a piece of a guitar at her. It almost hit her head. It seems possible that Stevie may have liked this story and added it to her own. Wasn't it a black Les Paul that Danny Kirwan smashed?
Old 12-29-2019, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is what Mick wrote in his first book about the New Zealand episode. No throwing guitar is mentioned but he did mention "kick". Well, is it reliable? I don't know. At the 2014 Meet and Greet in NJ, Mick admited it wasn't the best of his time when he wrote that book. He hinted that he didn't use to be enough sober those days, or something like that. But sure something did happen that night:

In mid-March we flew off to New Zealand to play in front of sixty thousand fans in Auckland. The show also went out live over the radio to the rest of the country. By then, the exhaustion of constant travel began to set in, and we were all pretty brainfried. Lindsey hit the old scotch bottle a little too hard before the concert, and halfway through the performance he snapped like a guitar string tuned ten octaves too high.
First I noticed that he was playing out of tune. Then he started to clown around and mimic Stevie while she was dancing around the stage. Then, while she was hunched over, upstage of Lindsey, during her "Rhiannon" performance, he stopped playing and pulled his jacket over his head in a grotesque imitation of her pose. At that point he lost all control, playing anything except "Rhiannon," laughing like a madman. Then he started to kick Stevie while she was trying to salvage the number. Sixty thousand people were watching! Lindsey would flick his foot at her and Stevie would shy away, trying to cover up his stoned-out behavior to save us all from dying of embarrassment. The rest of the band could only look at each other in disbelief.

The show finally over, we stumbled into the stadium's rugby changing rooms, where we were dressing. There would be no encore that night:
we were all freaked out. I could hear the crowd screaming for more as Christine McVie stormed into the room, utterly hell-bent, and made straight for Mr. Buckingham, who was slumped miserably on a bench. Lindsey stood up, and Chris smacked him crack! right in the face. Then she threw her drink at him for good measure. "Don't you ever do this to this band again," she shouted. "Ever! Is that clear?" Then she stormed out again.
Old 12-30-2019, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
This is what Mick wrote in his first book about the New Zealand episode. No throwing guitar is mentioned but he did mention "kick". Well, is it reliable? I don't know. At the 2014 Meet and Greet in NJ, Mick admited it wasn't the best of his time when he wrote that book. He hinted that he didn't use to be enough sober those days, or something like that. But sure something did happen that night:

In mid-March we flew off to New Zealand to play in front of sixty thousand fans in Auckland. The show also went out live over the radio to the rest of the country. By then, the exhaustion of constant travel began to set in, and we were all pretty brainfried. Lindsey hit the old scotch bottle a little too hard before the concert, and halfway through the performance he snapped like a guitar string tuned ten octaves too high.
First I noticed that he was playing out of tune. Then he started to clown around and mimic Stevie while she was dancing around the stage. Then, while she was hunched over, upstage of Lindsey, during her "Rhiannon" performance, he stopped playing and pulled his jacket over his head in a grotesque imitation of her pose. At that point he lost all control, playing anything except "Rhiannon," laughing like a madman. Then he started to kick Stevie while she was trying to salvage the number. Sixty thousand people were watching! Lindsey would flick his foot at her and Stevie would shy away, trying to cover up his stoned-out behavior to save us all from dying of embarrassment. The rest of the band could only look at each other in disbelief.

The show finally over, we stumbled into the stadium's rugby changing rooms, where we were dressing. There would be no encore that night:
we were all freaked out. I could hear the crowd screaming for more as Christine McVie stormed into the room, utterly hell-bent, and made straight for Mr. Buckingham, who was slumped miserably on a bench. Lindsey stood up, and Chris smacked him crack! right in the face. Then she threw her drink at him for good measure. "Don't you ever do this to this band again," she shouted. "Ever! Is that clear?" Then she stormed out again.
exactly, and this is a FAR cry from the story that it has morphed into. She did recently say something about when he wanted to make her mad he would mimic her.
Someone is exaggerating/mis remembering something.......
Old 12-31-2019, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

I used to believe this, but idk now. Mick is a god damned liar, a money whore, and a loser in general. They've lost all credibility with me.

That said, I can see the old goat for free tomorrow(nye, in Nashville). I might go heckle her, dangling a carrot....