User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-18-2019, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Yes, an eventual mass exodus of the people who didn't care to discuss the Lindsey situation over and over and over for going on two years now. That little group of people who kept reminding us all how much they hate Mick and Stevie and how the band should just curl up and die now are still here and still telling us those same things. It is the people who are exhausted with it all that left for livelier forums where there are other things to talk about. Those people were not driven off because they were angry with Stevie. And now back I go to one of those forums to rejoin a pretty cool conversation with some nice people about things that are happening now.

Yep...exactly. Let’s move on to the present and enjoy the 50 years of great music we have from the band and the solo releases .
Old 10-18-2019, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry to speak for Lulu here, but personally, though I appreciate what you are saying; it hasn't always been easy to do just that. There were countless times where someone would TRY to start a non-gripe thread, or join in on one and it would quickly get overwhelmed by that same handful of angry people interjecting completely non related nastiness over that same old subject.
I sympathize. To make the whole mechanism “work” — to make a fan group vibrant and breezily discursive — people do need to behave. We need to self-police. (It would be nice if we all checked our most psychotic impulses at the door.)

Quote:
In the end, I think it was just easier to leave and join in with people in other forums who actually wanted to talk about other stuff.
So where do you guys all hang out now? Is it a FB group?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-18-2019, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, an eventual mass exodus of the people who didn't care to discuss the Lindsey situation over and over and over for going on two years now. That little group of people who kept reminding us all how much they hate Mick and Stevie and how the band should just curl up and die now are still here and still telling us those same things. It is the people who are exhausted with it all that left for livelier forums where there are other things to talk about. Those people were not driven off because they were angry with Stevie. And now back I go to one of those forums to rejoin a pretty cool conversation with some nice people about things that are happening now.
They were angry with Stevie. What planet do you live on? She may not be able to do any wrong in your world, but she has in the real world. Her and Mick. Self absorbed people and it will never be forgotten. They ruined the final curtain of a great band.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw Bob Seger last night in Pittsburgh. I talked to the lady sitting behind me and she said Stevie Nicks was her girl and she wanted to see her concert. She missed her last time and I told her I thought she was touring next summer. Later another lady sitting beside her started talking to her and the conversation turned to their love for Stevie Nicks. So apparently there are still a lot of fans out there for her.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-18-2019, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
So where do you guys all hang out now? Is it a FB group?
I'd like to know this too, if it's not all FB groups (I deleted my FB, so those aren't an option anymore), would you be willing to PM me? Thx.

Last edited by HoursAndHours; 10-18-2019 at 04:40 PM..
Old 10-18-2019, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a Facebook group. We're still under one thousand members. I model it sorta after The Ledge. It's a group about Stevie but a sense of humor is welcome there. You don't have to worship her. I won't tell you what it's called without Michele's permission. But if she gives me the ok, all are welcome. I also allow pics to be posted about any of the FM band members and other band's too if that interests you.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I have a Facebook group. We're still under one thousand members. I model it sorta after The Ledge. It's a group about Stevie but a sense of humor is welcome there. You don't have to worship her. I won't tell you what it's called without Michele's permission. But if she gives me the ok, all are welcome. I also allow pics to be posted about any of the FM band members and other band's too if that interests you.
Sure, give them the name. I think that’s great.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Sure, give them the name. I think that’s great.
How kind of you. The group is called: Stevie Nicks Is In My Dreams
Old 10-20-2019, 07:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Anyone else think the record label/management might be a bit to blame? The Stand Back collection had songs labeled as single mixes that weren't single mixes and lots of confusion on which versions would be available physically. Where are the remasters of at least Rock A Little and OSOTM? Both Top 20 albums with lots of remixes and b-sides to choose from. Stevie may not want to record anymore but could easily release rare songs/remixes that are harder to find. I too am tired of the fighting and bickering but will never tire of the poetry in the lyrics that helped me throughout life.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We all have different degrees of anger. I don't mind the band bashing. At times it can be quite humorous. There once was a time I completely worshiped this band but then I grew up and saw them as people. Nothing is going to make me leave The Ledge. I love it here. No one ever gives me a hard time. I think most people know Stevie is my favorite. I will always go and see her live, whether that be in Fleetwood Mac or by herself. She has enhanced my life more than any other celebrity in the world. Whatever the year it is, when I am at the concert I always say to myself how lucky I am the performer I most loved when I was a teenager is standing in front of me right now. 43 years now!
Old 10-21-2019, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie fanfom?

(Personally don’t get it, but I got to see Christine McVie a few more times, so I’m good.)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-28-2019, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Done with the woman, as I like my music springing from integrity and innovation. That's all.

Old 10-29-2019, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Done with the woman, as I like my music springing from integrity and innovation. That's all.
I think she should stop touring for a bit and make some guest appearances on 90 Day Fiance. Imagine her haggling with Angela.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-05-2019, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Peoples love for Steve he hasn’t changed one little iota. The nasty people on this board have driven away all Stevie fans with their disgusting behavior. They all know it. It was their goal to do so. They are bitter because they are just bitter people. Misery loves company. I left this board because it’s just ridiculous anymore. There are tons of other places to get information on what’s going on. This isn’t a Fleetwood Mac board anymore. It is a let’s cry about Lindsey Buckingham board. There is no ownership of his part in all this. It’s all blamed on Stevie and Mick Fleetwood. It’s laughable.