User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-03-2018, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
SHOCKING that you would say it doesn't matter that Lindsey isn't there. If Stevie were singing with a band full of real goats, you'd say she was great.

Why don't you stop harassing her! Are you a child throwing a temper tantrum?
****ing grow up!
Old 11-04-2018, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

By now, I don't understand the Stevie bashing anymore. FM tours, they do great and they all seem happy. Lindsey is touring, he sounds great and seems happy.

It is over.

And it does not seem to hurt anyone that much anymore, either. It seems more and more possible that this turns out a good thing for everyone involved.
So if the people living the drama can move on, why can't this board?

Stevie herself now shoulders FM live, she takes responsiblitiy, works harder to make sure the fans have a good time. It's the first ime in decades that she doesn't play the victim. That's actually quite great.

Every member of the band takes some responibility for the situation, either through their actions, or through not acting in any way. We all have known for decades that Stevie had problems with Lindsey (their onstage-love-affair-nonsence notwithstanding). So why single her out as a traitor, when actually she was the only one talking about the bands problems before.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 11-04-2018 at 03:00 AM..
Old 11-04-2018, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
By now, I don't understand the Stevie bashing anymore. FM tours, they do great and they all seem happy. Lindsey is touring, he sounds great and seems happy.

It is over.

And it does not seem to hurt anyone that much anymore, either. It seems more and more possible that this turns out a good thing for everyone involved.

Stevie herself now shoulders FM live, she takes responsiblitiy, works harder to make sure the fans have a good time. It's the first ime in decades that she doesn't play the victim. That's actually quite great.

Every member of the band takes some responibility for the situation, either through their actions, or through not acting in any way. We all have known for decades that Stevie had problems with Lindsey (their onstage-love-affair-nonsence notwithstanding). So why single her out as a traitor, when actually she was the only one talking about the bands problems before.

Well, you don't know me, and I don't know you, so it seems fair that you can't tell the other person how they are suppose to feel.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^...never mind. It's the Ledge, that is exactly what we are doing here all the time.

And I strongly feel that you (all) could be over the split by now.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post

It is over.

I think Fleetwood Mac XIV has a lot of things going for it, and it's not the first time that a firing or a blow-up has forced a change. Live, the act is good and I particularly like Mike Campbell's inflections- in an ideal world I would be very interested to see how Neil would mesh with Chris and Stevie in the studio. However, I am not kidding myself that this eventuality becomes a reality, given the age, health and egos of one or two of the band's members. Stevie will probably want her three years off, again. Will a tour in 2022 be credible, given these factors?

So it's not about that. It's how they got to this point. I love Lindsey's solo work and look forward to his next album very much, with the added bit of spleen that may emerge. It's just that with us having miraculously got Fleetwood Mac X back for a third run-around, this was no way for a band of this stature to find this detour away from the final sunset. I'm not over Stevie weaselling out of giving us the gift of a final album from those five people; that's why I'm not really over it and I don't expect everyone else to be either.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

As promised earlier in this thread I went looking for bootlegs from the Say You Will Tour and found quite a few. I chose this one from early in the tour. It's Philadelphia, PA 5/19/03. It sounds good. A few things I noticed from a cursory listen: Stand Back seems like it's being played really fast. Lindsey struggles with the first verse of What's the World Coming To. The taper has two tracks of nothing but applause and that's how I labeled them.
I found only the first disc of the Madison show we talked about earlier. I'll keep looking for the other disc. I'm pretty sure I have Columbus, OH with all the dropped songs (Running Through the Garden, Destiny Rules, Don't Let Me Down Again) if anyone's interested.
One of the things I noticed about some of the SYW tour boots is that some of them are 3 discs.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sxgdxa...19-03.zip/file
Disc 1:
The Chain
Dreams
Eyes of the World
Peacekeeper
Second Hand News
Say You Will
Never Going Back Again
Rhiannon
Come
Gypsy
Big Love
Landslide
Say Goodbye
What's the World Coming to

Disc 2:
Beautiful Child
Gold Dust Woman
I'm So Afraid
Silver Springs
Tusk
Stand Back
Go Your Own Way
applause
World Turning
Band intro
Don't Stop
applause
Goodbye Baby
Old 11-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
However, I am not kidding myself that this eventuality becomes a reality, given the age, health and egos of one or two of the band's members. Stevie will probably want her three years off, again. Will a tour in 2022 be credible, given these factors?
I think it will happen if Mike wants it. He holds the one card Stevie doesn’t, but wishes she did: The Heartbreakers. And, I think it will be more like 2020 when it wraps up, if it happens. Mick’s said “18 months” in his interviews. Thus far, the announcced dates only go out eight months.

Quote:
It's just that with us having miraculously got Fleetwood Mac X back for a third run-around, this was no way for a band of this stature to find this detour away from the final sunset. I'm not over Stevie weaselling out of giving us the gift of a final album from those five people; that's why I'm not really over it and I don't expect everyone else to be either.
I completely understand and don’t necessarily disagree, but I actually can’t imagine a more Fleetwood Mac ending. The biggest things they’re known for are tragically blown potential, drama, conflict, back-stabbing, and especially breaking up. A nice, happy, tidy, expected ending seems so antithetical to the Fleetwood Mac story.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-04-2018, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

I completely understand and don’t necessarily disagree, but I actually can’t imagine a more Fleetwood Mac ending. The biggest things they’re known for are tragically blown potential, drama, conflict, back-stabbing, and especially breaking up. A nice, happy, tidy, expected ending seems so antithetical to the Fleetwood Mac story.
A fine point, very well made.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
As promised earlier in this thread I went looking for bootlegs from the Say You Will Tour and found quite a few. I chose this one from early in the tour. It's Philadelphia, PA 5/19/03. It sounds good. A few things I noticed from a cursory listen: Stand Back seems like it's being played really fast. Lindsey struggles with the first verse of What's the World Coming To. The taper has two tracks of nothing but applause and that's how I labeled them.
I found only the first disc of the Madison show we talked about earlier. I'll keep looking for the other disc. I'm pretty sure I have Columbus, OH with all the dropped songs (Running Through the Garden, Destiny Rules, Don't Let Me Down Again) if anyone's interested.
One of the things I noticed about some of the SYW tour boots is that some of them are 3 discs.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sxgdxa...19-03.zip/file
Disc 1:
The Chain
Dreams
Eyes of the World
Peacekeeper
Second Hand News
Say You Will
Never Going Back Again
Rhiannon
Come
Gypsy
Big Love
Landslide
Say Goodbye
What's the World Coming to

Disc 2:
Beautiful Child
Gold Dust Woman
I'm So Afraid
Silver Springs
Tusk
Stand Back
Go Your Own Way
applause
World Turning
Band intro
Don't Stop
applause
Goodbye Baby

Thankyou so much!
Old 11-05-2018, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyleo View Post
Thankyou so much!
You are most welcome. I'm going to post one from 2004 when there's a different set list. So far, I've only found one that I like, Chula Vista, CA. The sound isn't as good and you can hear people bitching about other people standing up during the show. So I'll keep looking.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

SYW tour set list is beautiful omg.

I love that album.

But how can he skip over Steal Your Heart Away? That song is so beautiful.