The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Shouldn't we be hearing about tour dates soon?

I know LB and CM just got done with their tour. But LB has stated plans to tour early 2018 solo. Tomorrow is December already, shouldn't dates be announced quickly to give time for planning, and purchasing of tickets for fans? Normally you get a 2-3 month lead time. Are we looking at a spring tour then? Summer off, fall "rehersals" winter Mac tour?
Old 11-30-2017, 01:45 PM
Ledgie

He hasn't even said what the album's title is yet, so when he does that, the tour dates will probably be announced soon after.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think for his last solo tour dates started showing up mid March for the tour starting in May so if this solo tour starts in March or somewhere there I wouldn’t expect the dates to show up before mid January if not later. That said I wish we had dates so we can plan our spring!

And as Rudie said, I wish we hear more about the album soon so we know it’s actually really happening!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-30-2017, 06:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

He mentioned in an interview that his solo album would come out around March. I'm personally hoping he waits until Feb. or later to announce tour dates to give my credit card time to recover from the holidays
Old 12-17-2017, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If the album is indeed coming out in (early) March, we should have an announcement about a title and release date in the next 2-3 weeks!
Old 12-19-2017, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If FM rehearsals start in March, how is Lindsey planning to tour for his record?
Old 12-19-2017, 06:42 PM
Ledgie

Shhh....

Let LB do stuff that he actually likes versus doing stuff for mainly money.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My guess is that since the album was originally planned for January, but has obviously been pushed back, so too have the FM rehearsals....but not by much. That's why the album has to be out no later than the first week or two of March!
(Unless, of course, he pulls a 24 Karat, which I can't see....he seems very happy with this album, and wants to ride the B/M momentum!).
Old 12-20-2017, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Shhh....

Let LB do stuff that he actually likes versus doing stuff for mainly money.
Yes, please!

Even though I'd love to follow FM on a tour, I'd prefer to follow happy Lindsey and strum his guitar once in a while.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Do rehearsals start in March? I thought the tour got pushed back to the END of 2018? If that's the case, rehearsals might night start until summer.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Do rehearsals start in March? I thought the tour got pushed back to the END of 2018? If that's the case, rehearsals might night start until summer.
no, they don't. probably summer if the FM tour starts late summer / fall.

i'd really like to know the schedule for Lindsey's album release and subsequent tour. my year is filling up and i'd really like to try follow him around as much as possible like i did BuckVie!

maybe we'll find out something during that grammy week / musicares appearances?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-04-2018, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My parents 50th anniversary is this year. My sister wants to plan something but I'm stalling till I know the tour schedule.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
My parents 50th anniversary is this year. My sister wants to plan something but I'm stalling till I know the tour schedule.
Sometimes these people don't realize how much our lives are ruled by them.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-19-2018, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Sometimes these people don't realize how much our lives are ruled by them.
Ain't that the truth! Let them try being a diehard fan for years and see how they like it!!
Old 04-19-2018, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Ain't that the truth! Let them try being a diehard fan for years and see how they like it!!
Some of them, like Lindsey, care about fans. Others, like Mick and Stevie, doesn't care at all.