Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2018, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Me too, especially for the harmonies.
they did Think About Me last year at both Classics, and also Aus / NZ leg of OWTS tour.

they already said they will be doing DDIO and Stop Draggin, and i would be shocked if they don't do those two, same with Stand Back back in the set.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-08-2018, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I hate people that film concerts with their phones. But I love watching their videos on youtube But you do remember why I made that bet? Because its do doubtful anything from the Rick and Billy era would ever be played.

Still not sure about the concert. I just checked ticketmaster and the arena is a little over 70% sold but there is almost a full half year before the show. I bought tickets to Stevie's 24K Gold show late when the arena was full and they opened up these excellent side seats. If the set list blows me away (doubtful), good seats open up (possible) then maybe. But count me as a no right now. However next month I see Lindsey front row and get to meet him. I've been thinking what I want to ask him if I am allowed to ask a question. Really looking forward to that. I loved the Buck/Vie tour so much. It was SO GOOD. So are you going?
I am going to see FM in either Cleveland or Columbus, not sure which yet. Columbus is much closer, but I have several friends who are going to see them in Cleveland so I'm waiting until it gets closer to the date before I decide where I'll see them.

Lindsey I am tempted to see in Canton, but I'm hesitant to go by myself. I think it is effing awesome that a concert ticket nets the buyer a free copy of his album. I have never heard of that before and I think it's brilliant. Ironically, if FM did the same thing, the haters would say they had to do that to sell tickets and make fun of them. It really is a great idea and I think it's great Lindsey is doing that. Also, even though I love a lot of Lindsey's FM music, I've never been able to get into his solo music as much. I think his music is more tempered with FM, more restrained, if you will. And unlike Christine and Stevie, who have very few songs with FM that I hate, there are a handful of Lindsey songs, solo and with FM, that I really hate, and they also seem to be the ones he performs live LOL! I really just need to buy a ticket to his show and quit over thinking it!

Hope you enjoy meeting Lindsey
Old 09-09-2018, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Forget about performing songs pre 1975. Sing all the songs from your 1975-1987 albums that you have never done live before and if the ladies don't want to sing their own songs from that time period let the new guys sing them. The FM audience might know those songs more than something from 1973. Or even better yet, bring back Lindsey Buckingham!!
Old 09-09-2018, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Landslide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Stevie said there are 10 songs Fleetwood Mac HAS to perform, and then they whittle their catalog down to 13 more songs.

My guess:
The Chain
Songbird
Don't Stop
Dreams
Go Your Own Way
Rhiannon
You Make Loving Fun
Gold Dust Woman

I guess the other 2 would be Say You Love Me and Landslide.

What are your guesses? Btw, I could really go without ever hearing Gold Dust Woman and Rhiannon again, but other people would probably say the same thing about Landslide or Dreams.

Please please please Christine, sing As Long As You Follow!
I think "Landslide" is a given these days. But like Stevie's recent tour showed, you can shake things up, play songs never played and even omit what you would think she always plays = "Dreams". I love "Dreams" but didn't miss it at all because of the gems we did get like "The Wild Heart" "If You Were My Love" and "Crying in the Night."

Fleetwood Mac shouldn't do none of Lindsey's songs, not even "Go Your Own Way" - let either "Rhiannon" or "Don't Stop" be the "before the encores" set closer. Just play Christine and Stevie's songs - they have enough hits and quality songs to make it work. And please don't play any solo, Heartbreakers, or Neil Finn songs.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I know this wont happen. But it would be wonderful to open with a rocking version of The Green Manalishi. Stevie can sing along with Neil and even through a verse line to Christine. Talk about making a statement. Classic Mac and a new band.
Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziwspbzfvOc

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-09-2018 at 06:03 PM..
Old 09-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Ledgie

I’m hoping for mostly 1975-1987 tracks. I’d love for the show to be 90% Chris and Stevie with Neil only doing GYOW (which I’d rather them not) and The Chain.
Pre Buckingham Nicks songs are good but only a couple of them will do.
Both ladies could get 3 deep cuts each (which is only a dream) but we saw on Stevie’s tour last year that anything is possible. Trading in DREAMS for Bella Donna and Wild Heart.
From Christine I’d love Only Over You, As Long As You Follow and either Mystified (don’t trash me lol!) or Brown Eyes. I know she isn’t as great vocally but I’d rather hear her destroy one of those than YMLF for the 100th time.
From Stevie I’d love Straight Back, Beautiful Child or Storms.
I’m so hoping for Sisters of the Moon which is a possibility, I think it should be one of the finale songs replacing Silver Springs. Make it 7 minutes instead and cut GDW in half.
I don’t have high expectations setlist wise though. :/
Old 09-09-2018, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd support Fleetwood Mac doing a lot more Neil Finn stuff. That way, I wouldn't have old performances in my head casting a long shadow over the new performances. I don't think there's anything the new configuration could do for Rhiannon or The Chain that an old version on YouTube wouldn't wipe the floor with. So better to make Neil Finn the star attraction and highlight his body of work.

moviekinks.blogspot.com