Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 11-3-18 Ottawa,Ontario(Canada) Videos & Reviews

Rhiannon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIQckz0UX1s

Landslide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF9A0_3ck9Y

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DF9A0_3ck9Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by vivfox; 11-04-2018 at 07:42 AM..
Old 11-04-2018, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't Dream It's Over:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvQ1TmMFHEw
Old 11-04-2018, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

apparently this reviewer didn't get the FM PR script / mgmt incentive to paste so the review didn't toe the line "so much better without LB!" -

https://twitter.com/exclaimdotca/sta...59572273864704
Fleetwood Mac delivered the hits in Ottawa, but they seemed unable to move past the gaping hole left by Lindsey Buckingham's departure.

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/flee...ign=edctwitter

Fleetwood Mac
Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa ON, November 3
Fleetwood Mac Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa ON, November 3
Photo: Kamara Morozuk

By Daniel Sylvester
Published Nov 04, 2018

Although much has been made about Lindsey Buckingham's dismissal from Fleetwood Mac earlier this year, the band has been a revolving door since their formation in 1968. Hitting the nation's capital for their fourth consecutive tour, the Ottawa fans seemed nonplussed about the departure of one of the band's chief songwriters, packing the 19,000 capacity Canadian Tire Centre for "An Evening with Fleetwood Mac."

Heading up the 11-piece live band, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie were joined onstage by Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie, along with newcomers Neil Finn from Crowded House and former Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell, whose lazy guitar style seemed out of step with his new band members.

Curiously opening the show with "The Chain," Finn sounded youthful and charming while replicating Buckingham's vocals, while the Christine McVie-penned "Little Lies" energized the crowd, who went on to sing along with Nicks passionately during "Dreams." Moving into Rumours album track "Second Hand News," the band flew through "Say You Love Me" and "Everywhere," which found McVie struggling to propel her reedy voice across the massive arena. The Nicks-sung "Black Magic Woman" (a Fleetwood Mac original made famous by Santana) featured a spectacular Christine McVie keyboard solo that unfortunately found much of the crowd leaving their seats to explore the arena's concourse.

Just as "Rhiannon" sent the audience back into a frenzy, the band ventured into a set of songs specifically designed for hardcore fans, playing pre-Buckingham/Nicks material that included 1970's "Tell Me All the Things You Do" and 1969's "Oh Well" with Campbell on vocals. "World Turning" stretched out to include an unremarkable and borderline-exasperating 14-minute drum solo from Mick Fleetwood that acted as a makeshift intermission for the other members.

After a solid rendition of "Gypsy," much of the band abandoned the stage again, leaving Finn alone with his acoustic guitar to belt out his Crowded House hit "Don't Dream It's Over." Then, following "Isn't It Midnight" and "Monday Morning," the band finished strong with fan favourites "You Make Loving Fun" and "Gold Dust Woman" before closing the set off with Buckingham's "Go Your Own Way."

Returning to the stage for an encore, Nicks took over the vocals for their cover of Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'" that found the stage's video screen maudlinly flashing photos of Petty with Stevie and/or Campbell. After another Buckingham song, "Don't Stop," the band closed off the show with Christine McVie's soft rock ballad "All Over Again" from 1995's little-remembered Time. That song, which is about moving on from a breakup and looking forward to the future, may or may not have been an analogy for the band's recent split.

Although Nicks' magnetic stage presence gave their set some much-needed energy, Fleetwood Mac's latest incarnation seemed obsessed with their former band member, finding them utterly unable to stop themselves from reminding the crowd about the gaping hole Buckingham's departure left on the evening's performance.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 11-04-2018 at 02:30 PM..
Old 11-04-2018, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

And yet you haven't even posted KBChrush's awful diss of Ottawa because ONE PERSON said something she didn't like about Tusk. I'm disappointed really. That empress has no clothes.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 11-04-2018 at 06:45 PM..
Old 11-04-2018, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Davey likey! He likey!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-04-2018, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
And yet you haven't even posted KBChrush's awful dis of Ottawa because ONE PERSON said something she didn't like about Tusk. I'm disappointed really. That empress has no clothes.
Now really, how is
Quote:
Resentful of Tusk even to this day? seriously? Ottawa you’re ridiculous....and bland🙉
an awful diss?
Old 11-04-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Go Your Own Way: (snippet)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh1dkqqRqZA
Old 11-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Now really, how is an awful diss?
I don't think it's cool of her to diss all of Ottowa because an admitted fan said they didn't like Tusk. Good luck selling tickets there. I've just never seen the band or any of their associates diss an entire city before.
What's wrong with Canada? It also makes me wonder WTH is actually going on in Camp Buckingham.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac
Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa ON, November 3

By Daniel Sylvester
Published Nov 04, 2018
7 Although much has been made about Lindsey Buckingham's dismissal from Fleetwood Mac earlier this year, the band has been a revolving door since their formation in 1968. Hitting the nation's capital for their fourth consecutive tour, the Ottawa fans seemed nonplussed about the departure of one of the band's chief songwriters, packing the 19,000 capacity Canadian Tire Centre for "An Evening with Fleetwood Mac."

Heading up the 11-piece live band, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie were joined onstage by Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie, along with newcomers Neil Finn from Crowded House and former Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell, whose lazy guitar style seemed out of step with his new band members.

Curiously opening the show with "The Chain," Finn sounded youthful and charming while replicating Buckingham's vocals, while the Christine McVie-penned "Little Lies" energized the crowd, who went on to sing along with Nicks passionately during "Dreams." Moving into Rumours album track "Second Hand News," the band flew through "Say You Love Me" and "Everywhere," which found McVie struggling to propel her reedy voice across the massive arena. The Nicks-sung "Black Magic Woman" (a Fleetwood Mac original made famous by Santana) featured a spectacular Christine McVie keyboard solo that unfortunately found much of the crowd leaving their seats to explore the arena's concourse.

Just as "Rhiannon" sent the audience back into a frenzy, the band ventured into a set of songs specifically designed for hardcore fans, playing pre-Buckingham/Nicks material that included 1970's "Tell Me All the Things You Do" and 1969's "Oh Well" with Campbell on vocals. "World Turning" stretched out to include an unremarkable and borderline-exasperating 14-minute drum solo from Mick Fleetwood that acted as a makeshift intermission for the other members.

After a solid rendition of "Gypsy," much of the band abandoned the stage again, leaving Finn alone with his acoustic guitar to belt out his Crowded House hit "Don't Dream It's Over." Then, following "Isn't It Midnight" and "Monday Morning," the band finished strong with fan favourites "You Make Loving Fun" and "Gold Dust Woman" before closing the set off with Buckingham's "Go Your Own Way."

Returning to the stage for an encore, Nicks took over the vocals for their cover of Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'" that found the stage's video screen maudlinly flashing photos of Petty with Stevie and/or Campbell. After another Buckingham song, "Don't Stop," the band closed off the show with Christine McVie's soft rock ballad "All Over Again" from 1995's little-remembered Time. That song, which is about moving on from a breakup and looking forward to the future, may or may not have been an analogy for the band's recent split.

Although Nicks' magnetic stage presence gave their set some much-needed energy, Fleetwood Mac's latest incarnation seemed obsessed with their former band member, finding them utterly unable to stop themselves from reminding the crowd about the gaping hole Buckingham's departure left on the evening's performance.

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/flee..._on_november_3
Old 11-04-2018, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think it's cool of her to diss all of Ottowa because an admitted fan said they didn't like Tusk. Good luck selling tickets there. I've just never seen the band or any of their associates diss an entire city before.
What's wrong with Canada? It also makes me wonder WTH is actually going on in Camp Buckingham.
Do you have any other hobbies?
Old 11-04-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

(Stevie on Landslide) "I've sung this song on every stage I've ever stood on, which is like three million, and I always dedicate to someone, and tonight... I'd er... reach out and ... um.. just dedicate it you... Yep, straight out. Just straight up."

lol Lost for inspiration in Ottawa it seems.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
(Stevie on Landslide) "I've sung this song on every stage I've ever stood on, which is like three million, and I always dedicate to someone, and tonight... I'd er... reach out and ... um.. just dedicate it you... Yep, straight out. Just straight up."

lol Lost for inspiration in Ottawa it seems.
Poutine is only so inspirational.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-04-2018, 09:07 PM
Junior Ledgie

To be fair, Ottawa is a vacant parking lot of a city
Old 11-05-2018, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder what Daniel Sylvester meant by that. "Lazy" like "languid," "southern"?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-05-2018, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsitopen View Post
To be fair, Ottawa is a vacant parking lot of a city
But those internet pictures of Rideau Canal make it look like Prague.

moviekinks.blogspot.com