The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:09 PM

You can count me too am0ng those that love Too far from Texas!
And also, Rumours Silver Springs is the best for me too.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 06-29-2015 at 05:08 PM..
Old 06-29-2015, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

1) I think the Wild Heart album is awful.
2) I really dig the back to basics rock sound of the Street Angel album.
3) I also agree that the Practical Magic Crystal is the best Crystal.
4) I don't want Dave Stewart anywhere near a FM album, even if it's just to produce Stevie's songs.
5) I'm ready for Stevie to retire her solo career, and dedicate her remaining years to FM.
6) The vocal coach Stevie has used the past 2 decades totally destroyed the quality of Stevie's voice. She belts/shouts everything now, and there is no nuance left to her voice, and her gorgeous tone has been ruined.
7) I would prefer Stevie never tour again- I'd much rather her put time into recording.
8) I respect Lindsey as an artist more than I do Stevie.
9) Everyone around here is always harping about Stevie wearing color- but I prefer Stevie in black.
10) The whole Stevie/Lindsey romance thing is played out, and I have zero interest in it. In fact, the focus on it rather angers me.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
1) I think the Wild Heart album is awful.
2) I really dig the back to basics rock sound of the Street Angel album.
3) I also agree that the Practical Magic Crystal is the best Crystal.
4) I don't want Dave Stewart anywhere near a FM album, even if it's just to produce Stevie's songs.
5) I'm ready for Stevie to retire her solo career, and dedicate her remaining years to FM.
6) The vocal coach Stevie has used the past 2 decades totally destroyed the quality of Stevie's voice. She belts/shouts everything now, and there is no nuance left to her voice, and her gorgeous tone has been ruined.
7) I would prefer Stevie never tour again- I'd much rather her put time into recording.
8) I respect Lindsey as an artist more than I do Stevie.
9) Everyone around here is always harping about Stevie wearing color- but I prefer Stevie in black.
10) The whole Stevie/Lindsey romance thing is played out, and I have zero interest in it. In fact, the focus on it rather angers me.
you're breaking my "Wild Heart" louie2K!!
1. I love me some WH, to me it's the seminal Stevie solo record
6. her vocals on the recording of IYD n 24K seem to recapture a bit of the nuance.. especially the breathiness and falsetto - flirting... though the touring voice is indeed too harsh for my taste.. I think the last great touring vocals were SA/Dance/ and Enchanted
9. she is striking in black, but I absolutely worship her in Ivory ala the Sorcerer video! I also think she is stunning in the wine-y/red colors and I would kill to see her rocking a rich chocolate brown palette
Old 06-29-2015, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I like it, too and when I first got the album, I liked it most. But that changed over the next 2 years. I still like TFFT, but it's like #7 for me on TISL, not #1.
I think it's tied in the middle of the pack for me (and I only ever listen to seven songs off that album anyway, but I so love those seven songs). It's just a simple cowboy song, but I always liked Stevie's country side.

Re. The Wild Heart, the synths are just too much for me but I like the songs underneath for the most part.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post

Red Rocks is TERRIBLE.

The Chris Lord-Alge single remix of Blue Denim is better than both the album version and Enchanted version.
Amen to both of these!

Also agree the FM version (B-side of GYOW) is the best, best version of Silver Springs.

I think Stevie squandered her talent (most especially her voice) for bullsht partying and it pisses me off.

Her voice hasn't been great for years. Her voice now can't hold a candle to her mid 70s to about 1982/3 voice.

I think she can be a TOTAL b*tch when she puts her mind to it, and I think she puts her mind to it way more than people here think.

I think she and Lindsey personally can't be in room together for very long before a fight of some sort breaks out.

I wouldn't be surprised if she hooked up with John.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Since I'm a mellow light rock person.I know I beached about Stevie's You Can't Fix This 100 times on here .I'll give it another chance if there is a remix to mellow the noise down for I can hear Stevie instead of the racket of noise.I love to find the stems for the song.

Ooh Some of the comments hurt here almost like my two bee stings I received this week.Everybody has a right to give a opinion on things.

More likely I enjoy the rest of her work and FM's work.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 06-30-2015 at 12:20 AM..
Old 06-30-2015, 04:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpjr View Post
All of her videos are horrible. "Talk to me" is the only one that is watchable. You would think that during that time, the mid 80's, when it was all about "the video," Stevie would have put some thought into making a KILLER video for some of her singles. The "Stand Back" video???? That could have been made to be a classic. "Gypsy " is sooooooooooooo good, I'm surprised she didn't use the same production people to do something for her solo stuff.
aren't Talk To Me, I Can't Wait, Sometimes It's A Bitch basically the same video?
Old 06-30-2015, 04:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
aren't Talk To Me, I Can't Wait, Sometimes It's A Bitch basically the same video?
hahaha. Yes, you are correct. Pefect examples, zero brainstorming. Such a shame as her record sales began to drop, a good video certainly would have/could have boosted sales. Visuals stay in your mind. But I'm not Stevie's marketing person, but if I had been..................
Old 06-30-2015, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

PREACH

Quote:
I would rather her quit FM and focus her remaining years on getting out Vaults 2 and 3 and touring for those
Old 06-30-2015, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great Thread!

My #1 is that Stevie is billed as a living legend. One common thread throughout her career is that she has been consistently inconsistent. She's only written and released a handful of truly classic songs and possessed a truly killer voice for 4 short years. Disclaimer: Love her to bits despite all of the flaws (deeply rooted to boot)

#2 That her concerts are wonderful. As with #1, she has truly shone at a handful of concerts others she has been non-present or having lots of voice issues.

#3 That Edge of Seventeen is great live: I haven't yet heard a live version that comes close to the studio. I remember hearing WWD concert video and thinking wtf has she lowered the just like the white winged dove, as with dreams live, the lowering zaps the song of its power.

#4 Street Angel has some of her strongest vocals: This period showed promise for her voice, powerful, lush and with awesome tone. The way she showed up for Rick Vito's Desiree was just stellar and I remember thinking, she's back!

#5 That bringing out Beautiful Child and Storms was a bold move. To me, both of these amazing songs fell flat on latter year Mac tours and she really ought to have bowed out of both of these tours because she was not on in her game.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Agree totally:
Quote:
Amen to both of these!

Also agree the FM version (B-side of GYOW) is the best, best version of Silver Springs.

I think Stevie squandered her talent (most especially her voice) for bullsht partying and it pisses me off.

Her voice hasn't been great for years. Her voice now can't hold a candle to her mid 70s to about 1982/3 voice.

I think she can be a TOTAL b*tch when she puts her mind to it, and I think she puts her mind to it way more than people here think.

I think she and Lindsey personally can't be in room together for very long before a fight of some sort breaks out.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

These aren't "Unpopular Stevie opinions", these are exactly the very same things all fans keep complaining about since the dawn of time.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

*Street Angel is a great album
*It's time to say goodbye to the Fleetwood Mac tour machine and spend time recording and releasing music. Probably not that unpopular of an opinion.
*I Will Run To You is better than SDMHA
*Stevie is generally awful when performing live in concert (there are stellar moments - but I said "generally")
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 06-30-2015, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
1) 9) Everyone around here is always harping about Stevie wearing color- but I prefer Stevie in black.
Well, that's a new one. I don't mind the black now, but if she'd only worn black in the early days I think that would have been AWFUL and I would have missed all the colors we have in the past photos. But for today's Stevie, I don't care. Even if she only wears black, she could change up the cut, though.

Michele
Old 06-30-2015, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with Louie2K. I like her in black.She the woman in black like Johnny Cash was the man in black.

The problem with SDMHA live is I rather hear Tom's parts from Tom only.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016