The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Realistically.....What Can We Expect From Christine?

While Chris seems gung ho now, the fact remains....she will be 75 next July, and I just don't see her as someone who would overstay her welcome, so to speak.

If Fleetwood Mac does tour for most of 2018-2019, would there still be time for both another B/M album AND the album of blues covers and originals that she's talked about doing with Mick and John (and, hopefully, Rick Vito!)?

I guess if there are already a few B/M tracks in the can, and they did some work on the road, it would be doable..... but I just don't know....!
Old 10-24-2017, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This is just my opinion but I see the next tour as the last act of Fleetwood Mac. I don't see even Stevie recording new music. I don't see another Buckingham/McVie album either. Its quite possible if everyone stays healthy that after the tour the Mac could pop up with a live show here or there. I think Lindsey was promoting optimism with saying its not the end of Fleetwood Mac.
But then again, no one saw Christine coming back and touring extensively. Her voice is leaving her sadly but its what you would expect for someone in their mid 70's. When the tour is over in 2019 I think there will be a long break. Its just so impossible to see them do anything but a few live shows here or there after that. If they could not make an album together when Christine came back then how could anyone believe they would ever record together again. I just think this is why Christine is staying so busy with recording and touring. She is making up for lost time and realizes she can only do this a few more years.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-24-2017 at 08:13 AM..
Old 10-24-2017, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
(. . .) AND the album of blues covers and originals that she's talked about doing with Mick and John (and, hopefully, Rick Vito!)?
wow, i must've missed out on this completely - where and when was she talking about this (sources)? that would really be something! (although - if i were them, i'd rather consider snowy white on guitar . . .)
Old 10-24-2017, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
wow, i must've missed out on this completely - where and when was she talking about this (sources)? that would really be something! (although - if i were them, i'd rather consider snowy white on guitar . . .)
She's been talking about it for 30 years now!

Quote:
“The next thing is to make a Fleetwood Mac album and after that I’m thinking of doing a bluesy album for myself,” says McVie. “It wouldn’t be straight 12-bar blues, but I’d like to use Rick because he’s such a great guitar player.”
Quote:
SandG: Do you ever feel the calling for doing more blues?

Christine: Yes I do, not all of the time, but no matter how burried it may sound there is a lot of blues influence in my most unbluesy songs. I have thought about doing another blues album... Not just 12-bar blues, that would put people to sleep these days. That is where I came from though. The days when I was back and forth in a transit van, hauling my own equipment into the pubs to play.
Quote:
McVie’s plans aren’t quite so for along, but she knows what she’d like to do next. "If I do another solo album. it’ll be a blues record. Not necessarily my own songs, either, I would like to dig deep into the really unknown blues records and get some great blues musicians on it. I’d probably have John and Mick on it as well, since they come from that English blues era it’s something l would love to do if I have the time and if don't die first. Vert pretty healthy, so I should be fine.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-25-2017, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

thanxalot, steve! i knew she talked about it many years ago, but i didn't know she revived those plans as recently as this year. let's hope for the best . . . !
Old 10-25-2017, 04:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If she's going to do anything then it would need to be done very soon (while Lindsey is releasing/touring his new record ahead of the next FM tour). I don't think Christine has it in her to be the prime driver behind a blues record but if Mick wanted to do something with Rick then I'm sure he could push things through with Christine also involved.

I don't see her realistically doing anything more after a 2 year world tour. She is looking quite frail.

Edit: I'm not sure frail is quite the right term, but certainly her best performing days are long, long gone.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-25-2017, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I don't think Christine has it in her to be the prime driver behind a blues record but if Mick wanted to do something with Rick then I'm sure he could push things through with Christine also involved.

I don't see her realistically doing anything more after a 2 year world tour. She is looking quite frail.
I disagree. I think she could easily do a blues album. It's not like blues artists are known for their youth. Buddy Guy is 81, John Mayall is 83, B.B. King was in his late '80s before he retired, and Sippie Wallace played until she was nearly 88, so if she stays healthy, I see no reason why she couldn't do one, especially with Mick, Rick, and John.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-26-2017, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I disagree. I think she could easily do a blues album. It's not like blues artists are known for their youth. Buddy Guy is 81, John Mayall is 83, B.B. King was in his late '80s before he retired, and Sippie Wallace played until she was nearly 88, so if she stays healthy, I see no reason why she couldn't do one, especially with Mick, Rick, and John.
I agree....in fact, John is the one who has said he can't see himself doing this past 75.....not sure if that was music in general, or just Fleetwood Mac in particular.
That said, I bet if Chris (and Mick!) asked, he would say yes!
I just worry that, after 18-24 months on the road, Lindsey might push for a second B/M album....and Chris will give in to that!
Old 10-26-2017, 12:27 PM

I hope they do another Buckingham/McVie album. Her voice has sounded so much better as the tour has gone on. And she sounds fantastic on the album.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Me too, hoping for another BM album. They clearly enjoy this so much more(if lacking the huge paycheck that FM is). Bring it!
Old 11-14-2017, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I hope they do another Buckingham/McVie album. Her voice has sounded so much better as the tour has gone on. And she sounds fantastic on the album.
Agreed, Doll!
Old 11-15-2017, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Christine herself is going to want to record something. It's clear she's glad to be back in music, and wants to make up for lost time.

I have been wishing she'd record that blues album for decades, but realistically, I think the most likely would be BuckVie II. I think she's entirely capable of recording another album with Lindsey. It's clear they are pleased with the album, and it has received a good response from both critics and fans; there's no reason on earth why they shouldn't do it again. I don't think Fleetwood Mac as a 5-piece will be doing another album, and that's fine with me.