Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalBegin View Post
RIGHT! I've been loving the hell out of "Wildflowers" lately - in fact, I truly feel it's his finest album - and I knew I knew the title "You Wreck Me" from another context. Thanks for the reminder!
Wildflowers is everything. Originally Tom wanted to play it in its entirety for this most recent tour.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:59 PM
Junior Ledgie

Hi all! First-time poster, but longtime TP fan. I have recently ventured into buying all of Stevie's solo albums since I loved 2011's 'In Your Dreams' so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
At the 1985 Heartbreakers concert at Compton Terrace, Stevie sang a great "Not Fade Away" with the boys.

A month later, I saw Stevie sing "Stop Dragging" with the Heartbreakers at Universal in L.A., and danced around a bit when they did "Don't Bring Me Down."
I actually uploaded the audience-recorded audio version of the 3 songs from Tom and the Heartbreakers' 1985 show to YouTube here: the "Not Fade Away" performance is a particularly great one.

I've not seen the "Don't Bring Me Down" audio from the June 1981 show shared anywhere, and I do have it, so figured I'd share it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy View Post
I can't find it on YouTube to share, but I have an awesome demo of "The Dealer" with Tom singing the lead! One of my more favorite Stevie and Tom moments.
I wound up looking at Jeremy Doe's YouTube channel, commented and asked about the TP version, and I've been assured that it's actually Walter Egan singing with Stevie, not TP.

In any case, does anyone have any of the followings things:
- the full audio of TP and Stevie singing "Wild Thing" from the Gainesville show in October 1981? I have a partial audio file but not a full one.
- any of the reels where TP and the Heartbreakers are performing with Stevie: such as "Christian Reel E" (referenced here) and any of the times the Heartbreakers performed "The Dealer," "Starshine," and more? I have most of the "Outside the Rain" and "Stop Draggin'" takes, but not the ones previously mentioned in high quality audio form. Thanks!