User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2016, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lol. Yeah peoples favorite excuse - blame it on perfectionism! He hasn't done that in this century so no reason to think he will start now.
whoa, are you sure?

he spent a loooot of time on SYW
Old 12-09-2016, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
whoa, are you sure?

he spent a loooot of time on SYW
Only because it started out as a solo project, and he started recording it when there was a shakeup at WB. He basically sat on the project while waiting to see what was going on with the label. Considering he became a father in this time, I doubt he worked as much on SYW as he did OOTC.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-09-2016, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Only because it started out as a solo project, and he started recording it when there was a shakeup at WB. He basically sat on the project while waiting to see what was going on with the label. Considering he became a father in this time, I doubt he worked as much on SYW as he did OOTC.
oh I get all that, but the amount of time spent recording just Stevie's stuff and then having her record on his stuff while short for FM standards was the time a lot of other bands could do a whole album from start to finish.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
oh I get all that, but the amount of time spent recording just Stevie's stuff and then having her record on his stuff while short for FM standards was the time a lot of other bands could do a whole album from start to finish.
true, way too long. seems to happen every time Stevie is involved

good thing she is not involved this time around!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Exactly. I don't see how there is time to do everything now. I don't see how they could have time to rehearse and conduct a short tour (without Stevie) prior to the huge world tour. It takes so much time to rehearse, get promotions, book hotels, etc. Its quite possible the "new album" will be pushed until another day well after the world tour.
you have to remember that if it's a small Christine-Lindsey tour, they don't need large venues so they have more choices. and as for the other time consuming questions:
  • promotion: they will be doing next to no promotion. in FM, the band and especially Stevie are the masters of promotion. some savvy social media promotion would be nice and cheap though!! (I can dream)
  • record company: if they are self-releasing, which seems the most plausible, they don't have to negotiate with record companies, so that can go fast too.
  • rehearsal time: Lindsey solo would announce tour dates about a month or so before the start of the tour. when he did Saban with a better part of his setlist being all new songs, he and the band rehearsed about 3 weeks, if i remember correctly.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-09-2016, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They really need to move on without Stevie. She just has no creativity left anymore and a bad attitude.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
They really need to move on without Stevie. She just has no creativity left anymore and a bad attitude.
She doesn't have a bad attitude. What she does have is a hugely successful solo career that doesn't involve Lindsey Buckingham nit-picking at her every move. If you haven't noticed, she's currently having a blast performing solo to crowds of up to 20,000 people in packed out arenas. Good on her. She's too old to do stuff she doesn't want to do.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
If you haven't noticed, she's currently having a blast performing solo to crowds of up to 20,000 people in packed out arenas. Good on her. She's too old to do stuff she doesn't want to do.
good for her!

(although not everyone follows what she does solo, so people may have not noticed)

Old 12-09-2016, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
good for her!

(although not everyone follows what she does solo, so people may have not noticed)
It's called ignorance.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's called ignorance.
Or lack of interest.

If Stevie's having a ball on her own, great. If her only interest in FM are greatest hit tours that allow her to rake in more millions doing the same songs over and over, that's another story. Many of the fans want new music. Her resistance to it is beyond frustrating. The rest of the band's seeming refusal to move on is also beyond frustrating.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i posted in LB forum, but since it's a pic of both Mick and Lindsey, in the studio in LA yesterday, it probably warrants inclusion here too, for completeness of the info -

Old 12-09-2016, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i posted in LB forum, but since it's a pic of both Mick and Lindsey, in the studio in LA yesterday, it probably warrants inclusion here too, for completeness of the info -

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-09-2016, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She doesn't have a bad attitude. What she does have is a hugely successful solo career that doesn't involve Lindsey Buckingham nit-picking at her every move. If you haven't noticed, she's currently having a blast performing solo to crowds of up to 20,000 people in packed out arenas. Good on her. She's too old to do stuff she doesn't want to do.
I agree James.I dont see any hate for Stevie on this tour and no nit-picking from others as she does great with a new setlist.Sorry to be blunt .We should move on with this issue and not dictate what they should do in their life"All of Mac members " at that age.Why we have to continue to dwell on this topic all the time on here.We are so lucky to have all of them alive as others are passing on like most resent loss was Greg Lake of ELP .We may not like what they do in their life but just be happy that we still have them alive on earth with us.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 12-09-2016 at 10:02 PM..
Old 12-09-2016, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't hate Stevie, but I think she should either leave the band, take a hiatus from the band in a way that allows them to make music as a band without her, or just give them two or three songs.

I think Fleetwood Mac could function as a creative entity for a few more albums if Stevie wasn't in the band. I think she's holding them back. As a fan of Christine, Lindsey, John, and Mick, I am frustrated that they're going out of their way to accommodate her, allowing years to go by without a new album. Now I don't blame Stevie entirely, I thought they should have gone on as Buckingham Fleetwood McVie without her, but it taints my opinion of her.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-09-2016, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think Fleetwood Mac could function as a creative entity for a few more albums if Stevie wasn't in the band. I think she's holding them back. As a fan of Christine, Lindsey, John, and Mick, I am frustrated that they're going out of their way to accommodate her, allowing years to go by without a new album. Now I don't blame Stevie entirely, I thought they should have gone on as Buckingham Fleetwood McVie without her, but it taints my opinion of her.
yes. we could have already had at least 2 more albums, and another one in the making. instead, we have been waiting for the same album since 2009. band could have had so much larger creative legacy and longer catalog.